• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: We graduate to a two game series with the Reds here, 6/21 & 22

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed that he's pitching below market value... when he pitches. losing 15 months to TJ kind of dilutes the value a little bit. but he will get paid handsomely his next contract.

regarding the media, I'm not sure how much of the spotlight he likes stateside. in Japan, yes, but I think this is a different Darvish now. Married, kids, etc. not sure how any of it would affect the Rangers ability to sign him - but I do think the Rangers make an effort to keep him.

All good and well taken points.

So much can happen with him due to his health, and so much can happen with the team as well. Lots of moving parts.

First and foremost, he's gotta get healthy.

But as far as him liking the spotlight now, I have no idea. However, with the spotlight comes another truck load of cash. There is that. ha

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good and well taken points.

So much can happen with him due to his health, and so much can happen with the team as well. Lots of moving parts.

First and foremost, he's gotta get healthy.

But as far as him liking the spotlight now, I have no idea. However, with the spotlight comes another truck load of cash. There is that. ha
Think maybe a new enclosed A/C stadium might help keep him here if $$$ are right?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a comical headline. Would have made more sense if Willie's name was left off of it.

Mariners re-sign Tom Wilhelmsen, acquire Wade LeBlanc from Blue Jays to bolster staff

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a comical headline. Would have made more sense if Willie's name was left off of it.

Mariners re-sign Tom Wilhelmsen, acquire Wade LeBlanc from Blue Jays to bolster staff
IDIOT M's:crazy:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose is some kind of monster of a pitcher.

Absolutely an incredible talent. But his reputation as a cancer-in-the-clubhouse precedes him.

I would think to get him it would start with no less than a pkg of Profar/Brinson/Tate +. Would you be willing to give up Gallo/Profar/Tate +?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all seriousness, is their BP in that bad of shape he'd be on their 25 man roster?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely an incredible talent. But his reputation as a cancer-in-the-clubhouse precedes him.

I would think to get him it would start with no less than a pkg of Profar/Brinson/Tate +. Would you be willing to give up Gallo/Profar/Tate +?

I'd do Odor/Brinson/Tate if I had the choice between Odor & Profar, would probably take another pitcher in addition to Tate I'm guessing

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think maybe a new enclosed A/C stadium might help keep him here if $$$ are right?

Is the stadium scheduled to be ready for occupancy in 2020? If that's correct, that's 3 more years outdoors.

But roof or not, the dollars is what's gonna drive the boat IMO.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was his lowest as an Angel, 21 starts, he's generally been pretty reliable for 30+ starts until he got hurt last year, otherwise he would've easily achieved the value on that contract, in the end he didn't but not b/c of performance it was health as is often the case, just b/c the team didn't perform as expected doesn't mean Wilson didn't do so

Cliff Lee would've done the same and was well on his way until his last injury, but therein lies the danger in giving that kind of contract to a pitcher of his age

Personal feelings seem to play a factor in how many people on this board think a player is actually playing it seems

Also I did say he was going to come about 20 million short of meeting expectations due to the injury, which is the value of the last year

People say they don't trust metrics but I trust them far more than some people's gut and "eye test" but that's me, I prefer to trust numbers

I just asked the question of how the contract was working out for them and since he has missed so much time at the back end of the contract, I personally don't feel like it is currently working out for them. He had some good years at the front end, as far as making his starts as you pointed out. It appears he may not pitch for them again, depending on health or what they decide to do with him. 20 mill short seems accurate. I would trade the Prince contract for CJ's though in a heartbeat.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you on that Rev. And I do hope Perez gets his stuff together. He is throwing way too many pitches in a short amount of time.

You didnt like CJ's 70 pitches in the first 3 innings at times

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll probably strike out the side next time we face him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didnt like CJ's 70 pitches in the first 3 innings at times
Ha! Nor the 35 to close a game or as our 8th inning guy. I think his control was even worse out of the pen.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure he will pitch lights out now.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically the M's acquired Martin & Bass for James Jones?

I'd rather have Bass than Ramos right about now, not that I hate Ramos, Bass just had better stuff
We should demand we get Bass back.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' A.J. Griffin: Expected to start Friday
by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
Griffin is expected to pick up a spot start Friday against the Red Sox, Ryan Posner of MLB.com reports.

Texas is in the midst of a prolonged stretch of games that has them with just one off day between June 2 and the All-Star break, as they'll be deploying Griffin for at least one start to give the rotation a break.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Jurickson Profar: Launches homer Tuesday
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Profar hit his third homer of the year Tuesday in a 1-for-4 losing effort against the Reds.

Profar got his first start of the season at second base while normal starter Rougned Odor received an off day, although Odor did pinch hit for third baseman Adrian Beltre later in the game, moving Profar over to third base. Profar has seen starts at first, second, third, shortstop, and DH since being called up on May 27. His .345 batting average has been a major reason why, as the Rangers have tried to find different ways to keep his bat in the lineup.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Kyle Kubitza: Acquired by Texas on Tuesday
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Kubitza was acquired by the Rangers on Tuesday and sent to Triple-A Round Rock, Rangers VP of Comm. John Blake reports.

Kubitza had previously been with the Angels, but he'll head to the division rival's organization in exchange for cash considerations. The 25-year-old has struggled in limited big league action and was slashing just .253/.349/.366 in 54 games at Triple-A Salt Lake, so he could benefit from a change of scenery. He'll serve as organizational depth in the infield for now, but it's possible Kubitza works his way up to the big leagues before the end of the season.