• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We may not have Chris Harris for much longer

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the chances of us taking a CB sometime within the first 3 rounds just shot up quite a bit.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade him to the seahawks

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been going on for a while. He wants his new contract and Elway said not not until after the draft.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Elway's presser yesterday, he also made a couple of jabs that I thought were unnecessary and arguably pissed CHJ off. He said, we'll talk about it after the draft. Then he followed up by saying, I said we'll talk about it but that doesn't mean we're going to do anything. He later praised the players that were at voluntary camp working on their skills but admitted that it was voluntary. Again, a slight jab at CHJ. Lastly, Elway said "we'll see what they want, after the draft", referring to CHJ and his agent. I think the Broncos are pretty clear what they want. Again to me, this all seemed kinda disrespectful and unnecessary toward one of the truly loyal Broncos. I'm probably over-reacting. Maybe it's all part of the Elway strategy. I just hate seeing a beloved and important player like CHJ at odds with the organization.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to present another viewpoint here, doesn’t mean I 100% believe everything, but it is something to think about.

What if the reason CHJ is so adamant about getting a new contract is because he knows he’s a 30-year-old CB coming off a major injury and wants to get locked up into a big money deal before people realize he might have lost a step. And Elway isn’t stupid, he knows giving a 15+ million deal to a guy when you’re unsure he’s going to remain at an elite level is a huge gamble. Maybe Elway doesn’t want to screw the Broncos cap in the future when he isn’t sure if CHJ will be worth it, before the injury absolutely, after? No one knows.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Chris wants 15 million a year, but we may not have the cap space to allow that. I do not think 15 million a year is a good gamble for the team unless a fair amount of the contract is based on incentives. Not ideal for the player, but the team has to project themselves too. Chris might have to make decision between being a Bronco and getting the money he wants.

Don't get me wrong I want Chris to be a Bronco for the rest of his career, but it doesn't make sense to handcuff the team. I would be good with something like:
4 years - 42 million
2020 - 12 million with 12 million guaranteed.
2021 - 7 million with 7 million guaranteed 5 million in incentives.
2022 - 5 million with with million 5 million in incentives
2023 - 3 million with with million 5 million in incentives

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with MH64. Still don’t know why you have to diss him in public.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with MH64. Still don’t know why you have to diss him in public.

I don't think Elway dissed him, I think he's tired of being asked the same question after he already gave his answer. I mean how many times does Elway have to say "we going to address it after the draft" before people stop hounding him with questions of why doesn't Harris have a new contract yet. If the Broncos want to focus on the draft and deal with CHJ after I don't get why the media and some fans don't understand that and keep bringing it up.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Chris wants 15 million a year, but we may not have the cap space to allow that. I do not think 15 million a year is a good gamble for the team unless a fair amount of the contract is based on incentives. Not ideal for the player, but the team has to project themselves too. Chris might have to make decision between being a Bronco and getting the money he wants.

Don't get me wrong I want Chris to be a Bronco for the rest of his career, but it doesn't make sense to handcuff the team. I would be good with something like:
4 years - 42 million
2020 - 12 million with 12 million guaranteed.
2021 - 7 million with 7 million guaranteed 5 million in incentives.
2022 - 5 million with with million 5 million in incentives
2023 - 3 million with with million 5 million in incentives
So you are saying that Kareem Jackson is a much better CB than CHJ? We just gave Jackson $33MM for three years and you are wanting to pay our top CB considerably less?

I’m quite sure exactly where CHJ’s agent would tell Elway where to shove it.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying that Kareem Jackson is a much better CB than CHJ? We just gave Jackson $33MM for three years and you are wanting to pay our top CB considerably less?

I’m quite sure exactly where CHJ’s agent would tell Elway where to shove it.

I was just throwing some numbers out. My guess is Jackson is cut after 2 years and so it would be a 2 year 23 million dollar deal.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major injury? He broke his leg and still played in the Pro Bowl.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major injury? He broke his leg and still played in the Pro Bowl.

You mean against people going at half speed for a full game? There’s a big different between taking it easy in the Pro Bowl and facing a regular season team. Broken legs are no joke, he may never get back to the elite level he once was.

Not saying it’s guaranteed but people have to be open to the idea that he won’t be the same player he once was.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean against people going at half speed for a full game? There’s a big different between taking it easy in the Pro Bowl and facing a regular season team. Broken legs are no joke, he may never get back to the elite level he once was.

Not saying it’s guaranteed but people have to be open to the idea that he won’t be the same player he once was.

It was a lower leg injury, and a clean break. It's not a compound fracture of the femur.

Also, the reports were that IF we made the playoffs, he could likely have played. There's no injury to be concerned with. It's not an Achilles tear.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury was very minor. You don’t play in a pro bowl after a serious injury. Come on now! Clean breaks aren’t serious. They just suck!

We didn’t even place him on IR until we were officially eliminated otherwise he was gonna play.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what Rencek said.

Denver Broncos @ChrisHarrisJr's camp did not receive permission from team to talk to other teams about trade. Elway wants to talk w Harris after draft. Harris has made clear wants to be paid slightly more than Josh Norman. Can the sides bridge the gap?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris will at least play this year - he won't sit out - he's not the type.