• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 11 - SNF- Minnesota Vikings @ Denver Broncos

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtland Sutton is the man on the other side of the ball ....

This has been a work in progress, and we are seeing the transformation, game by game ..

It has gotten to the point where every time an opposing QB drops back - and esp when they start running around - I'm thinking INT ...

Gotta give Josh Dobbs some big time props - he's out there with his nose running, three weeks into his Vikings career on national TV in a deafening crowd ... Hope he plays lights out from here on out

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Broncos fan here!!

The Good:
  • Defensive takeaways. That's 12 takeaways in 3 games. Amazing.
  • Lutz kicking - 5 for 5
  • Very few penalties from the Broncos this game.
  • Sutton comes through again. Both of his clutch receptions in the final drive sealed the victory
  • Broncos gut one out and win. Four straight victories, best since 2016.
The Bad:
  • Defensive arm tackling for much of the game.
  • Two sacks on the slippery Dobbs but should have been more
  • Broncos 3rd down conversions - 2 for 12
The Ugly:
  • Unable to establish the run
  • Unable to stop the run
  • Offensive red zone efficiency was not good

Stoked for the win but obviously the team still has a lot of work to do. Go Bronco!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Broncos fan here!!

The Good:
  • Defensive takeaways. That's 12 takeaways in 3 games. Amazing.
  • Lutz kicking - 5 for 5
  • Very few penalties from the Broncos this game.
  • Sutton comes through again. Both of his clutch receptions in the final drive sealed the victory
  • Broncos gut one out and win. Four straight victories, best since 2016.
The Bad:
  • Defensive arm tackling for much of the game.
  • Two sacks on the slippery Dobbs but should have been more
  • Broncos 3rd down conversions - 2 for 12
The Ugly:
  • Unable to establish the run
  • Unable to stop the run
  • Offensive red zone efficiency was not good

Stoked for the win but obviously the team still has a lot of work to do. Go Bronco!
I am super happy with the win, great ending - it's really the most fun type of game because it's such a roller coaster of emotion

One thing that I will add to the "bad" category is that, to my eye, I saw at least two instances of receivers wide - WIDE - open downfield when Russ had a bit of time, yet he failed to see them .. Nate Adkins was one along the sideline ... and these instances in Sunday's game were not isolated instances ...

Mims had great play that was called back because of a penalty - Adkins again if I recall - and there was a little more effort to get him the ball. but this was the first game in the Payton era that I thought the play calling became stale and predictable ..

Payton is a great offensive mind, but we've gotta come up with some better plays for 2 point conversions

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win, fellas.

4 straight and smack dab back in the middle of the playoff race for a WC.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the same year I was calling for Vance Joseph to get fired after just 2 games, and that was BEFORE the 70 points allowed to the Dolphins, he has somehow turned this unit into something special. The run defense still needs a lot of work. But this unit has consistently generated turnovers and that's not an accident. Over the 4 game streak they've held opponents to 17 PPG, solid for any defense.

I wish we could see just a little more out of the offense, but ultimately if they are holding on to win games I won't complain.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is really starting to remind me of 2011.

1-4 start

QB that looks lost for 3 quarters, then the 4th quarter starts and he can drive right down the field and score.

Defense that isn’t great but makes the big plays when they need to.

Veteran coach with Super Bowl experience in his first season after we fired a young, offensive minded coach who was in way over his head.

The parallels are uncanny…

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC isn't shaking out to be what it was supposed to be....Denver keeps playing like they are the last 4 games and they could be a sleeper team for a deep playoff run.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this team reminds me of is the early John Elway career under Dan Reeves where the Broncos just played to stay close and at the end of the game Elway was unleashed to make plays on a winning drive.

Some of the arm tackling people are talking about were attempts by the Broncos to pull the ball loose - and the RB instead breaking free. ball hawking defenses tend to give more up by virtue of what they are trying to accomplish.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson and Sutton come up clutch again late in the game. Wow. I was worried in the 1st half though as it looked like the D had regressed. Got to fix the coverage on TE's. They seem to eat our lunch, but love the takeaways.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Dobbs made some Mahomes like escapes and completions. The Bronco's rush was vigorous and determined and finally got to Dobbs late in the game. Dobbs though will have a good career ahead of him.

One of the things - I think - really helps the Broncos in tough situations is HC Payton is so calm and unflappable on the sidelines. It really is remarkable.

McMillian is rapidly becoming one of my favorite Bronco players.

Meinerz has become one of the top Offensive Guards in the league.

Dalton Risner really looked good (and motivated) last night.

Perine needs to play more.

The Broncos starting Oline has missed only a total of 5 snaps all season.

I have to agree with the poster who thought the two-point play call by the Broncos was pretty stupid.

On about 1/2 of the plays I hate Singleton - the other half - I like him.

PS2 is ignored on so many plays he probably wishes he could be a Safety.

I can't recall a time when I had the highest hopes VAnce JOseph would be fired - and now think he's a pretty good coach - in the same season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtland Sutton has become a dog!!!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watched this game today... Thought the following played GREAT games.

McMillian
Simmons
Jewell
Surtain

Bonitto has been a bit quiet lately but showed himself a little more against the Vikings. Between Browning, Cooper and Bonitto seems like at least one of them plays well. If we can get all 3 at the same time that would be great.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watched this game today... Thought the following played GREAT games.

McMillian
Simmons
Jewell
Surtain

Bonitto has been a bit quiet lately but showed himself a little more against the Vikings. Between Browning, Cooper and Bonitto seems like at least one of them plays well. If we can get all 3 at the same time that would be great.
I thought Browning had a great game - he was actually the guy who pulled the first fumble lose.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Browning had a great game - he was actually the guy who pulled the first fumble lose.
Yes, I thought I had his name on my list. Actually, was going to add it after adding my last sentence but see I did not. He belongs on the list.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy I really think isn't doing much for us is Mike Purcell, btw.

I appreciate how he has taken pay cuts and roster cuts to sneak guys back on IR the last two years but I think this is likely his last year as a Bronco.

Good guy though.