• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12 @...DEN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a big come from behind win in JAX, the Steelers hit the road again, for one of two trips west of the Mississippi late in the season. The plane stops in DEN for this one.

The 4-6 Broncos are not having the season they expected after signing Case Keenum to solve their QB problems. They come in ranking 19th on OFC and 13th on DEF....they're still lethal on the edge of the DEF with Von Miller and imo they landed the anchor for the opposite side in Bradley Chubb and thru 10 games he has 9 sacks in his rookie campaign to date. OT play and a solid run game will be crucial in this one. The Broncos are not as strong at the LB level and the back end....Harris is still a top CB, Roby is pretty good also but battling a concussion.

On OFC...a familiar name in former Steeler Emmanuel Sanders is their top targeted WR. Phillip Lindsay is a smaller RB but very effective in both the run game and passing game. The key to this game for Butler and the DEF is pressure. Keenum is 63% passer for the season, but his knock his entire career has been a high INT/TD ratio and that is back this yr...11 TD, to 10 INTS...that tells me that they will probably zone it off and bring some heat and hope to get one to go their way,

Health... Gilbert (knee) and Tuitt (elbow) are the notables...Both are listed as questionable...I'm not sure if I would leave a gimpy Gilbert one on one with Miller very much...There will have to be a combo plan on that side regardless of who the RT his this week. AVill is has to hold his own against the rookie Chubb.

Outlook...Recent history is not been all that kind to the Steelers when they travel to the Rocky Mountain state. They have lost the last 3 visits there and have not scored more than 23 pts in any of those games. The DEF faces a slightly better OFC in DEN, but I think they are playing at a higher level than any point this season. Assuming Ben doesn't give them any short fields...I don't sense the Broncos will score more than 20 pts on them. On OFC, I think Fichtner will work really hard to get Connor established hoping to keep the edge pressure from having too many peel back downs. DEN is not the great run DEF, so I'm expecting some success there and a more balanced OFC attack this week.

I'm going 24-17 PIT

What say you?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a big come from behind win in JAX, the Steelers hit the road again, for one of two trips west of the Mississippi late in the season. The plane stops in DEN for this one.

The 4-6 Broncos are not having the season they expected after signing Case Keenum to solve their QB problems. They come in ranking 19th on OFC and 13th on DEF....they're still lethal on the edge of the DEF with Von Miller and imo they landed the anchor for the opposite side in Bradley Chubb and thru 10 games he has 9 sacks in his rookie campaign to date. OT play and a solid run game will be crucial in this one. The Broncos are not as strong at the LB level and the back end....Harris is still a top CB, Roby is pretty good also but battling a concussion.

On OFC...a familiar name in former Steeler Emmanuel Sanders is their top targeted WR. Phillip Lindsay is a smaller RB but very effective in both the run game and passing game. The key to this game for Butler and the DEF is pressure. Keenum is 63% passer for the season, but his knock his entire career has been a high INT/TD ratio and that is back this yr...11 TD, to 10 INTS...that tells me that they will probably zone it off and bring some heat and hope to get one to go their way,

Health... Gilbert (knee) and Tuitt (elbow) are the notables...Both are listed as questionable...I'm not sure if I would leave a gimpy Gilbert one on one with Miller very much...There will have to be a combo plan on that side regardless of who the RT his this week. AVill is has to hold his own against the rookie Chubb.

Outlook...Recent history is not been all that kind to the Steelers when they travel to the Rocky Mountain state. They have lost the last 3 visits there and have not scored more than 23 pts in any of those games. The DEF faces a slightly better OFC in DEN, but I think they are playing at a higher level than any point this season. Assuming Ben doesn't give them any short fields...I don't sense the Broncos will score more than 20 pts on them. On OFC, I think Fichtner will work really hard to get Connor established hoping to keep the edge pressure from having too many peel back downs. DEN is not the great run DEF, so I'm expecting some success there and a more balanced OFC attack this week.

I'm going 24-17 PIT

What say you?

I expect this to be a very tough game for the Broncos. In back to back weeks, Denver will be facing a hot team that has won six in a row. Denver's D has given up a lot of yards but has been more stingy with points. Their highlight this year is holding the Chiefs (twice) and the Rams well below their scoring totals for the season. However, these came in a losing effort on all three occasions. A few heart-breaking and close losses have defined Denver's season

Case Keenum has not lived up to the Broncos expectations this year. He's been pretty streaky and as you pointed out, his interceptions have been baffling. At times he can move this offense but for much of the game, he seems to either rush everything or not sense pressure from his blind side. Our running game has been really good this year but the Steelers are very good at stopping the run and no doubt they'll be trying to take that away early and often.

The Broncos coaching staff and team are going to be playing for their season. There's much talk here about getting on a run and how much it would help to take down a Pittsburgh team. Losing on Sunday would take the Broncos to 4-7 and odds of ever making the playoffs would dwindle to nothing (not that they're good now).

I'm not sure how our pass rush gets to Big Ben. He's taken very few sacks this year against some very good defensive fronts. If our edge can't get to him, we're a little weak up the middle and on the back end. The Broncos D has been gashed a few times this year and they can't stop a tight end to save their lives.

Denver's advantage in this one is home field for sure. A desperate team, coming off an emotional win over the Chargers and a season on the line. I expect them to come out pretty amped up. If the Steelers can deal with that in the first half, the better team (Pittsburgh) should win the game.

Against my better judgement and in full homer (desperation) mode, I'm taking the Broncos to edge the Steelers by the score of 24-23. These games are usually fun!

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this could be a close game but the Steelers are the better team

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect this to be a very tough game for the Broncos. In back to back weeks, Denver will be facing a hot team that has won six in a row. Denver's D has given up a lot of yards but has been more stingy with points. Their highlight this year is holding the Chiefs (twice) and the Rams well below their scoring totals for the season. However, these came in a losing effort on all three occasions. A few heart-breaking and close losses have defined Denver's season

Case Keenum has not lived up to the Broncos expectations this year. He's been pretty streaky and as you pointed out, his interceptions have been baffling. At times he can move this offense but for much of the game, he seems to either rush everything or not sense pressure from his blind side. Our running game has been really good this year but the Steelers are very good at stopping the run and no doubt they'll be trying to take that away early and often.

The Broncos coaching staff and team are going to be playing for their season. There's much talk here about getting on a run and how much it would help to take down a Pittsburgh team. Losing on Sunday would take the Broncos to 4-7 and odds of ever making the playoffs would dwindle to nothing (not that they're good now).

I'm not sure how our pass rush gets to Big Ben. He's taken very few sacks this year against some very good defensive fronts. If our edge can't get to him, we're a little weak up the middle and on the back end. The Broncos D has been gashed a few times this year and they can't stop a tight end to save their lives.

Denver's advantage in this one is home field for sure. A desperate team, coming off an emotional win over the Chargers and a season on the line. I expect them to come out pretty amped up. If the Steelers can deal with that in the first half, the better team (Pittsburgh) should win the game.

Against my better judgement and in full homer (desperation) mode, I'm taking the Broncos to edge the Steelers by the score of 24-23. These games are usually fun!

Truly deserves a winner, but we're playing you guys this week so...

Edge...concerned about RT. Starter Gilbert is out most likely, Fieler is a seasoned backup, but facing an elite edge rusher, I'm concerned either way...The last two games in DEN Ben was sacked 8 times...Miller got him twice in the Tebow game. That's why I think they will really try to establish Conner. I really expect them to run the power run to Chubb's side and get him on his heels a bit. They will run it to both sides, but DeCastro (RG) is the better pulling blocker. If that play is working early, I expect Conner to get into the 100 yd area.

The Steeler DEF has come a ways from the 1st two weeks and steadily gotten better, but this will be the 1st QB since Matt Ryan they have faced that is capable of throwing 300+/3TDs. They've faced a RB similar to Lindsay in McCaffery with CAR...they hammered CAR, but McCaffery did some damage.

If the DEF continues to get pressure I like PIT, but you have to be guarded as the Steeler fan against teams under .500 in the Tomlin era.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly deserves a winner, but we're playing you guys this week so...

Edge...concerned about RT. Starter Gilbert is out most likely, Fieler is a seasoned backup, but facing an elite edge rusher, I'm concerned either way...The last two games in DEN Ben was sacked 8 times...Miller got him twice in the Tebow game. That's why I think they will really try to establish Conner. I really expect them to run the power run to Chubb's side and get him on his heels a bit. They will run it to both sides, but DeCastro (RG) is the better pulling blocker. If that play is working early, I expect Conner to get into the 100 yd area.

The Steeler DEF has come a ways from the 1st two weeks and steadily gotten better, but this will be the 1st QB since Matt Ryan they have faced that is capable of throwing 300+/3TDs. They've faced a RB similar to Lindsay in McCaffery with CAR...they hammered CAR, but McCaffery did some damage.

If the DEF continues to get pressure I like PIT, but you have to be guarded as the Steeler fan against teams under .500 in the Tomlin era.

I agree that the Steelers will get Conner going early and he'll have success against the Broncos defense. Chubb has really grown with each week and is clearly not only a great pass rusher but has also been stout against the run. Pittsburgh will see more success taking it straight up the gut.

I'm worried as a Broncos fan that the Steelers will be able to shut down our run game. It's the only real thing that makes the Keenum led offense work. Keenum can pull some rabbits out of his hat but he's wildly inconsistent.

The Broncos will struggle with the explosiveness of AB and JuJu but they've been pretty good at keeping things between the 20's. Again, I'm hoping that home field plays a role, both with the crowd noise and the altitude. The Broncos really need to get their running game going to gas the Steelers defense toward the end of the game but that's a tall order.

Big Ben is always a wild card for us. Although we've had success in bringing him down before, this season his sacks are very low. Something on your O line seems to be working. If Ben doesn't hold onto the ball for too long, he should have some success.

Turnovers could very well decide this game. I also predict a close one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Steelers will get Conner going early and he'll have success against the Broncos defense. Chubb has really grown with each week and is clearly not only a great pass rusher but has also been stout against the run. Pittsburgh will see more success taking it straight up the gut.

I'm worried as a Broncos fan that the Steelers will be able to shut down our run game. It's the only real thing that makes the Keenum led offense work. Keenum can pull some rabbits out of his hat but he's wildly inconsistent.

The Broncos will struggle with the explosiveness of AB and JuJu but they've been pretty good at keeping things between the 20's. Again, I'm hoping that home field plays a role, both with the crowd noise and the altitude. The Broncos really need to get their running game going to gas the Steelers defense toward the end of the game but that's a tall order.

Big Ben is always a wild card for us. Although we've had success in bringing him down before, this season his sacks are very low. Something on your O line seems to be working. If Ben doesn't hold onto the ball for too long, he should have some success.

Turnovers could very well decide this game. I also predict a close one.

The power run play...the pulling G is targeting a ILB most of the time, but the OLB has to force the edge and that keeps him from teeing off in pass rush mode...for a rookie, that can be frustrating.

Steeler DL...imo they have been the more talented group in just about every game this season, but only recently have they have started to make splash plays. Tuitt's battling an elbow, we'll have to see if he plays, but the last month, a DL got a sack or a TFL in every game.

Pass/pro...Mostly Ben imo...not to take away from the OL, they are one of the better groups, but he's more willing to take what the DEF gives now. Also using the RB as an outlet receiver a lot more in the Bell era and it's continuing with Connor. Not looking for the bigger chunks and ad libbing near as much as in the past.

Mile High...I have family in Brighton and Thornton, been there many times. Maybe not the same HFA of the old Mile High which I was fortunate enough to see a game at, but PIT has yet to solve DEN in DEN so you really can't feel too confident just because of the records.

I think it will be close as well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Gilbert & Feiler are questionable... woof

Rookie Chuks better strap up!

@ATL96Steeler

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Balance. Get Connor going again to take the pressure off the RT facing Von Miller. Who knows who will suit up out there with both Gil & Feiler questionable. Rookie Chuks might be the guy. In Munch we trust, but Fichtner better have a good plan so they don't get overly exposed on the right side. If the run game gets going then they can control this game. But I expect a healthy amount of quick passes so long as they don't leave themselves 2nd/3rd & long situations. Harris vs AB will be another fun matchup to watch. AB has gotten the better of him in recent years so I imagine Harris will want to rectify that. AB is one of the few receivers that has feasted on him. And apparently he has already 'vowed' that AB won't repeat that sort of performance against him. These are the sort of challenges that AB lives for. But supposedly it has been leaked that AB has that rare sickle cell trait that Ryan Clark has. Might be heresay but that's incredibly dangerous to play if its true. AB seems intent to play.

Defense... Another game that wreaks of zone schemes. As has been discussed already, Keenum isn't the type that will exploit them so they can sit back & let the front 7 wreak havoc and hope for a turnover to come their way. Tuitt may have already been ruled out IIRC. So that means we should see Hargrave & Alualu outside with McCullers & Walton rotating inside. Worries me about their run defense without Tuitt.

Feels like a Tomlin trap game... A game they should win but won't. And if Ben rolls out the same hero ball that we saw against JAX, then this will get ugly quickly. I'll go with the optimist inside me though!

Steelers 28 - Broncos 14

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pecs ends seasons...I would be surprised if Feiler starts today....Chuks it probably will be...they've got to chip on his side to help the kid out....I would not want V Mac in FF today...could be chipping all day....I still like the power run to Chubb's side, especially early...if that's working I feel good about the outcome.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys, i have a really bad feeling about todays game. I feel like its a trap game
Rumors over AB having sickle cell.
Broncos coming off a huge win
us squeeking out a win.
We dont play great in denver mostly
James conner needs to bounce back big.
were only favored by 3-which tells me vegas thinks the same

im scared
thumb_please-dont-leave-mealone-im-scared-memes-com-14296258.png

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys, i have a really bad feeling about todays game. I feel like its a trap game
us squeeking out a win.

im scared

It'll be okay. Just give Bell some carries today. Oh yeah, never mind.:heh:

I mean I hope the game ends in tie.:D

And before you respond don't make me show you my business card again.

downloadsdffsd.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
us squeeking out a win.

im scared
Dude... Don't you know that the Steelers are undefeated since they signed this guy:

uw6suhnao5z11.jpg

#LuckyCharm

In Herb Waters I trust.

And if it ain't Bong Juice, I ain't drinking it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pullin for the Browns today. Going to be epic if they can win in Cincy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

haha, i think this is a big game for conner, he got shut the f down again last week, then gameflowed out, and dropped some key passes. he has to respond, but does he?

is it sad i want the browns to beat the bungholes

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it sad i want the browns to beat the bungholes
No... I feel like its retribution of sorts. Bengals should be the laughing stock of the NFL for their FO stupidity & overall ineptitude. They continuously slap their fans in the face.

10898250_511472098994734_3029970639758301125_n.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the season is lost for Cleveland, they are playing with a ton of confidence right now. Which they should. Call it a tryout for 2019. If they can ride this momentum and close out the year on a high note, I would expect a dangerous Browns team in 2019.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the season is lost for Cleveland, they are playing with a ton of confidence right now. Which they should. Call it a tryout for 2019. If they can ride this momentum and close out the year on a high note, I would expect a dangerous Browns team in 2019.

They have been a number of close games. Guess that's better than getting blown out. I think the best thing that finally happened was getting rid of Jackson. And for the first time in too long I do have some optimism for the team moving forward.