• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 overreaction Thread

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've never thought in a million years the Pats would win that game. Whoever bet on the Pats due to pure homerism is probably rolling in cash. And then will promptly lose it all next week...
I think every bettor should check out @mrschaney 's Bengals predictions and re-adjust their strategy accordingly. She has the gift, ya know.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude can you please just let us have one nice day, in peace?

Hehe. Maybe Bryce Young can be good if he's not in Carolina. That said, I checked the Niners schedule last night to see if the Panthers are on it. I'm very pissed that the Niners don't get the extra bye week of playing the Panthers this season.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to bench Daniel Jones.

I thought it was fake when I read about it, but since signing his big extension in March 2023, Jones has thrown more TD's for the opponent than for the Giants.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehe. Maybe Bryce Young can be good if he's not in Carolina. That said, I checked the Niners schedule last night to see if the Panthers are on it. I'm very pissed that the Niners don't get the extra bye week of playing the Panthers this season.

The Jets will demolish you. There I said it.. I haven't talked shit to a 49er fan all year......

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Cardinals get the gift of the Panthers out of our division. Panthers are in for yet another long season, it appears. I feel bad for the players and coaches but for the owner it's karma and I have no sympathy. The dude is a douchebag by most accounts.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Cardinals get the gift of the Panthers out of our division. Panthers are in for yet another long season, it appears. I feel bad for the players and coaches but for the owner it's karma and I have no sympathy. The dude is a douchebag by most accounts.

From reports (and that's as credible about my rusty bicycle in the garage) I saw/heard the Panthers coaches wanted Stroud but Tepper wanted Young.

Yah that's a BIG woops if true.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reports (and that's as credible about my rusty bicycle in the garage) I saw/heard the Panthers coaches wanted Stroud but Tepper wanted Young.

Yah that's a BIG woops if true.
As good as Stroud turned out, I'm not sure that team has anything that would have made a huge difference. I think you and I both agreed that Young was an iffy pick last year though. He was put into an absolutely horrible situation though and with teams like that, the stink rolls down from ownership. It's hard to overcome it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Stroud turned out, I'm not sure that team has anything that would have made a huge difference. I think you and I both agreed that Young was an iffy pick last year though. He was put into an absolutely horrible situation though and with teams like that, the stink rolls down from ownership. It's hard to overcome it.

Stroud certainly went into a better situation, but I called Young a bust from day 1... the midget 2.0 (although Murray did look decent last Sunday) is not gonna do a damn thing and everyone without a head growing out their ass knew it. Almost 40 sacks behind one of the better OLs in the Country IN COLLEGE!? WTF?

And Dr. I don't appreciate you questioning me like this in front of everyone. What you and I share in the bedroom is private and for you to mention our iffy agreement and then say he was put in a horrible situation like it didn't mean anything... HOW DARE YOU. I'm leaving.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud certainly went into a better situation, but I called Young a bust from day 1... the midget 2.0 (although Murray did look decent last Sunday) is not gonna do a damn thing and everyone without a head growing out their ass knew it. Almost 40 sacks behind one of the better OLs in the Country IN COLLEGE!? WTF?

And Dr. I don't appreciate you questioning me like this in front of everyone. What you and I share in the bedroom is private and for you to mention our iffy agreement and then say he was put in a horrible situation like it didn't mean anything... HOW DARE YOU. I'm leaving.
Ya fucking nut, lmao.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady will go down as the GOAT of QB's but the WOAT for announcers.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest overreaction I’m seeing people having is those calling for Jameis Winston to replace Deshaun - have they forgotten what a turnover machine Winston is?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest overreaction I’m seeing people having is those calling for Jameis Winston to replace Deshaun - have they forgotten what a turnover machine Winston is?
So the Browns have two turnover machines

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point the Browns could replace Watson with a food processor unit from 1975 and I'd be more optimistic about their chances to win. Or maybe they can sign that QB from Tampa... some sort of Baking product?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,580.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point the Browns could replace Watson with a food processor unit from 1975 and I'd be more optimistic about their chances to win. Or maybe they can sign that QB from Tampa... some sort of Baking product?
you know Baker is probably smiling on the inside.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know Baker is probably smiling on the inside.
I liked Baker. He was a competitior but he is never winning a SB so I guess this is just a huge circle jerk for Cleveland.

Ahh fuck it. Watson is up for it

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not an overreaction: the Panthers are fooked
I am starting to lose faith in my staunch support of Young. He still lacks talent around him, but at a certain point he still has to show improvement somewhere.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos fans on social media acting like Nix had the worst debut in history is pretty laughable. Some of them even comparing him to Zach wilson already, lol. Of course, most of them likely weren't around in '83.