• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they had their 3rd player do they win this series? Short answer, no so why bother mentioning it?

Steph has a dislocated finger....but he still played just like Dame did. Neither is worth mentioning.

Because you mentioned the Warriors being banged up. But then failed to bring up that Portland isn't healthy either. And I just said that Nurkic being in the series still wouldn't have won them the series.

But it's you that's sneak dissing your own team. So do you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone here already stated, post season is more about match ups since you have to face the same team at least 4 games and in some cases through 7 games. Also at this stage some luck plays a part too. Injuries is another factor.

OKC has RW who will shoot his team right out of many games...and that worked in Portland's favor this year. Denver was tough, but IMO inexperienced in the sense of closing out games.

In case you're wondering a good team doesn't lead in 101 of a possible 184 minutes and not win ONE GAME. Seriously. Maybe you can say they're a good team on offense as they have Dame & CJ who can score, but again even that is an arguable point since they couldn't seem to really score that well in these 4 games either.

They definitely need to work on defense. It is no secret at this point what Steph & Klay need to do to score & for the team to win...yet somehow Steph kept getting wide open looks. Dray was a beast....with ZERO adjustments being made to combat him. Through all 4 games we watched him dominate the series on BOTH ends - and then heard him talk about it in the pressers after each game - and still saw no one trying to take that threat away.

I know you and others here want to give Portland a moral victory here since they made it to the conference finals...but sugar coating what GS exposed isn't going to make them better. This is the same concept as giving all participants a trophy.

Just because a team isn't as good as the Warriors, doesn't mean they aren't a good team. If that's your criteria, then the NBA comes down to the Warriors and 29 bad teams. Which kind of taints them as far as their ranking among all time great teams.

The Warriors were an already championship caliber team that had some luck with the timing on contracts that we will likely never see again that allowed them to get even better. They are on a historic run.

No need to unnecessarily disrespect other teams. Especially when it ultimately just diminishes what your own team is accomplishing.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you mentioned the Warriors being banged up. But then failed to bring up that Portland isn't healthy either. And I just said that Nurkic being in the series still wouldn't have won them the series.

Banged up as in guys who are NOT playing. SMH.

Sneak dissing? what are you 10? lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a team isn't as good as the Warriors, doesn't mean they aren't a good team. If that's your criteria, then the NBA comes down to the Warriors and 29 bad teams. Which kind of taints them as far as their ranking among all time great teams.

The Warriors were an already championship caliber team that had some luck with the timing on contracts that we will likely never see again that allowed them to get even better. They are on a historic run.

No need to unnecessarily disrespect other teams. Especially when it ultimately just diminishes what your own team is accomplishing.
Well just because I don't think Portland is a good team doesn't mean I'm disrespecting them. It means I just don't think they are a very good team. So what. You are entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't it weird the Warriors can use the injury excuse but no other teams can?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who used the injury excuse? And what for? Portland didn't even win a game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a wonderful experience when dealing with this. It's the equivalent of having a hemorrhoid, without actually having one.

But the original argument was that the Blazers are trash because they couldn't win one game against a team that was missing KD and Boogie, because they were generally banged up. Portland was without Nurkic and many thought Portland would be bounced out of the playoffs early as a result.

Portland overachieved this year given the circumstances.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I'm fully aware that I'm an asshole about 90% of the time. I just happen to be a fan of consistency in debating.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you address the first question also? Here, I'll make it bigger and bold as well.

So did Nurkic play this series or not?
[/QUOTE]

Oh shoot, he sure didn't lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just because I don't think Portland is a good team doesn't mean I'm disrespecting them. It means I just don't think they are a very good team. So what. You are entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine.

They made it to the Western Conference Finals and you said they're a bad team. Bad teams don't make the conference finals. Especially with how strong the West is.

You're entitled to your opinion and the rest of us are entitled to disagree and state why.

Last edited:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made it to the Western Conference Finals and you said they're a bad team. Bad teams don't make the conference in the finals. Especially with how strong the West is.

You're entitled to your opinion and the rest of us entitled to disagree and state why.
Exactly. But it doesn't mean I disrespected them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But it doesn't mean I disrespected them.

If you weren't disrespecting the Blazers what exactly were you saying in comment #1320?:noidea:

"But some people here would actually have you believe this Portland team was a good team."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you weren't disrespecting the Blazers what exactly were you saying in comment #1320?:noidea:

"But some people here would actually have you believe this Portland team was a good team."
Call on me......call on me.

th

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. The Warriors thought the Raptors were the Blazers but found out that's not true.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The Warriors thought the Raptors were the Blazers but found out that's not true.

Have you made your prediction for the Finals yet or are you waiting until it's over to make your decision?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you made your prediction for the Finals yet or are you waiting until it's over to make your decision?
You gotta learn to read so that you can fully participate in the discussion. Otherwise you are restricted to inane little comments like the one above that make you appear stupid.