• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weakest division(s) in the AFC?

What is the weakest division in the AFC Conference?

• AFC EAST

• AFC SOUTH

• AFC WEST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a thread about with his power rankings yesterday. He has KC ranked 4th and Denver 9th. The other notable teams were Ravens 1st, NE 5th, Steelers 8th, Indy 11th and Cincy 12th.

He's a very smart man.

Sounds brilliant.....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a thread about with his power rankings yesterday. He has KC ranked 4th and Denver 9th. The other notable teams were Ravens 1st, NE 5th, Steelers 8th, Indy 11th and Cincy 12th.

He's a very smart man.

The kiss of death. Baltimore doesn't make the playoffs.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kiss of death. Baltimore doesn't make the playoffs.

The Ravens are so freakin' good that the Super Bowl is their halftime show...

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No option for the AFCN? Despite their records (artificially inflated by powderpuff schedules last year) they all made quick exits in the playoffs when facing non AFCN opponents.
^lol... Yet most agree it remains the strongest division.

Remind me again when any other AFC east team made it to the playoffs besides NE?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Peter King has 3 AFCN teams in his top 12 teams in the entire league, so I guess that settles this. AFCW next with 2. AFCE with 1 highly ranked team. AFCS last with 1 team barely cracking the top 12.

Don't make me post that article again...
It's easy to see right?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, nothing of course, but that could change in a hurry if those young DEFs develop and they at least stabilize the OFC.

And I won't argue too hard against the N being tops, just saying if wasn't a trolling he'd have listed all FOUR divisions.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but you did give them fodder by not including the AFCN in the poll.

I think u will agree we haven't been chatting about deflategate. To that I say mission accomplished.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I won't argue too hard against the N being tops, just saying if wasn't a trolling he'd have listed all FOUR divisions.
Partial trolling. Wanted to know hat people think and turn a half screw and not talk about deflategate.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Peter King has 3 AFCN teams in his top 12 teams in the entire league, so I guess that settles this. AFCW next with 2. AFCE with 1 highly ranked team. AFCS last with 1 team barely cracking the top 12.

Don't make me post that article again...

What you meant to say was "He is a smart man when he agrees with me." Peter King has been known in the past that he writes his articles to bring about the most clicks. Heck last year he predicted the Broncos being in the Super Bowl and just about every Bronco fan was ticked as we knew that was the kiss of death if Peter King was saying it.

Also the fact that you are using Power Rankings to try and prove your point should be a sign to you how stupid it is to be trying to make this argument right now. What happened last year has very little bearing on what will happen this year. There will be some bottom dweller from last year that will find a way into the playoffs and there will be some top team that everybody thinks is a Super Bowl favorite that is picking top-10. I mean look at last year as everybody thought New Orleans was going to be one of the few teams that could compete with Seattle for the NFC Crown. Then they go and don't make the playoffs while playing in the worst division in NFL history.

At this point we don't know what injuries will happen. Big Ben has been hurt before same with Suggs and Dumervil for your team. All of them are getting a little more up in age. There are just so many variables right now that to say the AFC North is without a doubt the best in the AFC is just ridiculous. I could make a case for pretty much every division in the AFC except the South. And maybe the South is stronger than people think considering they have two young quarterbacks that could prove to be something special. If that happens then the AFC South could easily become one of the tougher divisions if they have 3 really good QB's.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you meant to say was "He is a smart man when he agrees with me." Peter King has been known in the past that he writes his articles to bring about the most clicks. Heck last year he predicted the Broncos being in the Super Bowl and just about every Bronco fan was ticked as we knew that was the kiss of death if Peter King was saying it.

Also the fact that you are using Power Rankings to try and prove your point should be a sign to you how stupid it is to be trying to make this argument right now. What happened last year has very little bearing on what will happen this year. There will be some bottom dweller from last year that will find a way into the playoffs and there will be some top team that everybody thinks is a Super Bowl favorite that is picking top-10. I mean look at last year as everybody thought New Orleans was going to be one of the few teams that could compete with Seattle for the NFC Crown. Then they go and don't make the playoffs while playing in the worst division in NFL history.

At this point we don't know what injuries will happen. Big Ben has been hurt before same with Suggs and Dumervil for your team. All of them are getting a little more up in age. There are just so many variables right now that to say the AFC North is without a doubt the best in the AFC is just ridiculous. I could make a case for pretty much every division in the AFC except the South. And maybe the South is stronger than people think considering they have two young quarterbacks that could prove to be something special. If that happens then the AFC South could easily become one of the tougher divisions if they have 3 really good QB's.

It's better then talking about "you know who deflating you know what"....then I ask by division is better then the AFCN and why? Just a question.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCN is mediocre - not the worst and definitely not the best. Their record in the playoffs and regular season bore this out last year.

They went 3-5 against the AFCE/AFCW in the regular season. 1-3 against the AFCE

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's better then talking about "you know who deflating you know what"....then I ask by division is better then the AFCN and why? Just a question.

Well I said earlier looking at the AFC West they have 4 established QB's now for this upcoming season. Only division that has the ability to say that in the AFC. They also have 4 very seasoned coaches that have all had winning seasons. Over the past 2 years only one division can brag about having 3 teams have winning records. So consistency should show that no matter the easiness or difficulty of the schedule these teams have some major talent. Point differential, which is usually a better showing of how good or bad a team really is compared to actual record and carries more from season to season, shows that the AFC West has 2 of the top 5 with no other division boasting more than one. I could go on but again the AFC West has a very strong argument to say they are the best in the AFC.

The AFC East we can look at the fact that they were some of the biggest spenders in FA. Now yes spending big in FA doesn't always correlate with wins but it does show the teams are working very hard to improve. QB is the biggest issue in the Division though. I could say though that the AFC East has maybe 3 of the top-5 Front 7's in all of football. And that is with New England the best team in the division not being among those. So defensive wise I could argue the AFC East has the best defense top to bottom of any division in football.

Now with the AFC North arguments against it...Baltimore just lost their OC that helped them produce one of their best offenses in a long time. Throw in then now having to bring in a lot of new pieces and expect a lot from some rookies to make it work. Any time you have to depend on rookies to produce is when you are just asking for trouble. Throw in then defensively a lot of their top players have had some major injuries in the last few years. To expect that unit to stay healthy is unrealistic. Depth wise they are very unknown.

For Pittsburgh the defense is a complete unknown with switching DC's for the first time in I don't know how many years. They also lost a lot of experience so they are depending a lot on some young guys to really step in and produce.

Cincinnati has Dalton. Do I need to say much more? If so then Marvin Lewis. If you need more then while they have been a decent team they haven't been a great team.

Cleveland all we need to look at is the QB position to know this year could be a real struggle.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure most people can see that my posts aren't really serious. Just to be clear...I also don't actually believe that the Super Bowl is the Ravens' halftime show.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One also has to wonder how Marvin Lewis keeps his job. Mike Smith at least won 1 playoff game.

Yep...for the same reason Dalton keeps his imo...FO comfy with the status quo I guess. I know many guys on this DB in the Cincy folder are at wits end with Dalton and to a lessor degree Lewis.

Smitty had a better QB imo, but the situations are eerily similar. With the new stadium coming out of ground here and PSLs to be sold...Blank really had no choice.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, if you already have it figured out why make a pole? Just come out with your troll remark and say what you want.
Probably because he likes the pole:noidea::nod: