• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 overreaction Thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos fans on social media acting like Nix had the worst debut in history is pretty laughable. Some of them even comparing him to Zach wilson already, lol. Of course, most of them likely weren't around in '83.

I mean... and you're probably thinking "Oh God here Shark goes", they're not wrong.

It wasn't pretty. 2 INTs, he had one run which came in garbage time, there was two other EASILY dropped INTs. If Seattle didn't gift them 7 points it was 26-6 going into the end of it... this was supposed to be against some low ranked team (according to what the media has been spewing 24/7).

The Broncos do have a good OL. They have a decent RB. Their WR group is led by Sutton but not irrelevant. Nix should've done WAY more with what was on the field. He went back to his Captain checkdown ways (which Seattle properly sniffed out) and was DESTROYED anytime he tried to throw the ball deep, which is EXACTLY what happened in College.

Everyone (Analysts/Scouts/Coaches/GMs) graded the Nix selection poorly and as a desperation move... and DUH, here we are. The only reason the Broncos were anywhere in that game was their defense.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... (and you're probably thinking "Oh God here Shark goes", they're not wrong.

It wasn't pretty. 2 INTs, he had one run which came in garbage time, there was two other EASILY dropped INTs. If Seattle didn't gift them 7 points it was 26-6 going into the end of it... this was supposed to be against some low ranked team (according to what the media has been spewing 24/7).

The Broncos do have a good OL. They have a decent RB. Their WR group is led by Sutton but not irrelevant. Nix should've done WAY more with what was on the field. He went back to his Captain checkdown ways (which Seattle properly coached clearly sniffed out) and was DESTROYED anytime he tried to throw the ball deep, which is EXACTLY what happened in College.

Everyone (Analysts/Scouts/Coaches/GMs) graded the Nix selection poorly and as a desperation move... and DUH, here we are. The only reason the Broncos were anywhere in that game was their defense.
No, he wasn't good but he wasn't entirely godawful either. It's a rookie in a hostile environment facing a difficult defensive scheme. Of course, he made some bad throws but the pick by Love wasn't one. That was just a great break by the defender. And their Oline wasn't really making holes consistently for the running game. And Bolles going out hurt them but they weren't doing much in the run game. Our guys had good gap integrity most of the game.
I was way down on Nix coming out of college but his toughness kinda impressed me yesterday and I think he will be okay. It's way too early but Denver doesn't have a lot of weapons that are household names. Sutton's pretty good and Reynolds will make the odd play but the WR group is pretty average Nix had a far better debut than Williams or Daniels did, imo. Payton having him drop back 42 times? That ain't a good recipe for success.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he wasn't good but he wasn't entirely godawful either. It's a rookie in a hostile environment facing a difficult defensive scheme. Of course, he made some bad throws but the pick by Love wasn't one. That was just a great break by the defender. And their Oline wasn't really making holes consistently for the running game. And Bolles going out hurt them but they weren't doing much in the run game. Our guys had good gap integrity most of the game.
I was way down on Nix coming out of college but his toughness kinda impressed me yesterday and I think he will be okay. It's way too early but Denver doesn't have a lot of weapons that are household names. Sutton's pretty good and Reynolds will make the odd play but the WR group is pretty average Nix had a far better debut than Williams or Daniels did, imo. Payton having him drop back 42 times? That ain't a good recipe for success.

I'm sorry Dr. but what the hell game did you watch? Nix was absolutely horrible and FAR from what you'd expect a 1st round (top 15) QB to be. In fact all the top 1st round QBs sucked ass... maybe with exception of Daniels who at least made things happen on the ground..

That said, Nix wasn't that far off from a 4 INT game, < 100 yard game (yah he FINALLY turned it on with his legs when Seattle stopped caring in garbage time after their shit O basically gave Denver the game).

Denver doesn't have a lot of weapons? They have a pretty damn good OL, and RB at least. And thanks to Seattle they were put in every position possible to do shit.. whatever, I will agree (and just agree with me, we'll save a lot of time and banter) Sean Payton is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history and they have that clown coaching him... so it's what it is.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Legion of Whom?

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills fans got a nice win from Josh Allen and the offense. They are still good. Happy for them.

At the same time, I noticed Stefon Diggs contributed 2 TDs for the Texans. People really piled up on him at the end of last season but the guy seems to know how to be in the right place at the right time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers currently have the 2nd ranked defense

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,634.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are SB bound :suds:

too early?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please find a way to void DW's contract and release him. :hope:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers currently have the 2nd ranked defense
Chargers and Seahawks, those perennial defensive powerhouses.

whatever

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers and Seahawks, those perennial defensive powerhouses.

whatever
Lol, very true but here's where maybe, just maybe, coaching matters. Both teams do have some talent on that side of the ball. Their defenses should never have been as bad as they were the last few years.