• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope....not at all.

I grew up in NYC and been a Knicks fan since 1967-8.

Also been a fan of the Warriors ever since the '72-3 season...
The Nate Thurmond,Rick Barry,Cazzie Russell, Jim Barnett ,Walt Hazzard era.

Thru thick & thin on both teams.
And there's been a lot of thin over the years....lol
:suds:

Grew up in the Bay Area and I started following sports in 1986 when I was 7 years old. I was a fan of both the Warriors and Celtics. I chose the Warriors because they were the local team and I chose the Celtics because my dad was a Celtics fan. Only sport besides soccer where I supported more than one team, and soccer is very different because there are so many leagues around the world. By the mid-90's, my Celtics fandom faded to the point that I became only a Warriors fan, but for the most part, I usually do root for the Celtics against most teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to a place that has nobody.

I mean, yea they had Kyrie, but that was good for 33 wins the year before. And Kevin Love is OK.

I mean, nothing of the magnitude of the 2nd best player in the league going to the team that broke the record for most wins in history.

Seriously though, it just depends what kind of fan you are.

I like seeing competition. I like underdogs. I like inspirational stories. Other people just want to see their team crush every team in their path.

I was the person who called BS when the original Dream Team came out. Who the hell wants to see the USA crush every country by 55 points. With the college kids, you had some damn good games, and they could still have won for another 10 years or so before prep to pros.

I hear you.

Dream Team was different though.

Our college kids were playing against their pros. It wasn't a fair fight. The Dream Team was needed to restore the natural order of things and make sure everyone knew USA owned basketball.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you.

Dream Team was different though.

Our college kids were playing against their pros. It wasn't a fair fight. The Dream Team was needed to restore the natural order of things and make sure everyone knew USA owned basketball.

Yeah, it made sense. You don't want to lose because the other teams have bigger, stronger guys.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIL is a different beast and you can't really do much better than Toronto did in two of the last three games defending Giannis. It could be a tough mismatch for GS especially if Iggy isn't 100%

I think Milwaukee has the horses to beat GS personally. I know I have them winning it all...

BTW, Tonight is the first game you and I have disagreed on or bet opposite on in quite a few games lately... I just don't see how the Blazers can play any different or any better than they have. They've thrown everything including the kitchen sink at GS and nothing has worked. Why are you so confident in Portland tonight??

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up in the Bay Area and I started following sports in 1986 when I was 7 years old. I was a fan of both the Warriors and Celtics. I chose the Warriors because they were the local team and I chose the Celtics because my dad was a Celtics fan. Only sport besides soccer where I supported more than one team, and soccer is very different because there are so many leagues around the world. By the mid-90's, my Celtics fandom faded to the point that I became only a Warriors fan, but for the most part, I usually do root for the Celtics against most teams.

All good, dude.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three straight years and three first round exits. You'd think that OKC fans would recognize that the problem's staring them in the face.

I can kind of understand their point.

He stayed when KD left. He could have bailed the very next season and no one would have blamed him. Instead, he committed to them and their team.

But yeah, he couldn't get to the finals with KD and now, he can't even get out of the first round with PG. You'd think they'd at least start wondering if he could be the problem (or at least question his apparent decision to hire Lonzo Ball as his shooting coach).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He stayed when KD left. He could have bailed the very next season and no one would have blamed him. Instead, he committed to them and their team.

But yeah, he couldn't get to the finals with KD and now, he can't even get out of the first round with PG. You'd think they'd at least start wondering if he could be the problem (or at least question his apparent decision to hire Lonzo Ball as his shooting coach).

We been telling them for 3 years. Hell, even longer than that.

At least now, instead of the violent cursing that would have transpired shortly after KD left, the reaction is much more mild.

Russ is their guy, so the fans support him. They have to. But they aren't blind to the truth.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Markelle Fultz as assistant shooting coach.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Portland have any fight left or has the spirit been broken?

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home game for the Blazers, Warriors without KD, Boogie and Iggy.

They should be able to scratch out a W here you would think.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Durant, no Cousins and no Iguodala = no victory in game 4. A team can only absorb so many injuries to its best players before the whole system breaks down

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in defense is night and day comparing Portland to MIL-TOR

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KLay said he was tired of being 3rd option and would go elsewhere if KD returned.

That would force GS to choose if both wanted to resign.
Oh, so no chance