• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The preds will match the offer, so essentially, the only way he will be a Flyer is if they make a trade, which wont happen either.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the sound of his agent weber wants out as it looks like the preds are semi rebuilding after losing suter. Preds had their best shot last year and crashed. When you look at the flyers they are a solid dman away from being very good for a long time. Its a perfect match and exactly what I have been asking for the past month. I just didn't expect weber now! Either way its win win. Crossing fingers that they don't have to give up coots. Love to see him shut down malkin for a decade or so haha!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The preds will match the offer, so essentially, the only way he will be a Flyer is if they make a trade, which wont happen either.

I agree that a trade will most likely have to happen but weber wants out so its possible. Preds just need someone back but it is weber you have to pay for quality and he's worth every penny. Hopefully they're cool with a player and picks maybe read or Jake a dman would do it with even 3 firsts?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere on here I read that Weber had visited SksteZone a couple of weeks ago and liked the tradition and history of the Flyers. I'm not sure how reliable the source is or was, but it seems that this was in the works for some time.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the big deal?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Bill Meltzer's blogs. This dude always seems to be spot on with the Flyers inside. Today he was just breaking down the Weber offer into perspective. Like dome of you stated, Poile and Homer are very close friends, meaning this was NOT a dick move on Homer's part. I think Bill nailed it on the head by saying that the Flyers are not trying to cripple Nashville financially, but they covet Weber and will do what it takes to get him at any cost. In this case we don't lose anyone via trade YET. We get Weber, now we deal with Nashville and give them NHL ready players. We can give them MAB, Read, or whomever to get picks back. Not sure if I made this clear or not? Just read the Buzz.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I'm reading and watching on tv I kind of think the pressure will be too great for Nashville and they will have no choice but to match the offer. Ultimately, I think that by doing that they will cripple their organization in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get Weber!!!! I just don't want to get my hopes up

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I'm reading and watching on tv I kind of think the pressure will be too great for Nashville and they will have no choice but to match the offer. Ultimately, I think that by doing that they will cripple their organization in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get Weber!!!! I just don't want to get my hopes up

That is a reasonable and mature way to view the situation.

You can turn in your Flyer fan card at the door; you are no longer welcome here.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can turn in your Flyer fan card at the door; you are no longer welcome here.

:) Trust me...I reeeaaally hope that I am wrong.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) Trust me...I reeeaaally hope that I am wrong.

Too late. You are dead to me.

Dead_to_Me_medium.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz. What's your gut feeling of the outcome? I think you were one of the few that thought Homer and Poile had this agreement before it got to this point. Meaning that the Preds would not match, but the Flyers would trade Voracek, a dman, possibly Read for Weber.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I keep hearing is that Poile wants Coots and Schenn and two firsts but we know that's not happening.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Homer offered Poile an Asst GM spot for the Flyers when this fiasco ends? Poile is screwed in so many ways. Check Mate! I just cannot see how Nashville can match? They are not making money. If they match, they will probably lose money for years. Not really a good business move. Don't match and I'm sure Homer will trade players on our roster who are NHL ready ( Voracek, MAB, and whomever) to Nashville for picks back.