• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the agent is still talking. Seriously, you got the deal, now shut the hell up and get out of this discussion. You have literally no reason to be making statements to the public right now. If you want to act as a private go-between for Weber and the Predators or Flyers in the hopes of moving your client where he wants to go, you are certainly welcome to do that, but all you are doing by continuing to badmouth Nashville is souring your client's relationship if the offer is, in fact, matched.

I bet that's exactly what his agent is trying to do....put pressure on the Preds to let the poor kid go to Philly! I say keep doing it!!! : ) I believe that the preds are working over Homer for some players but ultimately they aren't holding the trigger. I'm just glad Philly made this move and not the rags or pens.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FinFan, your avatars always remain top notch.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with next year's draft being compared to the infamous 2003 draft, having 2 1sts is not a bad thing. Not to mention that they could flip future 1sts for some 1sts in next year's draft. If 2003 and 2013 are anything alike, having 3+ 1sts could have your core set for nearly two decades.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History shows that the offer sheet is in the Preds favor. Im tired of this waiting game. Fucking match it already if you are going to do it. I hate the suspense. I just cant comprehend how Nashville will pull this off? I have to think they will somehow, but how? That's a lot of coin boys. This guy has the best of both worlds. Both Philly and Nashville are nice places to live. Been there and done that. He will be so friggin wealthy that he won't know what to do with it. I want him in orange and black badly to the point I'd trade some very players to make sure he plays in Philly. I just think Nashville somehow and someway will pull it out the last minute.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History shows that the offer sheet is in the Preds favor. Im tired of this waiting game. Fucking match it already if you are going to do it. I hate the suspense. I just cant comprehend how Nashville will pull this off? I have to think they will somehow, but how? That's a lot of coin boys. This guy has the best of both worlds. Both Philly and Nashville are nice places to live. Been there and done that. He will be so friggin wealthy that he won't know what to do with it. I want him in orange and black badly to the point I'd trade some very players to make sure he plays in Philly. I just think Nashville somehow and someway will pull it out the last minute.

Exactly

Damn summa bitches

I don't need this suspense at my age.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly

Damn summa bitches

I don't need this suspense at my age.

I feel pathetic posting on a Saurday night hoping I hear some breaking news. Probably nothing. Poile is out in his office trying to crumb numbers to pull this off, meanwhile, Homer is out enjoying a cigar and some hottie by his side.What do you think the outcome will be 4th? I'd make a terrible GM because I have an issue with impulse control. If there is something I want, I get it and don't have the patience to wait it out or let things go on sale. Lol

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pathetic posting on a Saurday night hoping I hear some breaking news. Probably nothing. Poile is out in his office trying to crumb numbers to pull this off, meanwhile, Homer is out enjoying a cigar and some hottie by his side.What do you think the outcome will be 4th? I'd make a terrible GM because I have an issue with impulse control. If there is something I want, I get it and don't have the patience to wait it out or let things go on sale. Lol

I,m posting on a laptop,sitting in a Timmy's parking lot waiting between rides(designated driving service).

I honestly can't see the Preds breaking the bank and matching.What part of him visiting and talking to 5 other teams,then signing the Flyers offer sheet,does Nashville not take to understand-He wants out.

Maybe Poile is holding off till Sunday,so he can go to mass and get some devine intervention from the Lord on his situation.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I,m posting on a laptop,sitting in a Timmy's parking lot waiting between rides(designated driving service).

I honestly can't see the Preds breaking the bank and matching.What part of him visiting and talking to 5 other teams,then signing the Flyers offer sheet,does Nashville not take to understand-He wants out.

Maybe Poile is holding off till Sunday,so he can go to mass and get some devine intervention from the Lord on his situation.

I hear you. He must be ok with Nashville for life if he agreed to sign the offer sheet. Poile dropped the ball regardless, but I think he will somehow come out of this. If not, he can take over Howson's gig. I'm sure he's next on the hot seat.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Timmy's. It seems like they have them on every corner in Canada. Liquor stores and doughnut shops everywhere, especially in Hamilton. Lol

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree that he wants out. He might want to play for the Flyers more than the Preds, but I think he's okay with staying in Nashville. He wouldn't have signed a contract for life if he knew there was a chance it might stick him with a team that he doesn't want to play for.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea Weber: Preds Expected to Match Offer Sheet - Yahoo! Sports

article really has no real basis but I would not be surprise. Fuck, that is all!!!!!

I don't believe a word of that bullshit. Weber appears to want out of Nashville (you can't blame him) and the contract offer he signed is not something Nashville can stomach economically. If the Preds match, they will have to pay Weber close to $27 million over the next year (then risk having him demand a trade), plus probably another $50+ million for the rest of the team this upcoming season. That's close to $80 million for a small-market team. I just don't see it happening.

Also, you figure if money weren't a serious issue, they'd have matched this offer already. There would be no reason to wait several days. They are probably busy trying to trade some of the four 1st rounders (RFA compensation) back to Philly for players since they know they aren't going to match and they likely don't want all of the picks with no roster players in return.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to be a young gun and/or underachiever from last year on the Flyers roster. It's gotta be in your head that you may be heading to red neck hockeyville.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That article is basically what I alluded to in my last post before having even read it. He's absolutely right. I agree with every word.

Nashville is going to bluff and say they will match unless the Flyers take a couple picks back and add roster players. It will be interesting to see whether the Flyers call that bluff and send the picks or just play along with it to keep things cool between the two teams for future trades.

I'd personally rather stack our defense and not send anyone back, but maybe that's not very realistic.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe a word of that bullshit. Weber appears to want out of Nashville (you can't blame him) and the contract offer he signed is not something Nashville can stomach economically. If the Preds match, they will have to pay Weber close to $27 million over the next year (then risk having him demand a trade), plus probably another $50+ million for the rest of the team this upcoming season. That's close to $80 million for a small-market team. I just don't see it happening.

Also, you figure if money weren't a serious issue, they'd have matched this offer already. There would be no reason to wait several days. They are probably busy trying to trade some of the four 1st rounders (RFA compensation) back to Philly for players since they know they aren't going to match and they likely don't want all of the picks with no roster players in return.

I disagree on the part that Weber wants out. Why would he sign an offer sheet for the length that it is? Knowingly it is possible that he could be in Nashville for his entire career. I don't get that? Why not ask to be traded and then the Preds would have gotten a better package. I think Weber's agent has fucked the situation up with the relationship with the Preds, in our favor. Here is what I think is going to happen and how this will play out. Weber will be a Flyer, but I believe that the Preds and Flyers will have a trade in place, meaning the Flyers will get a couple of 1st round picks back. I think we lose Mezarros, Read, Voracek. Just my opinion and I'm okay with this as long as we don't lose Coots or any Schenn's. Would not be surprised to see us go after Ryan after all this gets settled.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article is basically what I alluded to in my last post before having even read it. He's absolutely right. I agree with every word.

Nashville is going to bluff and say they will match unless the Flyers take a couple picks back and add roster players. It will be interesting to see whether the Flyers call that bluff and send the picks or just play along with it to keep things cool between the two teams for future trades.

I'd personally rather stack our defense and not send anyone back, but maybe that's not very realistic.

I agree. Here's another thing, I think we should make a trade to Nashville to gets picks back. We don't need to have every GM in the league hate us and not make future deals with us. Second, we can afford to give up a couple of dmen and either Read or Voracek. We will need to shed salary. Getting draft picks is a good thing.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on the part that Weber wants out. Why would he sign an offer sheet for the length that it is? Knowingly it is possible that he could be in Nashville for his entire career. I don't get that? Why not ask to be traded and then the Preds would have gotten a better package. I think Weber's agent has fucked the situation up with the relationship with the Preds, in our favor. Here is what I think is going to happen and how this will play out. Weber will be a Flyer, but I believe that the Preds and Flyers will have a trade in place, meaning the Flyers will get a couple of 1st round picks back. I think we lose Mezarros, Read, Voracek. Just my opinion and I'm okay with this as long as we don't lose Coots or any Schenn's. Would not be surprised to see us go after Ryan after all this gets settled.

The Preds have been trying to trade him to numerous teams for awhile now, they just never got exactly what they wanted in return. That (in addition to everything I've heard and read) tells me he already told them he wants out. There's no need to make that public as his value would decrease once everyone knows he MUST be moved.

Like I said and you repeated, I think we're waiting on a trade to be finalized that involves two to three first rounders heading back to Philly while two to three starters go the other way. I don't want it to go down that way, but if it does, so be it. I'd prefer to just call their bluff and see if they actually CAN match.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Here's another thing, I think we should make a trade to Nashville to gets picks back. We don't need to have every GM in the league hate us and not make future deals with us. Second, we can afford to give up a couple of dmen and either Read or Voracek. We will need to shed salary. Getting draft picks is a good thing.

I wouldn't give up two of Meszaros, Grossmann, Coburn or L. Schenn. It wrecks our depth at a position where that is very meaningful, especially when we're losing Timonen after this coming season.