• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has any team really done a lot of damage to the Warriors with a low post player? Maybe it's just my bias, but during this dynastic run, I don't think the low post has really been a weakness.

How many teams in the league actually have a dynamic low post player?

Philly Denver and Minnesota really. And those guys do a lot of their damage away front the post. Also, pretty sure GS has done well against all of them.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams in the league actually have a dynamic low post player?

Philly Denver and Minnesota really. And those guys do a lot of their damage away front the post. Also, pretty sure GS has done well against all of them.

Yeah, true. The game has really gone away from that. I think the Warriors would love it if the opponent wanted to focus on attacking with back to the basket basketball and working hard trying to get 2 points at a time that way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad you said this.

Totally agree.

Are you happy with the playoffs overall this year? Been some good games and some good drama even though we seem to have locked in on the likely Finals teams a couple weeks ago.

Wouldn't say I'm happy with it but I don't hate it as much as I did last year.

1st round really let me down. Once I saw how the brackets turned up, I expected a short WCF so that's fine but I really thought we would have gotten a better round 1. Hoping Toronto wins tonight so we can get some real drama in the conference finals.

Really disappointed in Indy and Utah while I thought Orlando and/or Brooklyn would have gotten to a 6th game.

But if we get a really good finals, these playoffs will go down as a solid one in my book.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe nothing big beyond locking up Dame.

This a a good team. Not realistic to think they can contend every year, but if they are able to create some 2021 cap space while keeping Dame and CJ, they could make a move at that time.

Better play from the 3 and 4 positions are a must, but it doesn't have to be a star. A 3 and D and a PJ Tucker defensive minded leader would do them wonders.

Funny that you mentioned PJ Tucker. Saw this in CBS mock NBA draft today.

TRAIL BLAZERS
Grant Williams | Tennessee | Jr | PF | 6-7

Portland's roster as currently constructed is Western Conference Finals good, but with a tweak or two, can it be NBA Finals good? Adding the No. 25 pick alone isn't likely enough -- but it's a solid start if Williams is on the board. He's a tough, physically imposing forward who won consecutive SEC Player of the Year honors in his final two seasons. He can play power forward or, potentially, center in small-ball lineups. Think a slightly taller, slightly heavier PJ Tucker with a splash of playmaking.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying that Portland couldn't take a game from GS when they weren't at full strength is disrespectful the overall talent the Warriors have. You'd think by a lot of your tonality that the Warriors were just an average playoff team who took it to a D-League team that should have been happy to be there. It's not that simple when you actually look at the teams and talent levels.
Let's remember, there were a lot of people here (and some were Dubs fans) that wrote them off once KD went down. There were even analysts that said they had no chance to even win one game without him in the Hou series.
The Warriors were more talented than the Blazers, but that doesn't mean the Blazers were bad. The Warriors are just so much more talented than everyone else in the league that you forget how good some guys actually are.
You are probably right with this point. This team has continued to deliver season after season, so much so that it's become the norm for fans.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that you mentioned PJ Tucker. Saw this in CBS mock NBA draft today.

TRAIL BLAZERS
Grant Williams | Tennessee | Jr | PF | 6-7

Portland's roster as currently constructed is Western Conference Finals good, but with a tweak or two, can it be NBA Finals good? Adding the No. 25 pick alone isn't likely enough -- but it's a solid start if Williams is on the board. He's a tough, physically imposing forward who won consecutive SEC Player of the Year honors in his final two seasons. He can play power forward or, potentially, center in small-ball lineups. Think a slightly taller, slightly heavier PJ Tucker with a splash of playmaking.

Interesting

Watched Tennessee a couple times. I know he can play.

How good is he defensively, and do you think he could guard perimeter players?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not. Dame is worth the money. It's what they do with the rest of the cap space that will determine how the franchise holds up. They have a lot of money currently committed to fringe guys like Aminu, Leonard, Harkless, and Evan Turner. Those guys combined had a salary of about 46M this season. Get those guys off the books and you can surround Dame and CJ with another third star and this team could be a power house.

Worth the money lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But some people here would actually have you believe this Portland team was a good team. SMH

Yeah, getting to the conference finals is just sheer luck.

Especially given that the Western conference is such a cupcake of a conference.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're going to discredit your own team by saying Portland isn't good?

Some people on here are very dumb

Seriously. Talks outside of one side of her neck saying that this Warriors team is an all-time great team. Then says the Blazers are trash for not beating GS in one game. The juxtaposition....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad team though

53 wins and made the conference finals without their starting center.

Bad team lmao

But but but GS was down 2 all stars (ignoring that they had 5 total on their team this year, 6 if we want to count Iggy's 1 year as an AS).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with a lot of these points.

But what is hard to ignore is that GS wasn't even at full strength and Portland couldn't get 1 game. That should be concerning for Portland. I don't want to hear nothing about how close they were. Because as close as they were they also completely gave it up by letting those 17+ point leads dwindle in three consecutive games.

Portland was also missing their 3rd best player, and Dame had separated ribs. They weren't exactly healthy either. Not saying that this was the difference between Portland winning the series.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland was also missing their 3rd best player, and Dame had separated ribs. They weren't exactly healthy either. Not saying that this was the difference between Portland winning the series.
So if they had their 3rd player do they win this series? Short answer, no so why bother mentioning it?

Steph has a dislocated finger....but he still played just like Dame did. Neither is worth mentioning.