• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WE WUZ FUCKING ROBBED!!

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the tip so much as that it happened on Gostkowski's game tying field goal, it happened in previous games, etc. Remember this is a brand new rule, never called before. If you're going to emphasize it, emphasize it. Right now it really looks like selective enforcement.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the tip so much as that it happened on Gostkowski's game tying field goal, it happened in previous games, etc. Remember this is a brand new rule, never called before. If you're going to emphasize it, emphasize it. Right now it really looks like selective enforcement.

Huh? I don't think anyone is trying to emphasize it at all, and I don't know that it's selective enforcement. The refs probably hadn't thought much about until it was pointed out to them by Rex. As you said it's a new rule so the refs are not acustom to making the call. The fact that Rex may have pointed it out meant the refs were fully aware it might occur. Smart move on the part of the Jets.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that Rob told Rex about this and Rex told the officials. So yes it was brought to their attentions. I would like to see all the other FG before that one and see if NE did the same thing. If they did and it was not called, we have a problem.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a player safety issue.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link please I never saw it, and even if you did ;) refs are not going to catch every call every time. None of which negates the fact it is a rule, it is a penalty, it should and did get called, and it cost us the game. This is all on the Patriots not the refs. Pats had first possesion did nothing then allowed the Jets to drive down field, then committed a penalty, albeit a stupid penalty but a penalty none the less.

Agreed, I had no idea that rule existed until yesterday. When they asked Pereia (SP?) about it he agreed it was the correct call.

I agree with both of these. Yes, if the patriots did it when they were aware the rule had been added they are to blame. But if this has happened reasonably consistently this season and not been called I do not like the first time changing a game winning score.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Jets have a history of calling the league office before they play NE and tell them to watch out for this. First the cameras, then last yr they called and told the league that NE was making illegal substitutions when doing the no huddle, and now this...I guess you do what ya have to win.

Also the Ravens did this last week vs Mia, and they admit it. Mia sent a letter to the NFL asking for them to call this more. So I guess it happens a lot more than we think, just a matter of having it brought to the attention of the Refs.