• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's shaping up to be a long weekend with this "deal", so I put son # 4 on -

{ WEBER WATCH }

- until something shakes out. :becky:

Tox this is important enough to put at least 2 kids on it where are your prorities.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure whatsup with my third favorite team pic....

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random shit...

Poile: "We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea," Predators general manager David Poile said. "Our ownership has provided us with the necessary resources to build a Stanley Cup-winning team. Due to the complexity of the offer sheet, we will take the appropriate time to review and evaluate it, and all of its ramifications, in order to make the best decision for the Predators in both the short and long-term."

The Agent: "We didn't go actively looking for an offer sheet," said Jarrett Bousquet, Weber's agent. "But when we spoke with Philadelphia, it seemed to be a right fit there."

The Agent: "I think at the point, he's really in a good situation," Bousquet said. "I think he wants to explore his options. I don't think he would sign an offer sheet unless you were hoping you were able to go to that team."

The Agent: "Things changed in Nashville July 4," Bousquet said. "The next four or five days we had to look at different options."

Flyers sign NHL free agent Shea Weber to offer sheet - NHL - SI.com

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and thanks JJ. :)

Las? I...I...I'm sorry dude. I ran out of willing kids. :L lol

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure whatsup with my third favorite team pic....

Me either. It's the Boilermakers, right?? I'll shoot a message off to Ghost (owner & big man on campus here at the SportsHoopla ) and see what's up with it.

Hang tight bro and join in anywhere here. Every poster on the Flyers board are top notch dudes. There isn't a fucking dick in the whole bunch. Seriously.

I'll let you know something when I know something.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fraking Shea Weber I get it.
Shenn and COuts are going to be superstars as well.
Lets hope Nashville just walks away

I almost think they have to. If they match, between the money for Weber/Rinne, they will barely be able to field a full roster next year .... much less a competitive one.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost think they have to. If they match, between the money for Weber/Rinne, they will barely be able to field a full roster next year .... much less a competitive one.

I'm wondering if our offer sheet has any violation with the current CBA? I just read a blog from a Preds blogger who actually came up with valid points. I hope everything is good.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if our offer sheet has any violation with the current CBA? I just read a blog from a Preds blogger who actually came up with valid points. I hope everything is good.

Hmmm .... I haven't seen anything to that effect .... can you post the blog link?

But, since he hasn't steered us wrong yet .... I have to trust that Homer covered all his bases before submitting the offer sheet.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm .... I haven't seen anything to that effect .... can you post the blog link?

But, since he hasn't steered us wrong yet .... I have to trust that Homer covered all his bases before submitting the offer sheet.

I read it hockeybuzz and the bloggers name is McCann I brlieve. He got his info from McSorley's stick or something along those lines. From reading it, it does sound like that we may have some issues. That being said, nobody has brought it to attention yet. I'm confused!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul McCann's blog states that the Flyers offer sheet violates the spirit and intent of the CBA. I think it's a reach. Nobody has even brought this up.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul McCann's blog states that the Flyers offer sheet violates the spirit and intent of the CBA. I think it's a reach. Nobody has even brought this up.

I already did over on the Devils boards. I would not have been surprised to see it rejected by the NHL. The way it is structured is set up to economically muscle out a small market team despite that team having plenty of cap space available, which is certainly against the intent of the CBA - that all teams operate under equal terms.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of signing bonuses as a way to push through guaranteed money in the event of a lockout. Again, this punishes the smaller teams.

I don't have any problem with the duration though. Fourteen years is fine, it's just the whole hahaha we have more money than you Nashville aspect that kind of hurts it for me.

That said I want Weber.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the agent is still talking. Seriously, you got the deal, now shut the hell up and get out of this discussion. You have literally no reason to be making statements to the public right now. If you want to act as a private go-between for Weber and the Predators or Flyers in the hopes of moving your client where he wants to go, you are certainly welcome to do that, but all you are doing by continuing to badmouth Nashville is souring your client's relationship if the offer is, in fact, matched.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's the key yes they can retain their captain but what would they have left? Its fruitless they're better to take on a few players and picks and move on. Hopefully its only fringe players moving from Philly! If its Mez and Read or even less.....I will literrally piss myself.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be absolutely shocked if the NHL rejected it.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Preds board

THeir isn't one post or thread on the Preds board about Weber and the offer sheet. When I went to read about it in the Tennessean online, there was no article about it until noon Thursday. I don't doubt the Preds have a solid group of good, loyal fans. But the franchise just isn't a priority down there. As evidenced by their continuously low payroll, the owner's goals have to center on finances. THey are a great run team, and good for them. But I have to think that is just phenomenal leadership, not phenomenal ownership.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either. It's the Boilermakers, right?? I'll shoot a message off to Ghost (owner & big man on campus here at the SportsHoopla ) and see what's up with it.

Hang tight bro and join in anywhere here. Every poster on the Flyers board are top notch dudes. There isn't a fucking dick in the whole bunch. Seriously.

I'll let you know something when I know something.
tnx,,,, there's always one (boilermaker as opposed to DH that is) lurking out there....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THeir isn't one post or thread on the Preds board about Weber and the offer sheet. When I went to read about it in the Tennessean online, there was no article about it until noon Thursday. I don't doubt the Preds have a solid group of good, loyal fans. But the franchise just isn't a priority down there. As evidenced by their continuously low payroll, the owner's goals have to center on finances. THey are a great run team, and good for them. But I have to think that is just phenomenal leadership, not phenomenal ownership.

I've said for years that trotts is one of the best coaches in hockey...he gets more out of his team than anyone. Even with weber and suter and a few nice FA signings they still couldn't make a cup run because in todays NHL its not enough ownership has to back the team during that time. I guess they tried but if you're weber you have to be thinking that the best chance to win has passed. Go to Philly!!!!