• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 Surprises

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Richardson usage- Yes i get it nobody liked Trent coming into this season, but the colts ran the ball 14 times and luck ran 5 of those times while some were un called scrambles...

Considering he averaged 13 touches a game last year with Indy, it's hardly a surprise that he only got nine in a game where they were badly behind.

He'll make up for it in some other game where he gets 63 yards on 17 touches.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he averaged 13 touches a game last year with Indy, it's hardly a surprise that he only got nine in a game where they were badly behind.

He'll make up for it in some other game where he gets 63 yards on 17 touches.

except for the fact last season, ahmad Bradshaw became the number one RB, and had many touches... My point wasnt just about how many times Richardson touched the ball, but the amount of times the Colts had a set running play(only 9 running plays not by QB)...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except for the fact last season, ahmad Bradshaw became the number one RB, and had many touches... My point wasnt just about how many times Richardson touched the ball, but the amount of times the Colts had a set running play(only 9 running plays not by QB)...

I know it's already been touched on, but I highly doubt they went into the game with that as a plan. when your down 24-7 against Peyton Manning and a record setting offense from last year, and you have Andrew Luck, and your not exactly a fast paced offense to begin with, the game dictates you pass more often. I have serious doubts they came in wanting to throw it 50+ times. And you can't stick to something that obviously wasn't working, keep banging your head against a wall and expect to win the game, there simply was no reason to keep trying it after halftime, other than the occasional play just to try and catch them off guard

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except for the fact last season, ahmad Bradshaw became the number one RB, and had many touches

I'm guessing you mean Donald Brown. And that's true (although not a ringing endorsement of TRich).

In their first 7 first-down situations, they ran four times and passed three. After that they were down by 24 points.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy Foster touching the ball 29 times..................can't decide if that's good or bad.
Reggie Wayne was an absolute steal for those who drafted him this year..............I wan't one of them
Carlos Hyde will be used WAAAAYYY more than I thought he would WAAAAYYY earlier too.
Colin Keaps is what he is and will be dissappointing in fantasy this year but a legit NFL QB (he made some really good throws and didn't take off running every single time he felt pressure)
Drop all of your RB lotto tickets and pick up as many WR's as you can! The defensive holding calls are gonna change Fantasy Football for ever!

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish we got points for holding calls. :suds:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Sproles may have a killer year. I had him on the bench, in lieu of Ryan Matthews and Percy Harvin. In a PPR league, he may not be on my bench for much longer.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Sproles may have a killer year. I had him on the bench, in lieu of Ryan Matthews and Percy Harvin. In a PPR league, he may not be on my bench for much longer.

I would really hold off on that..outside of one run where both safeties just completely blew it pre snap by coming up to the outside of the line with no one in the middle, (and he was still almost caught from behind) he really looked very pedestrian on his other 14 touches..10 carries for 22 and 4 catches for 14

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest Week 1 surprise wasn't even on the field.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy Foster touching the ball 29 times..................can't decide if that's good or bad.
Reggie Wayne was an absolute steal for those who drafted him this year..............I wan't one of them
Carlos Hyde will be used WAAAAYYY more than I thought he would WAAAAYYY earlier too.
Colin Keaps is what he is and will be dissappointing in fantasy this year but a legit NFL QB (he made some really good throws and didn't take off running every single time he felt pressure)
Drop all of your RB lotto tickets and pick up as many WR's as you can! The defensive holding calls are gonna change Fantasy Football for ever!

I picked up Gore as a flex this year. He had dropped way down in the rankings. As a 49er fan, I have seen the comments before about RB's sharing the load but this year it looks like the real deal with Hyde. Gore only got me a few points and they went to Hyde at the goal line. Cost me there. I think Hyde could be a great keeper for next year. I think this is Gore's last year as a 49er.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I had so many surprises it hard to single them out. I guess how well Seattle, Atlanta, Minnesota and Miami played. On the flipside how bad, Dallas, St Louis, Washington and KC were.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a Fantasy Football Discussion with a guy at my gym about this. He thought Sproles was going to seriously cut into McCoy's stats and McCoy was not worth a top three pick. Wonder if that turns out to e true.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Fantasy Football Discussion with a guy at my gym about this. He thought Sproles was going to seriously cut into McCoy's stats and McCoy was not worth a top three pick. Wonder if that turns out to e true.

Man, it sure seems like a logical conclusion, doesn't it? Not that the NFL and logic are always a match made in heaven. ;)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah.... a broken down Ellington (on my bench) outscored my starters Charles and Morris in my PPR league. Although it's more disappointing than surprising.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
  • Who the heck is Allen Hurns? 110 yards, 2 TD?
  • Vikings D/ST is the top-scoring D thus far.
  • Jake Locker and Derek Anderson are the #2 & #3 scoring QB so far (prior to SNF & MNF).
  • Pierre Thomas, LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore and CJ1K are not the highest-scoring RB for their respective teams.
  • Who the heck is Anthony Dixon? Five carries 60 yards.
  • Steve Smith was dropped in 1% of ESPN leagues (and probably sat on the bench on teams that he was on). He's tied for he 4th-best WR scoring.
  • Devin Hester? (He had as many points as Andre Johnson, Boldin, Colston, Harvin, and Julio.)
  • There are 6 TE who scored more fantasy points than Jimmy Graham.

My personal surprise: I think E.J. Manuel and Tony Romo switched identities Sunday.

Not too big of a surprise for the Vikes defense considering Hill was QB.
This Sunday if they repeat that feat, it'll be a big surprise...a very good, big surprise. :suds: