• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 Surprises

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Who the heck is Allen Hurns? 110 yards, 2 TD?
  • Vikings D/ST is the top-scoring D thus far.
  • Jake Locker and Derek Anderson are the #2 & #3 scoring QB so far (prior to SNF & MNF).
  • Pierre Thomas, LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore and CJ1K are not the highest-scoring RB for their respective teams.
  • Who the heck is Anthony Dixon? Five carries 60 yards.
  • Steve Smith was dropped in 1% of ESPN leagues (and probably sat on the bench on teams that he was on). He's tied for he 4th-best WR scoring.
  • Devin Hester? (He had as many points as Andre Johnson, Boldin, Colston, Harvin, and Julio.)
  • There are 6 TE who scored more fantasy points than Jimmy Graham.

My personal surprise: I think E.J. Manuel and Tony Romo switched identities Sunday.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was somewhat surprised by Ryan. I figured he'd be okay, but he put up a ridiculous number of points.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing on that list that isn't at least a small surprise to me. .Thomas not being the top scorer in NO..I like Ingram to continue that trend.. well that I didn't expect Hester to catch five balls. . But as a Ryan owner in a couple leagues it works for me!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got another one... Jamaal Charles had a whopping 2 fantasy points. And still was the highest scoring RB on his team. That's gotta be a difficult feat to accomplish.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing on that list that isn't at least a small surprise to me. .Thomas not being the top scorer in NO..I like Ingram to continue that trend.. well that I didn't expect Hester to catch five balls. . But as a Ryan owner in a couple leagues it works for me!

Just checked one of my other teams. Ryan and Patterson did fine by me, but what the hell happened to Doug Martin? And the Rams D killed me.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add that, for real life purposes, I like what the Rams D did just fine. ;)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer has brought a new attitude in Minny.

Bills DST (in Chicago) outscore the Pats DST (in Miami).
E.J. Manuel still stinks (not sure what that says about the Bears)

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal Charles was available over and over and over again today on check downs and Smith completely ignored it.

Funny how he could forget about the only guy who made him a threat through the air last season.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise...

The Rams are a cluster-fuck of things that should never happen.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have both Jamal Charles and Aaron Rodgers on one team. I figured Rodgers would suffer alittle playing in Seattle, but was hoping for a little more points. The two of them together cost me the game this week.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lesean McCoy having such a disappointing day against the Jags.

Tony Romo and Dez Bryant looked terribly out of sink.

The Patriots looked terrible even with Gronkowski on the field. They could be in trouble this year and speaking of them, Vince Wilfork is done. When he was on the field you could not fun the ball up the middle against them and he had no presence whatsoever today.

Knowshon. I thought he'd be okay, but not that good this early.

The Jets running game was impressive.

St. Louis is in for a very long season and if you are streaming defenses this year play whatever defense is playing against them.

The Redskins offense is just as bad in the regular season as it was in the pre-season.

The Seahawks, 49ers, and Panthers were the top 3 ranked defenses for a reason.

Drew Brees threw 1 touchdown against a mediocre defense and they had 3 rushing touchdowns. Cooks was great for a half and then he disappeared and so did the Saints offense. I don't think they are as good as people think they are.

Matt Ryan is back and Steven Jackson is done, might as well count on Jacquizz Rodgers getting more snaps that him now.

Good luck picking a running back to play in Buffalo.

Ben Tate lasted longer than I thought he would before getting hurt. We knew about Terrence West, but where the hell did Isaiah Crowell come from?

The Bengals are going to have problems scoring touchdowns this year. Baltimore is going to have problems scoring period this year.

Leveon Bell looked fantastic and he only lost 4 touches to Lagarrette Blount. I see a big season for him.

Kansas City looked horrible. Alex Smith had one less carry than Jamaal Charles who had 7 for 19 yards. How in the hell can your best (by a landslide) offensive player touch the ball 11 times in the entire game? Horrible game plan Andy Reid.

Shonn Greene isn't going to lose the starting job anytime soon in Tennessee.

Dallas's defense really is horrible.

I still hate Colin Kaepernick.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints offense disappeared in the 2nd half? What game were you watching? They had 14 points in the 2nd half and 20 in the first half. It would have been 17 or 21 if not for the red zone INT brees threw.

Don't judge the Saints off this game. The Saints & Falcons are big rivals and almost all of their games are always close and come down to the final possession or OT. It is very rare that you see a team in this rivalry win by more than a td

Since 2008, 10 of the 13 meetings were decided by 1 score.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be disappointed with McCoy's performance if you were in PPR. But I would be a little worried about the way they are using McCoy and Sproles. Seems like they really want to limit the touches McCoy gets. I expected a lot more of them on the field together. But I guess they were not lying when they wanted to scale back McCoy's touches.

Romo is who we thought he was lol.

Once again the Broncos strike grasping victory from the jaws of defeat. Normally you would get Manning'd but I got Julius Thomas'd on the way to a opening week loss.

Might have to give Ingram a whirl this weekend because Ridley is garbage.

Ray Rice is a POS and should never play another down in the NFL.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be disappointed with McCoy's performance if you were in PPR. But I would be a little worried about the way they are using McCoy and Sproles. Seems like they really want to limit the touches McCoy gets. I expected a lot more of them on the field together. But I guess they were not lying when they wanted to scale back McCoy's touches.

Romo is who we thought he was lol.

Once again the Broncos strike grasping victory from the jaws of defeat. Normally you would get Manning'd but I got Julius Thomas'd on the way to a opening week loss.

Might have to give Ingram a whirl this weekend because Ridley is garbage.

Ray Rice is a POS and should never play another down in the NFL.

I was thinking the same thing about McCoy. Seems like Sproles is going to be a huge X-Factor.

Who's left with the role as a true 3-down RB? Forte? Charles?

As for Charles, what was up with that game plan? :scratch:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my biggest 4 fantasy surprises(besides the random first week guys)

1. Trent Richardson usage- Yes i get it nobody liked Trent coming into this season, but the colts ran the ball 14 times and luck ran 5 of those times while some were un called scrambles...

2. Tom Brady- i thought the Patriots would be unmerciful yesterday... Brady just had a terrible game and just did not look good...

3. Romo and Dez Bryant- do i need to say more??

4. Peyton Manning and Demaryous Thomas- thomas had over 10 balls thrown to him and only caught 4, there is some thing wrong there...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing about McCoy. Seems like Sproles is going to be a huge X-Factor.

Who's left with the role as a true 3-down RB? Forte? Charles?

As for Charles, what was up with that game plan? :scratch:

Yeah and it wasn't like he was coming off the field for 1 or 2 plays. He was actually sitting out full series. Sproles was always a useful PPR guy with the Saints. But if this trend keeps up he could be a reliable start every week. Especially in leagues that count return yards.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Trent Richardson usage- Yes i get it nobody liked Trent coming into this season, but the colts ran the ball 14 times and luck ran 5 of those times while some were un called scrambles...

2. Tom Brady- i thought the Patriots would be unmerciful yesterday... Brady just had a terrible game and just did not look good...

3. Romo and Dez Bryant- do i need to say more??

4. Peyton Manning and Demaryous Thomas- thomas had over 10 balls thrown to him and only caught 4, there is some thing wrong there...

at least two that I can recall off the top of my head were straight up drops, and a couple others were just great defense batting the ball away. I don't think there's a big issue there, the timing was on, but it was obvious the Colts said were not letting him beat us, find someone else. . And of course he did.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing behind and pressing the entire game against the Broncos had a lot to do with it I think. I don't really like the way Hamilton calls plays. I would have a lot more excitement for Richardson coming into the year if Hamilton had been fired after last year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing behind and pressing the entire game against the Broncos had a lot to do with it I think. I don't really like the way Hamilton calls plays. I would have a lot more excitement for Richardson coming into the year if Hamilton had been fired after last year.

I know thats the reason, but it really is a crappy excuse... even if you are desperate to score you still need to run the ball more than 9 times with your RBs... if they continue the abandonment of the run game they will be lucky to win 3 games this season...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know thats the reason, but it really is a crappy excuse... even if you are desperate to score you still need to run the ball more than 9 times with your RBs... if they continue the abandonment of the run game they will be lucky to win 3 games this season...

Well that's Pep Hamilton for you. Like the Eagles down 17 didn't abandon the run game. Not comparing the Jags to the Broncos. But I think the trend will continue as long as Pep is calling the plays.