• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they will... Unless of course if Khris will take a "team friendly" contract...

Two reasons:

1. The Bucks will pay no player in their roster more than what Giannis's salary is... it would be an insult on Giannis and could possibly cause him to look elsewhere for his next contract...

2. The Bucks have turned their floor tactics from "3 guards on the floor" to "3 towers on the floor"... With Brogdon being injured, they moved Mirotic playing the 3 in the starting line up and moved Middleton at 2... But... Now Brogdon is back and he is more effective than Middleton when both play SG...
-He drives more to the rim,
-Is (slightly) more effective shooter
-He is much better than Khris to "pick and roll" the ball with Giannis...

OTOH Mirotic, although he still hasn't fully adapted with his all new (than what he used to play in the NBA up to now) role with the team,
- He is as good as Khris is a shooter,
- He attracts an opponent's "big" to guard him and therefore takes "load off" Giannis
- He is a better defender and can guard even small - quick guards with his fast legs
- He is guarding periphery better with his length and size
- He collects more rebounds...

Therefore a Bledsoe, Brogdon, Mirotic, Giannis, Lopez starting line-up, will be better than the Bucks played all season and then. the Bucks are full of 2/3 combo guards (Middleton, Brown Snell, Connaughton), but have no other than Nikola "big" wing to play 3/4... OTOH. Middleton will be too expensive to have coming from bench... Best thing the have to do (IMO) then, is to "help" Khris and agree on a "sign and trade" deal (so that he gets his 5 year max)... This way all can be happy... Khris can have the destination and the contract he wants and the Backs can have back valuable return...

I believe the Bucks will target to either sign a big 3/4 as to back up Mirotic for next season, or they'll look to trade for Paul George and start him, or for Aaron Gordon if they can't get PG as to back up Mirotic.

I believe the Bucks will either

So basically you are saying they are going to sign Mirotic and Lopez rather than their 2nd best player and a player who was a major key to their success this year? I highly doubt that. Lopez has played good and the Bucks got a great steal for that price but next year he want a lot of money. Like I said I would have a hard time believing they would fork up $30+ on those two guys rather than pay Middleton around $32M a year.

I would be very surprised if the Bucks didn't sign Middleton and Middleton would not be coming off the bench. He does have a player option but I would think he would want to get paid. We will see. I think if the Bucks get to the Finals or win it all...I think there is no question the Bucks pay Middleton.

Paul George just signed a long-term contract with OKC, it's been one year, he isn't going anywhere.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you are saying they are going to sign Mirotic and Lopez rather than their 2nd best player and a player who was a major key to their success this year? I highly doubt that. Lopez has played good and the Bucks got a great steal for that price but next year he want a lot of money. Like I said I would have a hard time believing they would fork up $30+ on those two guys rather than pay Middleton around $32M a year.
The team is better with Mirotic playing SF and Brogdon SG... It's a better team with "3 towers on the floor" tactics anyway... The Bucks lost the 1st game against the Celtics because they started Brown in the absence of Brogdon (a coaching faul), then changed to "3 towers on the floor" for all the following games and never looked back...

Lopez and Miro will resign for much less than you say... expect smth around 20-22M for both... All that will resign will be on "team friendly" contracts... and again, the FO will pay none more than Giannis salary...

I would be very surprised if the Bucks didn't sign Middleton and Middleton would not be coming off the bench. He does have a player option but I would think he would want to get paid. We will see. I think if the Bucks get to the Finals or win it all...I think there is no question the Bucks pay Middleton.

If the Bucks will resign Middleton, he would have to start (at SG) and that's an additional issue because then, Brogdon would have to be benched although he is better to play SG than Khris... Another reason why I think the Bucks will have a "sign and trade" agreement with Khris...

Paul George just signed a long-term contract with OKC, it's been one year, he isn't going anywhere.

If OKC won't go below the lux tax line this season, they'll loose some 60+M (60.000.000) look here: The forgotten "sign and trade"... For which players it is possible this off-season?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Blazers can offer Evan Turner and Harkless lol...throw in another player and take back a contract if we want to pretend.

On another site, there is a Rockets fan who is serious about Capela and a 1st round pick for AD.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, you also think Dubs can sweep this AMAZING Portland team? Lol

Can they?

Yes.

But, the Blazers are a tough group, better than the sum of their parts, and they won't be afraid. Also, the Warriors have shown a tendency to let down a bit when they go up in a series.

So I don't think a sweep is all that likely.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is better with Mirotic playing SF and Brogdon SG... It's a better team with "3 towers on the floor" tactics anyway... The Bucks lost the 1st game against the Celtics because they started Brown in the absence of Brogdon (a coaching faul), then changed to "3 towers on the floor" for all the following games and never looked back...

Lopez and Miro will resign for much less than you say... expect smth around 20-22M for both... All that will resign will be on "team friendly" contracts... and again, the FO will pay none more than Giannis salary...

If the Bucks will resign Middleton, he would have to start (at SG) and that's an additional issue because then, Brogdon would have to be benched although he is better to play SG than Khris... Another reason why I think the Bucks will have a "sign and trade" agreement with Khris...

If OKC won't go below the lux tax line this season, they'll loose some 60+M (60.000.000) look here: The forgotten "sign and trade"... For which players it is possible this off-season?

No, it isn't.

Not even close.

When Brogdon gets back in there you will see just how silly his assertion is.

You need guardplay to win in the modern NBA. Middleton is so much better than Mirotec it isn't funny.

If they are able to keep the core of Bledsoe, Giannis, Middleton and Brogdon together, they will contend for at least a few years.

Lopez and Mirotec are nice pieces, but they are just that. Pieces. Those 2 can't replace Middleton.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So they sign PG to a huge contract then trade him after one year of signing this long-term deal? I don't buy it, maybe down the road if they realize things aren't working out you may have a point.

And no the Bucks are not a better team with Lopez and Mirotic. You saying those guys are equal to Middleton is laughable honestly. It's funny that a Bucks fan doesn't realize this though since you know how important Middleton is to this team, he is one of the main reasons Mirotic and Lopez gets as good of looks as they do and other guys.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they sign PG to a huge contract then trade him after one year of signing this long-term deal? I don't buy it, maybe down the road if they realize things aren't working out you may have a point.

And no the Bucks are not a better team with Lopez and Mirotic. You saying those guys are equal to Middleton is laughable honestly. It's funny that a Bucks fan doesn't realize this though since you know how important Middleton is to this team, he is one of the main reasons Mirotic and Lopez gets as good of looks as they do and other guys.

But... They'll never go above the lux tax even if they buy PG's contract... The Bucks only have 72M guaranteed in their books for next season (107M - 3.5M of Teletovic, -18M of Hill, -13M of Middleton)... and out of that 72M, 19M is on the contracts of Snell and Ilyasova who I believe they'll trade this season! They are in superb financial condition!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But... They'll never go above the lux tax even if they buy PG's contract... The Bucks only have 72M guaranteed in their books for next season (107M - 3.5M of Teletovic, -18M of Hill, -13M of Middleton)... and out of that 72M, 19M is on the contracts of Snell and Ilyasova who I believe they'll trade this season! They are in superb financial condition!

If they won't go into the luxury tax even for a year or 2, then their window will be short.

Enjoy it while you can!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's exactly why they have room to sign Middleton. If they get to the Finals (which I predict) there is no way they aren't signing Middleton to an extension and long-term deal. No way.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly why they have room to sign Middleton. If they get to the Finals (which I predict) there is no way they aren't signing Middleton to an extension and long-term deal. No way.

I have no doubt that the Bucks will be in the finals, nor I have a doubt that they'll attempt to resign Khris... But I cannot see this happening unless if Khris accepts a contract that will cost no more than 20-22M for next season... and I suspect that Khris will demand more...

I believe that the F.O has "set the tone" of what should be expected from their side in terms of contract renewal policy, by renewing Bledsoe's contract and the policy is that they clearly demand "team friendly" contract renewals... I also insist that no one will get a contract renewal that exceeds Giannis' annual salary as of today...

Now, if Bledsoe (who is the No3) took a 4/70, it makes it simple to figure it out what the proposal for the rest will be, either above the No3 player, or below... The Bucks have a much more important priority than to keep Khris... that is to have the cap space as to renew Giannis after (only) a couple of seasons...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that the Bucks will be in the finals, nor I have a doubt that they'll attempt to resign Khris... But I cannot see this happening unless if Khris accepts a contract that will cost no more than 20-22M for next season... and I suspect that Khris will demand more...

I believe that the F.O has "set the tone" of what should be expected from their side in terms of contract renewal policy, by renewing Bledsoe's contract and the policy is that they clearly demand "team friendly" contract renewals... I also insist that no one will get a contract renewal that exceeds Giannis' annual salary as of today...

Now, if Bledsoe (who is the No3) took a 4/70, it makes it simple to figure it out what the proposal for the rest will be, either above the No3 player, or below... The Bucks have a much more important priority than to keep Khris... that is to have the cap space as to renew Giannis after (only) a couple of seasons...

Huge difference between Bledsoe and Middleton.

Middleton is an allstar. He is going to get max or near max offers from teams like the Lakers. Bledsoe was not getting that type of money.

Giannis understands how contracts work in the NBA. If he is upset that his teammate, who is essential to the Bucks success, is going to make more money than him for 2 years, then he needs to get over that quick. His time will come soon enough.

Max contracts were created to prevent superteam formation and give teams like the Bucks a chance to resign their players. They also keep Giannis' contract relatively low until 2021.

If the Bucks let Middleton walk away, then they don't deserve to win a championship. And they won't either.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference between Bledsoe and Middleton.

Middleton is an allstar. He is going to get max or near max offers from teams like the Lakers. Bledsoe was not getting that type of money.

Giannis understands how contracts work in the NBA. If he is upset that his teammate, who is essential to the Bucks success, is going to make more money than him for 2 years, then he needs to get over that quick. His time will come soon enough.

Max contracts were created to prevent superteam formation and give teams like the Bucks a chance to resign their players. They also keep Giannis' contract relatively low until 2021.

If the Bucks let Middleton walk away, then they don't deserve to win a championship. And they won't either.

It's one way to look at it... OTOH, one might say that the Bucks have to move further forward next season and this is directly related to money available... All Sixers, Clippers and Nets have the finances to sign not one, but 2 more All-Stars and are highly desirable destinations in a 200+ players up coming free agency that includes better players than Khris... It is extremely possible (I should rather say "very probable") that they'll all end up better than this season's GSW...

Among all the desirable destinations next off season, the Bucks will be the 1st players will target (because they'll be 1st in all odds to win the title), why then they should (just) "retain what the've got" and not progress further?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one way to look at it... OTOH, one might say that the Bucks have to move further forward next season and this is directly related to money available... All Sixers, Clippers and Nets have the finances to sign not one, but 2 more All-Stars and are highly desirable destinations in a 200+ players up coming free agency that includes better players than Khris... It is extremely possible (I should rather say "very probable") that they'll all end up better than this season's GSW...

Among all the desirable destinations next off season, the Bucks will be the 1st players will target (because they'll be 1st in all odds to win the title), why then they should (just) "retain what the've got" and not progress further?
"Very probable" that a bunch of teams will end up better than one of the all time great dynasties, next year

Um, LOLOLOL

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Very probable" that a bunch of teams will end up better than one of the all time great dynasties, next year

Um, LOLOLOL

I really don't see what you find lolable... Can you imagine (for example) a Kemba, Harden, Paul George, Giannis, A. Davis line up? What chances would the Warriors have against it? zero is tops... bellow zero, most probable...

Sixers have Simmons, Butler, Reddick, Harris and Embiid in their roster, what if they add Kemba and A. Davis?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon man.

You don't know what you are talking about.

First, it is unlikely the Bucks attract a free agent better than Middleton, because they play half their games in cold weather small market Milwaukee.

Second, why risk losing Middleton for the maybe 5% chance you can get somebody better? Of all the free agents available, the only players I would take over Middleton are KD, Kawhi and Klay. And even then, you know Middleton fits very well. There are other better players better than Middleton, but fit matters. And guys like Butler and Kyrie aren't enough better to risk a bad fit.

Lastly, multiple teams better than GS? A team with 5 allstars who is going for their 3rd straight title and barely even tries in the regular season because they are so bored? The Warriors are going to be a top 3 team next year after they lose both KD and Cousins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see what you find lolable... Can you imagine (for example) a Kemba, Harden, Paul George, Giannis, A. Davis line up? What chances would the Warriors have against it? zero is tops... bellow zero, most probable...

LOL because that lineup is so far beyond impossible it really isn't funny.

There is a salary cap first off, and only 1 of those players is a free agent.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

You don't know what you are talking about.
I'll pass on to this as long as it doesn't happen again... I talk nice and demand the same respect shown to me...

First, it is unlikely the Bucks attract a free agent better than Middleton, because they play half their games in cold weather small market Milwaukee.

Second, why risk losing Middleton for the maybe 5% chance you can get somebody better? Of all the free agents available, the only players I would take over Middleton are KD, Kawhi and Klay. And even then, you know Middleton fits very well. There are other better players better than Middleton, but fit matters. And guys like Butler and Kyrie aren't enough better to risk a bad fit.
I thought you was mislead by the sayings of some trolls around the web... All players want to be where they can win a title... For them, it means endless after career (large) income and fame, as well as endorsments... Milwaukee other than offering them that, they additionally have state of the art arena and facilities and the player that is favored to take over from Lebron the "king's title"... The Bucks will be No1 targeted destination next (off) season... full stop!

Lastly, multiple teams better than GS? A team with 5 allstars who is going for their 3rd straight title and barely even tries in the regular season because they are so bored? The Warriors are going to be a top 3 team next year after they lose both KD and Cousins.

No they want... At least the Sixers and the Bucks from the East and the Clippers from the West, will be better... They won't get the WCF next season...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sixers have Simmons, Butler, Reddick, Harris and Embiid in their roster, what if they add Kemba and A. Davis?
Please be serious....please be serious.....