• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We cant have this OL problem again next year...

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Free Agency, I go sign Mike Iupati from SF. In the draft, I pick Hroniss Grasu in rd. 1. He is a stud C, who I think can also be a stud G. Send Herremans packing.

LT Peters
LG Mathis
C Kelce
RG Iupati
RT L.Johnson

G/C Grasu
OT/G Barbre
OT/G Tobin

Would be one of the best lines in football. Probably the best. I would think that OL would absolutely just dominate. Plus an heir apparent for Mathis & very good ins. against Kelce.

Yea, I know we need DBs too, an ILB and/or another OLB. Id be trying hard to trade for Dion Jordan. Then with remaining picks go after DBs. Probably try to sign a vet CB or S. Cary, Fletch & Allen all need to go. But our Offense Line is aging and without good play there we can forget even making the playoffs. Gotta get re-enforcements.

I thinks its even possible Mathis would have to go in this scenario but Im ok with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole thing is probably a pipe dream but we gotta do something net year to make sure this doesnt happen again. Our OL needs some big time help.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need a healthy OL. We need some upgrades of course.

But 1st and foremost we need to upgrade the D...and then upgrade it some more. We already missed on the 1st rounder from last year. Can't continue doing that.

Dion Jordan will be able to be had for nothing soon probably if he keeps getting suspended.

Anyone have any info on what we might have available for $ in FA next year?

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need a healthy OL. We need some upgrades of course.

But 1st and foremost we need to upgrade the D...and then upgrade it some more. We already missed on the 1st rounder from last year. Can't continue doing that.

Dion Jordan will be able to be had for nothing soon probably if he keeps getting suspended.

Anyone have any info on what we might have available for $ in FA next year?

If we cut guys like Cole, Celek & C.Williams..we could have around 40-50m.

I agree on the D but this OL is aging man. Mathis is getting up there & Herremans, while healthy..just sucks. Kelce keeps getting hurt. At worst..I want Iupati.

Dion, hopefully will be an Eagle for say a 2nd or 3rd next year. dude keeps getting in trouble and he is NOT a DE. Smith may or may not be a bust. But it doesnt look good so far.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple, the Eagles overlooked an area they should not have. It was clear after last season that they lacked quality depth especially at OG yet they decided to bypass the OLine in the draft. Bad decision. I expect they regret that decision now.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple, the Eagles overlooked an area they should not have. It was clear after last season that they lacked quality depth especially at OG yet they decided to bypass the OLine in the draft. Bad decision. I expect they regret that decision now.

I dont think we had too many options in that draft to pick an OL that would help right away. This next draft though, I hope they do. Again..at worst I wan Iupati. A guy I wanted back when he was drafted. He is an absolute stud in the run game.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cut guys like Cole, Celek & C.Williams..we could have around 40-50m.

I agree on the D but this OL is aging man. Mathis is getting up there & Herremans, while healthy..just sucks. Kelce keeps getting hurt. At worst..I want Iupati.

Dion, hopefully will be an Eagle for say a 2nd or 3rd next year. dude keeps getting in trouble and he is NOT a DE. Smith may or may not be a bust. But it doesnt look good so far.

Damn that's a lot of $. Should be able to get whoever we want with that much. Also, have to re-up Maclin if they want him.

I'm cool goin out and getting a top notch OG (Mathis/Kelce will be fully healthy by then) to complete the OL. Depth for the OL should come a little cheaper though and later in the draft (hopefully hit on one).

I know it's to early to start lookin at FA, so not sure whats available for our needs - OL, S, CB, OLB, ILB.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to draft a T/G and G/C in rounds 2/3 and 4/5. Three getting hurt and one suspended was an anomoly and doesn't warrant panic. We could even draft one and sign one. Ultra important but manageable with little effort. There's a lot of G's out there that can play.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can you do about injuries? No way I'm drafting OLine unless we see a career ended to Peters or Johnson.

We need a DE and LBs (and a DC) from the draft and hopefully a veteran CB to replace Williams. And there better be another WR out there to replace the worthless Cooper who somehow duped this team into a new contract.

oleskool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the chippers system needs strong athletic linemen

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that's a lot of $. Should be able to get whoever we want with that much. Also, have to re-up Maclin if they want him.

I'm cool goin out and getting a top notch OG (Mathis/Kelce will be fully healthy by then) to complete the OL. Depth for the OL should come a little cheaper though and later in the draft (hopefully hit on one).

I know it's to early to start lookin at FA, so not sure whats available for our needs - OL, S, CB, OLB, ILB.

Isn't Foles due for a new contract as well? He might not demand Tom Brady/Peyton money but I can't imagine he will be asking for peanuts.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Foles due for a new contract as well? He might not demand Tom Brady/Peyton money but I can't imagine he will be asking for peanuts.

Think he might have one more year left (not positive though) and the way he's played so far this year, I'd say he's in the Kyle Orton type of $ right now (5 mill a year).

But if so him, Graham, and Thorton are the only other guys to look at I believe.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure where I came across it, but you might be a bit unfair here, on two accounts: (a) Nobody could have foreseen this rash of injuries/suspensions at the time. It is in fact ridiculous. There is no way to safeguard against that. (b) Apparently the Eagles did want to address the O-line in the draft, but every time they were drafting, the linemen they wanted were already gone. So they were left with best choice available at other useful positions, or reaching. We all know what the latter generally leads to.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Free Agency, I go sign Mike Iupati from SF. In the draft, I pick Hroniss Grasu in rd. 1. He is a stud C, who I think can also be a stud G. Send Herremans packing.

LT Peters
LG Mathis
C Kelce
RG Iupati
RT L.Johnson

G/C Grasu
OT/G Barbre
OT/G Tobin

Would be one of the best lines in football. Probably the best. I would think that OL would absolutely just dominate. Plus an heir apparent for Mathis & very good ins. against Kelce.

Yea, I know we need DBs too, an ILB and/or another OLB. Id be trying hard to trade for Dion Jordan. Then with remaining picks go after DBs. Probably try to sign a vet CB or S. Cary, Fletch & Allen all need to go. But our Offense Line is aging and without good play there we can forget even making the playoffs. Gotta get re-enforcements.

I thinks its even possible Mathis would have to go in this scenario but Im ok with that.

Exactly how do you prevent injuries? :lame:

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he might have one more year left (not positive though) and the way he's played so far this year, I'd say he's in the Kyle Orton type of $ right now (5 mill a year).

But if so him, Graham, and Thorton are the only other guys to look at I believe.

We will need minimum 10M/yr to re-sign Foles...

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they should draft a lineman if the right one gets to them, but defence must continue to be the priority in the draft... If we are going to effectively run the 3-4 we need to continue to upgrade the front seven. Oh and our lame secondary too. Jenkins has been a nice add but the overall talent is not there. I'm getting a little uneasy watching them have to rely on special teams TDs and our O scoring 30+ pts/game to bail out the D.