• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 11 - SNF- Minnesota Vikings @ Denver Broncos

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we have more posters around here when we lose then when we win..

Why would that be @Mingo ?

People embarrassed by their hissy fits?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get the Cleveland Browns Dobbs I think we win handily, if it’s the Dobbs of last week we might be in a bit of trouble.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota's defense has been pretty impressive the last few weeks. This won't be an easy match up, IMO. Need to get our offense clicking better and that starts with the run game. Broncos are favored due to the home field venue but this could be a pick em' type of game. Now that the Broncos are showing signs of life, Mile High will be rocking like it hasn't in years and that will help. As @Duffman mentioned, which Dobbs we get might be the difference maker.

Last edited:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come The Rock GIF by WWE

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I say something I am irritated with I will say I am very happy with how the team has looked the past several weeks.

Ok, now for a negative comment.

Can we just find a way to get Marvin Mims the ball outside of a reverse????

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I say something I am irritated with I will say I am very happy with how the team has looked the past several weeks.

Ok, now for a negative comment.

Can we just find a way to get Marvin Mims the ball outside of a reverse????

Mims has definitely earned the right to be a bigger part of this offense. Not only with his special teams play but his performance down the field when the Broncos DID throw him the ball. He's already shown that he has the speed and the clutch gene.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we have more posters around here when we lose then when we win..

Why would that be @Mingo ?

People embarrassed by their hissy fits?
My theory is they are protecting themselves emotionally from being wrong about their favorite team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims has definitely earned the right to be a bigger part of this offense. Not only with his special teams play but his performance down the field when the Broncos DID throw him the ball. He's already shown that he has the speed and the clutch gene.
And if we just put some velcro on his facemask - he will never muff a football again. JK - Love his game.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota's defense has been pretty impressive the last few weeks. This won't be an easy match up, IMO. Need to get our offense clicking better and that starts with the run game. Broncos are favored due to the home field venue but this could be a pick em' type of game. Now that the Broncos are showing signs of life, Mile High will be rocking like it hasn't in years and that will help. As @Duffman mentioned, which Dobbs we get might be the difference maker.
After watching the Dolphins hang 70 and 700+ yards of offense on the Broncos I didn't think I'd be saying this in the same season, but the Broncos defense is playing pretty well of late. Despite being ranked dead last in both run defense and points per game, this unit is somehow playing pretty decent football right now. The Bills are the first team in 4 games to crack 20 points against this unit.

If we could just get the offense to find it's next gear (which in our offense's case appears to be second gear) this team might actually have a shot at salvaging the season. They're 4-2 since that embarrassment against the Dolphins, so maybe they have a shot anyway.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We released Coburn today and actviated Kareem Jackson.

Also released Reese Taylor off the PS. Probably hoping to sign Coburn to our PS. The Chiefs drafted him and I am sure are going to try and convince him to stick with them if he clears waivers. Will be interesting. We also must not be too impressed.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first NFL was thinking of swapping out this game and now it’s the must see TV

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs has been pretty good since his arrival in Minnesota, but he must have some weaknesses to exploit considering his career to date.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs has been pretty good since his arrival in Minnesota, but he must have some weaknesses to exploit considering his career to date.

Yup. Exactly what I was saying to a friend. Dobbs has done a great job learning on the fly and helping the Vikings to two wins but he is what he is. A smart, average stop gap QB. He isn't magically a great QB. He isn't a Kurt Warner or Tom Brady story. He is simply a stop gap, smart QB who gives your team a chance to win if you run the ball well and play good D. Probably the smartest or one of the smartest QB's in the NFL.

I am hoping Justin Jefferson is out one more week.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. was just doing a little reading on how some former Bronco personnel have fared after moving on from the team:

- Nathaniel Hackett : the Jets are in the bottom three worst teams in yards, time of possession, points scored, and they rank dead-last in 3rd down efficiency and red zone efficiency ... And Hackett has Aaron Rogers shaking his head in disgust on the sideline with 3rd down play calls

- Ejiro Evero has guided the Panthers defense into one of the worst in the NFL .. The Panthers rank 29th in scoring defense, 31st in turnovers forced, 28th against the run, and dead last in red zone efficiency.

- DreMont Jones vs The Raiders per PFF: 27.8 Overall Grade .. 28.5 Rushing Defense .. 50 Pass Defense .. Graded worst overall Seahawks defensemen

- Billy Turner, Jets OL, stat sheet in game vs The Chargers: 9 pressures, 3 sacks, 2 QB hits

One observation over the years, going back as far as I can remember is that the Broncos know when to fold'em .. From TJ Ward to Julius Thomas, Chris Harris and Malik Jackson, the number of former Broncos that have gone on to different teams and lit it up is very small ..

Chubb for Sean Payton ?? .. I'll take that every single time

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb is playing well, but not for the contract he has signed. Would for sure take Chubb for Payton.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb has played pretty well for Miami but agree, I am happy to have Sean Payton leading this team.

Sounds like Justin Jefferson is very unlikely to play this week. Practicing limited right now and the Vikings want to make sure he is near 100% when he comes back to not re-injure his hammy. Sounds like he will be back the week after the Denver game.