• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1 - Eagles @ Falcons

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip's instinct was to go for it, and he should have done it. I would be working out kickers this week, Parkey has been shaky all preseason and it continues.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call to kick it was 100% the correct call.

You cannot gamble there and lose. You might never get the ball back while trailing.

it is painful...it is agonizing...it kills a coach to do it...

But, you have to take the FG attempt. 100/100 times.

NFL kickers are paid to make 43 yard field goals. I dont care if he was rushed.

They have one job. They spend all week planning for rushed kicks over and over.

Indoors, you make the kick. PERIOD.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can i dig up all the other posts from last 10 years of people saying. "Its early"

Lol.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Chip but his deer in headlights look I did not like. He had no clue what to do there kick it or go for it. The media asked him 20 times in preseason about Parkey and his problems and Chip was all smug with them like "HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME" well they had just cause. Chip really shit the bed tonight....I'm not gonna hate on the guy like some, but I'm very disappointed with this start.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is just not that good. Yeah he will pick you apart if you give him that cushion (5-7 yard pass). Atlanta practically went prevent Up 10 points in the 2nd half and made 1 play on Defense.

But when the rush comes and Bradford has to hurry.... :tsk:

You all have some great RBs and they will help Bradford but when the defenses start to catch up with the offenses as the year progresses, your offense is gonna get Sam killed.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that will help Sam is that the NFC east isn't looking very tough. Cowboys have no Dez. Giants can't even score on offense and Washington is a mess.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was okay. For a debut in a new offense, a new team, a new coach, and on the road MNF.

The pass protection and run blocking was pathetic for him. He was okay once he got into tempo.

The line shares most of the blame not Bradford.

Jason Peters almost singlehandedly kept Atlanta in the game...and all the silly holding calls as well downfield.

He threw for 336 yards on the road with virtually no help from the running game while being under siege all night.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was okay. For a debut in a new offense, a new team, a new coach, and on the road MNF.

The pass protection and run blocking was pathetic for him. He was okay once he got into tempo.

The line shares most of the blame not Bradford.

Jason Peters almost singlehandedly kept Atlanta in the game...and all the silly holding calls as well downfield.

He threw for 336 yards on the road with virtually no help from the running game while being under siege all night.

To me is was honestly just like watching the Rams of the previous 3-4 years but with much better RBs and more of a Mad Mike Martz philosophy of throw throw throw throw run. Chip goes pass happy and it's gonna get Sam
Killed against a good Defense.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have to say, it's only game 1 and us posters are in mid season form.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parkey supposedly had a sleeve on his leg on the flight back. This guy is still injured!

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team will be smokin come week 7. I liked what I saw the second half and once everything comes together the sky's the limit.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what I saw from our running game.

We have the best RB group in the NFL and Chip ran them just as he should of. In fact, I think he almost ran them to much and should of used the passing game a little more.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still drinking because of this effin loss

It's going to be a long day at work on Tuesday...hic

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team will be smokin come week 7. I liked what I saw the second half and once everything comes together the sky's the limit.

You're right, and I think it will be sooner than week 7. I think we were anxious, yet overconfident, going into the game, but late in the half, we started to roll. I think chip should have stayed with the running game more, but he knows what he's doing, and saw that our OL could not block anything. I'm concerned that Peters is losing it. If that's the case, then LJ better be read to move over to LT next year. that means we have to draft heavy on the OL. Also, we need to get a pass rush. Where we were last night against a mediocre (at best) OL is beyond me.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what I saw from our running game.

We have the best RB group in the NFL and Chip ran them just as he should of. In fact, I think he almost ran them to much and should of used the passing game a little more.

Seriously??????

We must have watched 2 different games.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call to kick it was 100% the correct call.

You cannot gamble there and lose. You might never get the ball back while trailing.

Absolutely. I had no doubt that it was the right call at the time. You don't even have to think about it. Take the points. Of course, when your kicker is having issues, hindsight is a tempting mistress.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutly agree here. I think they get hot before week 7.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously??????

We must have watched 2 different games.

Was being sarcastic.

Chip shit the bed on this one. No excuse to have the best backfield and not uses them. If he's gonna pass 50+ times a game we are in for a long, very long season and Bradford will be out by week 8.

This teams strength should be the running game.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take on your QB as somebody that has watched his every play for the last 4 years:
  • He's a notoriously slow starter in games. It seems like his 1st two drives never end in anything other than FG's.
  • He has a far more powerful arm than he's given credit for.
  • His confidence isn't the greatest. I'm not sure if you can attribute that to his injuries or to his soft spoken personality. He's not one to take chances.(I blame Fisherball)
  • His accuracy can be unbelievably good at times, even on deep balls.
  • Obviously, he has a long injury history
The duality of Sam Bradford was one of the most frustrating things to cope with as a Rams fan. You would see glimpses of brilliance followed by glimpses of Tony Banks. I'll admit the Rams' fault in not placing him in good situations in regards to offensive system and offensive weaponry, but I still couldn't tell you who/what he is. Good luck with him. I wish him luck, seems like a great dude.