• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We find out today

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is all on the line tonight, a night game, at home, against the top team in the league. The multi year champion of the B12 is coming to our house. Will WVU show up and play, or lay an egg? It looks like two fairly evenly matched teams, both have prolific offenses, capable of scoring almost at will, both have less than the steel curtain defenses.......if one defense can get a couple take aways it will be huge. Win today, and I think we can call this a special season, lose today and we are third in the league, and nothing special. I am hopeful, I see a WVU win, who knows the score, but a home game under the lights favors us, Let's Gooooo Mountaineers!!!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been awhile since I’ve gone to a game, but heading down sometime today to catch it LIVE! This is my youngests last year as a student and he wants to go to his last game as a student. Getting the layers out. Forgot it was an 8PM game but what the hell. LET’S GO.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to be pessimistic when I started the year with a ton of optimism, but our defense has no way to stop Murray and Co.

OU has the best offense we’ll have seen in Morgantown... in the history of college football teams coming to Morgantown.

I know they have zero defense. But, Will and our offense have repeatedly shown they will kill themselves with stupid plays and poor execution.

OU’s offense will keep the pressure on our offense by sustaining drives on the ground... essentially eating clock and keeping us off the field.

Will is not the most patient QB in the world. He will want to make the big play on National TV. This will feed into what OU wants him to do.

I see far too many mistakes and poor decisions by Grier tonight to keep this one close.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and the family are heading to Morgantown in a few hours. Enjoyed Thanksgiving at the in-laws in Hagerstown. 2 hour drive is a whole lot better than 7 1/2.

I’m gonna get juiced up as soon as I get to Morgantown. Hopefully... I’ll be hoarse by halftime.

I’m thinking it won’t matter...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 consecutive road wins.
All good things come to an end.

Would love to watch from the stands WVU football take that big step in the Big 12 just like watching them, from the stands,beat JoPa in 1984. They’ll have to play flawless football and Murray scares the bejeezus out of me. Cautious optimism. At least I’ll have a good time with my youngest, win or lose.

Last edited:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how crazy excited I was to see us play OU in ‘16. My boy... who’s a freshman at WVU this year... my Dad and me sat in the snow squalls waiting for the game to start. Watched the OU players stomp on the flying WV at midfield before going back into the locker room for the last time prior to kickoff. Watched our players storm back onto the field to protect the logo. State Troopers had to race onto the field to separate players.

OU proceeded to make us look foolish. 0 - 34 before we scored our first TD.

I was there in ‘14 when WVU scored late in the 2nd qtr to take a 7 pt lead going into the half. Only... it wasn’t the half. There was over a minute left to go. OU took the KO to the house to tie the game going into the half. It was the last lead WVU would ever have against OU. Gone...

Some freshman RB abused our defense in the 2nd half of the game as OU won easily that night.

I was there in ‘12 when I watched Tavon Austin take 2 running plays and turn those plays into 344 yds rushing. WVU scored 49 points and compiled almost 780 yds in a loss.

I have felt nothing but pain in MPS when watching the Sooners play in Morgantown. Nothing but pain...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back again. Can we break the streak? We have looked forward to this game all year. Both teams have played well enough to make this the biggest game of the year. Win and your in.
I have been there for the last three too and nothing but heartbreak and cold. But, this is the year. We have Grier and what may be Holgs most talented team against a beat up Oklahoma team with a defense soo bad they got the coach fired.

This is the night, this is the day that the Mounties either sink or swim. If we don’t do it tonight, Bbws boy and my girl will never get to experience a proper couch burning while attending WVU.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the night, this is the day that the Mounties either sink or swim. If we don’t do it tonight, Bbws boy and my girl will never get to experience a proper couch burning while attending WVU.
I was blessed to have been in school in the early 1980s, we burned couches for every win, listening to jack and woody call the Oklahoma game was priceless! I fully expect a win tonight, out in the woods now with my bow, hopefully celebrating a big buck and a Mountie win tonight!!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to you Poppy. Sitting in the student section as a guest of my youngest. Snuck in a Miller Lite tall boy. Flashes of my time here in the 80's. 52 minutes till kickoff. Let's get that W. LET'S GO!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th place in the conference... Not what I'd call a special year.

On a side note, what would two field goals have meant in this game?

Big Z 1990

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you're not in the Big 12 title game maybe WVU can make up the lost date with NC State by scheduling UNC or Southern Miss next Saturday

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we found out.

Fun game to watch, but the riverboat gambler came up short again. Defense was atrocious on both sides. No punts until the 4 th quarter.

Heat will be on Gibby and the 3 3 5 in the offseason. Our free agent corners were just overmatched this year. That was our Achilles heal and it bit us hard the last two games. Injuries at middle linebacker did not help the situation.

As bad as our defense was, absent two plays, Oklahoma was worse.

We were a few plays away from a special season. Two weeks ago we were in the hunt for the playoff, now were 4th in the conference. Classic WVU fold.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the defense played, we lost because Grier didn't secure the ball and take the sack, TWICE!!!! Holgorsen going for it 4th and 6 instead of the chip shot field goal, precious........

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Holgersen for going for it on 4th down, our d couldn't stop them. even if they had kicked a couple of field goals, OK would not have been taking a knee at the end of the game and nothing I saw would have convinced me that they would not have got a TD on their last possession. No surprise to me, have got accustomed to this. Would be insanity not to expect WVU football and BB to choke when the pressure is on. Those that do the same thing over and over and over again the same and expect different results are the insane fans..........

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the defense played, we lost because Grier didn't secure the ball and take the sack, TWICE!!!! Holgorsen going for it 4th and 6 instead of the chip shot field goal, precious........
The game was lost on the Simmons penalty

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was lost on the Simmons penalty
There were several different plays we could point to, the no call on the textbook targeting was huge, as the kid who should have been ejected was making plays the rest of the game.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were several different plays we could point to, the no call on the textbook targeting was huge, as the kid who should have been ejected was making plays the rest of the game.

IMHO it’s the Simmons penalty. It creates a 14 point swing. Will never gets a chance to have that second fumble.. at that point in the game it may have been enough to win it..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted Slaton after the empty possession in the first half when Sills was called for OPI and we failed to score on the 4th down play that the game was over.

Seeing how OU was having an easy time doing whatever they wanted to start the game, I knew WVU had to score on each and everyone of its possessions.

The first Grier fumble and return for a TD convinced me we would lose. Two empty possessions...

Saw last night’s outcome turning out the way it did after watching our defense get abused by Okie St.

Watching the TCU vs Okie St game. Okie St has 10 points through 3 qtrs.