• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

weber

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is on the market. I believe Parise shoild be too. at the least offers being listened to. Right now both of their values are the highest come trade day it will be scraps

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their two situations are different however. I'm sure Lou will have offers coming in without putting Parise on the market, so no need to show our hand and announce to the league and the player that we don't want him.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The question really is, do you think we can win the cup this year. if the answer is no, then you trade him. if the answer is yes, you need to keep him. Realistically we shouldn't even be thinking about it until Jan 1 when the Devils can actually ink Parise. With each passing day, it becomes obvious that ownership want to keep salaries low to entice a buyer.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with what Ur saying problem is I see the devils in the playoff race meaning they don't trade him. He walks free July 1st cup or no cup. On the other Hand if you wait til Jan 1st or deadline day you will get back roughly what we gave for kovalchuk. Crap d man a washed up prospect a late 1st and a kid 4 years away

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with what Ur saying problem is I see the devils in the playoff race meaning they don't trade him. He walks free July 1st cup or no cup. On the other Hand if you wait til Jan 1st or deadline day you will get back roughly what we gave for kovalchuk. Crap d man a washed up prospect a late 1st and a kid 4 years away

Do you want to win the cup or get a few extra picks for Parise?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why can't we have both. Move Parise now for some nhl level talent or legit Brandon schenn prospects. Or a

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why can't we have both. Move Parise now for some nhl level talent or legit Brandon schenn prospects. Or a

Brayden Schenn was acquired for a player signed for the majority of his career. Parise still only has one year left and whatever team he signs with can't sign him to an extension until Jan 1. Furthermore, the teams that would make the biggest push (the ones that are legit cup contenders) probably are already close to the cap and won't want to add his full $6m cap hit. Also, Brayden Schenn, isn't an NHL level talent yet. I personally subscribe to the mantra that whoever gets the single best player always wins. It happened with Thornton, Kovalchuk, heatley the first time, hossa, etc, etc.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frankly, I don't think Lou would even consider moving him until well after Jan 1, unless someone blew him away with a trade.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I don't think Lou would even consider moving him until well after Jan 1, unless someone blew him away with a trade.

He shouldn't think of moving him unless that happens. If LA or Nashville call offering Weber or Doughty willing to sign long term, I'd do it. Short of that, continue to work on a deal that he can sign January 1. They can have something in place ready to go on that date. I'm sure Lou will know long before then how negotiations are going and do the right thing. People are assuming far more than they actually know on this subject, including myself. None of us know what's going on between Lou, Parise and his agent.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. It wouldn't be a full 6 mil hit since we are taking some player in return.2. Like I said a Brandon schenn type prospect a prospect.

It's all just opinon I just want to get the most out of parise incase we do lose him