• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone put webber on the banner up top as a good luck charm.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want both fuck them have fun trying to pay that 100 million

It's just their starting point. Poile has to get as much as possible so that the Preds don't lose all of their fanbase. Kinda like Columbus and Nash.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone put webber on the banner up top as a good luck charm.

if i were at home, and had graphics skills.. you would current be viewing the gnome doing the squirrel look over the shoulder in disgust thing.. but as i'm not, and i dont, you have just read what would be funny if it were a gif

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were at home, and had graphics skills.. you would current be viewing the gnome doing the squirrel look over the shoulder in disgust thing.. but as i'm not, and i dont, you have just read what would be funny if it were a gif

hahahahahaha this made me spit out my soda!

Rolling Thunder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's up guys...first post. I agree with ProppRules, there has to be more to this. I haven't seen anyone speculate about this yet but maybe Nashville wanted the offer to save a little face with their fans. Maybe they knew they couldn't sign Weber and trading him would upset the fanbase so the Flyers sign him to the offer sheet we did and Pred management can say "hey, we are small market, we can't afford that". As hurt as Preds fans may be, I'm sure most believe they cant realistically match so they don't begrudge Preds ownership. Just a thought.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up guys...first post. I agree with ProppRules, there has to be more to this. I haven't seen anyone speculate about this yet but maybe Nashville wanted the offer to save a little face with their fans. Maybe they knew they couldn't sign Weber and trading him would upset the fanbase so the Flyers sign him to the offer sheet we did and Pred management can say "hey, we are small market, we can't afford that". As hurt as Preds fans may be, I'm sure most believe they cant realistically match so they don't begrudge Preds ownership. Just a thought.

Good post for your first one.

Could be somewhat true. Homer and Poille are close friends so..

Keep posting and welcome to the Flyers board

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No posts involved here-nothing but net.
Welcome to the best board on the site.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post for your first one.

Could be somewhat true. Homer and Poille are close friends so..

Keep posting and welcome to the Flyers board

Ha, do you think Poile and Homer will be close friends after this outcome? Either way, this could cripple the Nashville franchise any way you slice it. If they match, they won't be able to afford anyone else. If they trade after one year, they lose a shitload if $27 million. If the Flyers get him outright w/o matching, big fucking deal it's 4 late 1st rounders. We have enough youth to survive this. The question is, can the Preds survive? Fans will boycott the games I'm sure.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Leed‏@D_LEED

Philadelphia made $52-million in ticket revenue last REGULAR season. Nashville $26-mil.

The finance guys over in Nashville must be cramming some serious numbers right now...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, do you think Poile and Homer will be close friends after this outcome? Either way, this could cripple the Nashville franchise any way you slice it. If they match, they won't be able to afford anyone else. If they trade after one year, they lose a shitload if $27 million. If the Flyers get him outright w/o matching, big fucking deal it's 4 late 1st rounders. We have enough youth to survive this. The question is, can the Preds survive? Fans will boycott the games I'm sure.

As I mentioned earlier this works out well for all involved as poile can save face by saying he did his best but the dirty Flyers made it financially impossible for them to match. If anything the Flyers may have to give them a player or two otherwise that may not be enough to fly. I'd hate to see any of the young guys go but heck its Weber!!!!!!!!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trade for Weber

I will go on record stating I love the signing if thats what it is.

In no way do I think the Flyers trade Shenn or Couts. Doing so would be a massive mistake.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

great post.. stick around man, we got a good group on here.. its a little busier than normal today, but most days you'll find people in here arguing about stuff that may or may not have any relevance to the flyers at all

check out the NHL general board too, lots of great info on there. i've learned most of what i know about the cap from guys over there

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The finance guys over in Nashville must be cramming some serious numbers right now...

Exactly

Tough as hell to pay out all your gate revenue into one player.Where do they get the money for next years payroll?

There is a good reason they are at the cap floor and have about 29 mil in space.Low revenues

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great post.. stick around man, we got a good group on here.. its a little busier than normal today, but most days you'll find people in here arguing about stuff that may or may not have any relevance to the flyers at all

check out the NHL general board too, lots of great info on there. i've learned most of what i know about the cap from guys over there

my dad had that talk with me when I was in 9th grade

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go on record stating I love the signing if thats what it is.

In no way do I think the Flyers trade Shenn or Couts. Doing so would be a massive mistake.

I would trade one of them but not both. I'd prefer to trade neither but if it came down to it I would...because it's freaking Shea Weber!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd probably cry if it took couturier or schenn, and i'd actually probably shed a tear if it were coburn too (for some reason i love this guy these days, really think he's got a great future)..

but its shea freakin weber.