• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up boyz happy rainy Friday and welcome rolling thunder you have fianlly made to the best place in the USA and Canada( for you 4th)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 day down and 6 to go in the Webber watch each minute that goes by i get more and more excited

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at what we have. Apparently the Flyers made a trade offer that was either rejected or took too long for a response. Homer gets tired of waiting and signs Weber to a poinson pill offer sheet. Nashville does not want to see him walk for 4 late 1sts but they have a fiscal duty in which they cannot afford the contract.

They are not going to get true or near true value for Weber. They have to take as much as they can get. Nashville will tell Homer we will match unless you give us Couturier, Schenn and Schenn. Homer will not give that much and either calls their bluff or gives a decent but not great package. I think they would need a goal scorer,a defenseman and picks. I dont want to see anyone go, but I could live with either Read or Simmonds and 1 of Manning/Guss or MAB. Both Read and Simmonds had 24 and 28 goals last year. I am very skeptical thaat they can match last seasons total. We are talking about Shea Weber so as much as I would hate to see either go, I really want Weber.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at what we have. Apparently the Flyers made a trade offer that was either rejected or took too long for a response. Homer gets tired of waiting and signs Weber to a poinson pill offer sheet. Nashville does not want to see him walk for 4 late 1sts but they have a fiscal duty in which they cannot afford the contract.

They are not going to get true or near true value for Weber. They have to take as much as they can get. Nashville will tell Homer we will match unless you give us Couturier, Schenn and Schenn. Homer will not give that much and either calls their bluff or gives a decent but not great package. I think they would need a goal scorer,a defenseman and picks. I dont want to see anyone go, but I could live with either Read or Simmonds and 1 of Manning/Guss or MAB. Both Read and Simmonds had 24 and 28 goals last year. I am very skeptical thaat they can match last seasons total. We are talking about Shea Weber so as much as I would hate to see either go, I really want Weber.

I agree with what you would want to send them but we need Nashville to agree. If the match we send Homer over to beat the crap out of Poile.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they do go this route I think our offer will have to be better than that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz. What's your gut feeling of the outcome? I think you were one of the few that thought Homer and Poile had this agreement before it got to this point. Meaning that the Preds would not match, but the Flyers would trade Voracek, a dman, possibly Read for Weber.

IMO there's no way the preds just don't match.. they're either going to hold out til the end, when presumably the flyers would be 'desperate' to work out a deal to get them to not match, or they're gunna match.. that's my guess

that's what i would do if i were nashville anyway.. they cant really afford weber's contract, but even worse than that, they cant afford to lose him for no tangible help next season

flyers probably want to trade mesz, voracek, and 2 firsts.. the preds apparently want schenn, couturier, and 2 firsts.. they will either meet somewhere in between, or the preds will match.. thats my guess.

homer seems to be too committed to schenn and couturier to let either go, so i honestly think this ends up with the preds matching

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to keep Mez badly. I think it would be Read, Voracek, Shitty ( to replace TooTo) J/K. Seriously, I just don't see how Nashville can match? Not too mention a possible lockout in the horizon.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, what happens to Pronger and his contract if we get Weber? Will the league intervene and make us pay the rest of Pronger's contract off? No way would the NHL let us stash Pronger on LTIR.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to keep Mez badly. I think it would be Read, Voracek, Shitty ( to replace TooTo) J/K. Seriously, I just don't see how Nashville can match? Not too mention a possible lockout in the horizon.

He will because he will get trashed by the media and fans if he doesn't...even though it is not a smart move for the organization. Either way, I don't think Poile will survive in Nashville for much longer.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, what happens to Pronger and his contract if we get Weber? Will the league intervene and make us pay the rest of Pronger's contract off? No way would the NHL let us stash Pronger on LTIR.

I think they will.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO there's no way the preds just don't match.. they're either going to hold out til the end, when presumably the flyers would be 'desperate' to work out a deal to get them to not match, or they're gunna match.. that's my guess

that's what i would do if i were nashville anyway.. they cant really afford weber's contract, but even worse than that, they cant afford to lose him for no tangible help next season

flyers probably want to trade mesz, voracek, and 2 firsts.. the preds apparently want schenn, couturier, and 2 firsts.. they will either meet somewhere in between, or the preds will match.. thats my guess.

homer seems to be too committed to schenn and couturier to let either go, so i honestly think this ends up with the preds matching

That's the only thing I disagree with you with here. I actually think them matching and putting the organization in a horrible financial position is much worse when you look at the big picture. Just look at the mess that is the Phoenix Coyotes. When teams get under water they have the constant chatter of relocation and ownership changes, etc.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Predators will match due to the structure of the contract offer (meaning the Preds will owe Weber $27 million in just the first calender year) and the fact that Weber clearly wants the fuck OUT of Nashville ASAP!!

Why on earth would you pay a guy who doesn't even want to be there $27 million just to be able to use what's left of him (there, while his heart is elsewhere) for a year, then trade him away? I read somewhere that the Preds made less money on ticket sales for the entire previous season. How can they possibly afford it? It's easier just to clear a ton of cap space, take the picks and run with them in a full rebuild.

Homer comes out of this looking like a genius either way. He's kept Weber either on our team for the rest of his career or disgruntled in Nashville.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget was NSH needs for the floor, but I think it is about 14 mil.

If they match Weber, 6.2.

I doubt any of those filler contracts of the 6.2mil are backloaded.

Then you have Rinne's 7 year 49mil extension kicking in. According to Cap Geek, it is not front loaded, and the 7 million is 3 million more than he made last season,

So at the very least, the Preds pay Weber 26mil+6.2+Rinne's minimum 3 mil

So we are looking at NSH shelling out 35million by July 1st, 2013. From tweets I saw yesterday, that is about 10million more than what they made in ticket revenue last year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Preds can not afford to match the offer then that gives them zero leverage in a trade with us and will have to except our offer of Read Gust and 2 number 1's

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only thing I disagree with you with here. I actually think them matching and putting the organization in a horrible financial position is much worse when you look at the big picture. Just look at the mess that is the Phoenix Coyotes. When teams get under water they have the constant chatter of relocation and ownership changes, etc.

if they dont sign weber their team is going to be garbage.. and its going to be in full blown rebuilding mode (aka losing for 3+ seasons).. nashville has a solid fan-base right now, but can they hold up for 3 losing seasons, what if they pull a leafs/oilers type rebuild that lasts 5+ seasons?

there's nothing on the preds roster to go and see if weber leaves.. they will lose too much of their fanbase to bring in the revenue that they need to rebuild in a quick manner.. they'll be looking at a long rebuild because it will be entirely through the draft so that it can be a cheap team.. obviously 4 first round picks will help (total of 8), but that's still 4 years down the road

the weber signing might kill the franchise if they dont continue to improve and compete for a cup in the next 3-4 years.. but if they dont sign weber, their revenue stream takes a massive hit and probably will kill the team in 3-4 years

maybe i'm being a bit of an extremist, but if they are as precariously positioned in the market as to being worried about weber's contract crippling them, a hit to their revenue stream is going to be a big problem too

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget was NSH needs for the floor, but I think it is about 14 mil.

If they match Weber, 6.2.

I doubt any of those filler contracts of the 6.2mil are backloaded.

Then you have Rinne's 7 year 49mil extension kicking in. According to Cap Geek, it is not front loaded, and the 7 million is 3 million more than he made last season,

So at the very least, the Preds pay Weber 26mil+6.2+Rinne's minimum 3 mil

So we are looking at NSH shelling out 35million by July 1st, 2013. From tweets I saw yesterday, that is about 10million more than what they made in ticket revenue last year.

Exactly. I don't think Nashville can afford Weber anymore due to the expertise with which Homer built up his new contract (heavily front-loaded).

This is a case of Homer getting frustrated with the whole trade process going nowhere and deciding to just outmuscle the Preds by offering Weber one last massive, front-loaded contract before the end of the current CBA, instantaneously forcing Nashville between a rock and a hard place. Meanwhile, Weber would've been out of his mind to not sign the offer sheet as Nashville wasn't going to offer near that much and time is running out.

Fuck em, they did it to themselves by letting it get to this point with both Weber and Suter. They should've paid them their money a lot earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will because he will get trashed by the media and fans if he doesn't...even though it is not a smart move for the organization. Either way, I don't think Poile will survive in Nashville for much longer.

IMO I think Poile's time in Nashville will be history after this. Kind of feel bad for the guy. He's in a no win situation. Nashville knows that they can't swing this, like awaz said, it's a game of stalling and wait for the last possible second to see if they can work out a trade to get something out of it. Either way, I think Poile is history.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they dont sign weber their team is going to be garbage.. and its going to be in full blown rebuilding mode (aka losing for 3+ seasons).. nashville has a solid fan-base right now, but can they hold up for 3 losing seasons, what if they pull a leafs/oilers type rebuild that lasts 5+ seasons?

there's nothing on the preds roster to go and see if weber leaves.. they will lose too much of their fanbase to bring in the revenue that they need to rebuild in a quick manner.. they'll be looking at a long rebuild because it will be entirely through the draft so that it can be a cheap team.. obviously 4 first round picks will help (total of 8), but that's still 4 years down the road

the weber signing might kill the franchise if they dont continue to improve and compete for a cup in the next 3-4 years.. but if they dont sign weber, their revenue stream takes a massive hit and probably will kill the team in 3-4 years

maybe i'm being a bit of an extremist, but if they are as precariously positioned in the market as to being worried about weber's contract crippling them, a hit to their revenue stream is going to be a big problem too

Yeah, that's why I think that no matter how you slice it Nashville is straight up screwed. Poile will be gone soon.