• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12 @...DEN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been a number of close games. Guess that's better than getting blown out. I think the best thing that finally happened was getting rid of Jackson. And for the first time in too long I do have some optimism for the team moving forward.
Don't ever let anyone tell you that you didn't earn that optimism either!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers have to win in a place they usually struggle in. With the upcoming schedule the way it is, winning today would be much needed. Once again, let's take this game. Let's go!

PIT 24
DEN 20

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching... Well from a HC standpoint I see a very sloppy team. I wouldn’t call them unprepared because it looked as if they could have easily won this game if the players themselves were more focused. That falls on Tomlin. Have to “go there” and say this felt like the classic Tomlin trap game. Fichtner called a beautiful game. Sucked the players just turned the ball over so much. He did pass the ball way too much for my liking but it was working. They were aggressive and moved the ball with relative ease. Can’t fault him. Butler’s D did not look good. Sure they held them to 24 pts but the way Denver ate up the zone & moved the ball it looked way too easy at times. C-

Offense... Such a shame. They could have easily put up 30-40 pts in this game if the players took better care of the ball. Ben put up amazing numbers, but sadly all we’ll remember was that final INT. Just an embarrassing game that was full of ugly turnovers. C-

Defense... Regressed. Secondary sat in zones for most of the game and Keenum didn’t have too many problems moving the ball. Run containment was a major issue. Once. Butler dialed up the pressure the defense looked better. But the turnovers from the PIT offense was putting them in difficult positions, and the tiredness that comes with playing in altitude was readily apparent. Very difficult for players to keep fresh when your not getting much of a breather. C-

ST... Boz’s TD took the world by surprise. Sadly it was a waste coming in a loss and it didn’t make me forget the blocked FG. Coverage units looks better. Switz needs to take better care of the ball. Luckily he recovered his own muff but that was too close for comfort in a crucial situation. C+

Overall/Outlook... Can’t keep playing that many games that close to the chest and hoping for that last second magic to bail you out... Living that close to the sun each week, sooner or later you’re going to get burned. Hope the troops learn a valuable lesson from that game. Because it has felt like all that winning went to their heads and they thought they could coast through games. Probably an unfair assessment, but I don’t care. Calling it like it looks. This team needs to play to its potential or it will suffer many more losses. That 6 game win streak looks pretty flukey at this point. Hopefully this is the kick in the groin they need to wake up before the insanely difficult 3 games ahead! C-

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoot.jpg

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough game, for sure.

Turnovers killed us, you can't expect to win them all when you give the ball away that much.

They'll bounce back, hopefully learn from the dumb mistakes.

That two that stand out as OMFG was Grimble and JC.... And you'd think Conner would know better at this point and time!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense... Regressed. Secondary sat in zones for most of the game and Keenum didn’t have too many problems moving the ball. Run containment was a major issue. Once. Butler dialed up the pressure the defense looked better. But the turnovers from the PIT offense was putting them in difficult positions, and the tiredness that comes with playing in altitude was readily apparent. Very difficult for players to keep fresh when your not getting much of a breather. C-

This I don't understand......
This D only dominates when they run pressure.
No pressure, secondary gets exposed. Damn, someone tape up Tuitt and get him back out there.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one hurts. They needed it with the upcoming schedule and the fact that Baltimore has an easy remaining schedule. Agree that it hurts even more that they gave this game away. Grimble and Conner were just brutal turnovers. Still think the blocked FG was illegal.

Not that I'm defending Ben here, but his 2 INT's go along a pattern that has been very annoying recently. In both, Ben is trying to fit the ball into AB in a window that almost doesn't exist. It truly makes me believe that AB is constantly in Ben's ear about getting "his catches" and "wanting the ball". Seems like Ben's been trying to do this too much over these past 2 games and it's alarming. When AB is bottled up, throw it to a safer option and avoid the INT. I'm sure Ben wants everyone to be happy. Although winning the game should be the first priority.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...somehow it was fitting the Steelers last play on OFC in this game resulted in a turnover.

HC...3 of 4...I thought the team was ready to play, yet were disciplined...still another loss to a team under .500.

OFC...3 of 4...in spite of them throwing to run it was probably Fichtner's best job this year...over 500 yds of OFC and +10 min of possession. That wins the game probably 90% of the time, but 4 turnovers is probably more like 95% loss and they couldn't overcome it either.

DEF...3 or 4...The DEN running game and passing game did just enough damage to take advantage of the turnovers.

ST...3 of 4...The fake FG made up for the blocked FG...but still ball security was a problem.

Outlook...DEN was the last of a long stretch of games PIT was favored. The loss pushes them into the 4 seed right now with 3 tough QBs remaining. The loss coupled with BAL winning also tightens up the DIV race again. The Steelers were not going to go 13-2-1, but this was a bad time for loss...especially after dominating the play on the field for much of the game. The DEF has looked pretty good vs some pretty average QBs...now they face some stiffer competition...how they fare against LAC, NO, and NE will tell me everything I need to know going into the JAN football.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one hurts. They needed it with the upcoming schedule and the fact that Baltimore has an easy remaining schedule. Agree that it hurts even more that they gave this game away. Grimble and Conner were just brutal turnovers. Still think the blocked FG was illegal.

Not that I'm defending Ben here, but his 2 INT's go along a pattern that has been very annoying recently. In both, Ben is trying to fit the ball into AB in a window that almost doesn't exist. It truly makes me believe that AB is constantly in Ben's ear about getting "his catches" and "wanting the ball". Seems like Ben's been trying to do this too much over these past 2 games and it's alarming. When AB is bottled up, throw it to a safer option and avoid the INT. I'm sure Ben wants everyone to be happy. Although winning the game should be the first priority.

Blocked FG...They said he didn't get a running start, nor used another player for leverage so it was legal, but I thought he got a bit of a running start.

Grimble...I thought that was helmet to helmet contact in the new rules, but the official didn't see it that way. Being fond old school football, I thought it was just a helluva hit by the S, but Grimble at 6'4 260 has to score there regardless.

Connor...ball security has officially become a problem for him imo.

Ben...clearly he didn't see the DL falling off the line into coverage...just an awful throw and a terrible time...the earlier one I guess was an overthrow or he was expecting a different route by the WR.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MileHigh64

Congrats Man!

The Broncos needed that game much like PIT needed a game earlier in the yr vs ATL. I can look at it and say PIT gave the game away, and in a lot of ways they did, but the two fumbles were the result of a great hit and a very good tackle in open space so those were "caused" by DEN.

Hats off!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh!! Turnovers kill!!!!

This team won't go far in the playoffs if they don't tighten up ball security a lot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh!! Turnovers kill!!!!

This team won't go far in the playoffs if they don't tighten up ball security a lot.

What is so frustrating about this team now is we still don't quite know where this DEF is, and now the OFC shooting itself in the foot on the regular.

I agree with Romo…of the true SB contending teams (NO, LAR, NE, KC, LAC), PIT might be the most balanced team OFC/DEF. Obviously there's not a great DEF among any of the contenders, but of the group the Steelers are just as good as the next DEF. They've shown they can move the ball and score on any team in the league, but like you said, work is still ahead just to make the playoffs, but they won't go far or might not even get there turning it over vs the elite OFC they will face in the coming weeks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so frustrating about this team now is we still don't quite know where this DEF is, and now the OFC shooting itself in the foot on the regular.

I agree with Romo…of the true SB contending teams (NO, LAR, NE, KC, LAC), PIT might be the most balanced team OFC/DEF. Obviously there's not a great DEF among any of the contenders, but of the group the Steelers are just as good as the next DEF. They've shown they can move the ball and score on any team in the league, but like you said, work is still ahead just to make the playoffs, but they won't go far or might not even get there turning it over vs the elite OFC they will face in the coming weeks.
What worries me about facing LAC, NO & NE is that I fear we will see a lot of the same team that we saw against KC earlier this season. A team that doesn't start very well, and has to play catchup for 3 quarters, and will likely shoot itself in the foot when they get to the front doorstep. I really don't like that Fichtner is so quick to abandon the run. Even if it works it just feels too risky.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me about facing LAC, NO & NE is that I fear we will see a lot of the same team that we saw against KC earlier this season. A team that doesn't start very well, and has to play catchup for 3 quarters, and will likely shoot itself in the foot when they get to the front doorstep. I really don't like that Fichtner is so quick to abandon the run. Even if it works it just feels too risky.

Yep, the two things this team has shown so far...starting slower on OFC than the teams you mentioned and I don't care who you are, if you're throwing it 40-50 times, you're prone to make a mistake.

I really think they were intending to throw it early to run it later and it was working, but as soon as the OFC faced a deficit they abandoned it. So "quick" is the operative word and I agree. Very Andy Reid like if you ask me.
Yet...in the NE @ NYJ game yesterday...the Pats rushed it 36 times for 215 yds....granted, they mostly had the lead in the second half, but they stayed with it.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben...clearly he didn't see the DL falling off the line into coverage...just an awful throw and a terrible time...the earlier one I guess was an overthrow or he was expecting a different route by the WR.

I think Ben was panicked and was hearing footsteps.
The low and off to the side snap started it off, then getting little or no look into coverage....he just grabbed it and threw where he knew the route was going.... There was no way that ball was getting to AB even if the DT didn't pick it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ben was panicked and was hearing footsteps.
The low and off to the side snap started it off, then getting little or no look into coverage....he just grabbed it and threw where he knew the route was going.... There was no way that ball was getting to AB even if the DT didn't pick it.

Exactly...barring something out of the norm happening, like a goofy tip or something...the CB knocks it down or picks it himself.

As they say hindsight is 20/20, but a throw away and live for 4th down just seems so much more appealing in real time. I'm sure as soon as it left his hand he said oh shit!...Well Ben doesn't cuss much now I understand...

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...barring something out of the norm happening, like a goofy tip or something...the CB knocks it down or picks it himself.

As they say hindsight is 20/20, but a throw away and live for 4th down just seems so much more appealing in real time. I'm sure as soon as it left his hand he said oh shit!...Well Ben doesn't cuss much now I understand...

One thing we can say about Ben, when panic sets in, we're all screwed!!!!

As I said earlier, if Grimble and Conner hold the ball....easy win. But shit happens.....and often to us. :lol:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I said earlier, if Grimble and Conner hold the ball....easy win. But shit happens.....and often to us. :lol:

Enough said and they know it themselves.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conner needs to get right. The only difference between him & Bell is ball security. And its a damn shame to see him struggle like this after blowing the lid off of the Bell situation. I still have a ton of confidence in him, but he needs to protect that damn ball!

Grimble... That was a flat out terrible fumble. Ignore the fact that it went out of the EZ for a touchback... He could have avoided that collision altogether. He had plenty of time to cut back inside. To me, that was him trying to pull a Vance McDonald and assert some authority. His ego wrote a check that his body couldn't cash.