• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss where are you? What happened after the Knicks beat the Cavs?

Some people here are worried about you.....I think. Or something.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hurse isn’t coming for me yet

She's on her way...

Nurse Costume GIF

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anymore...Poole is there to stay
None of us know what happens next. Lotta changes probably after this year. Heck they may have a new GM and he may want a new coach even.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be ok.

There was a sighting yesterday.
Was I disappointed losing in 5 to NY? Definitely but other than that I knew their ceiling was lower than most of the other playoff teams. One more year of a 1st round out and they are probably looking for another coach too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us know what happens next. Lotta changes probably after this year. Heck they may have a new GM and he may want a new coach even.

It's going to be interesting with him.

As good as he was last year...he's been about that bad this year.

Was last year a "catching lightning in a bottle" or is this year an anomaly that started bad and never really got better for him.

I don't think he's been horrible this year. But it seems like he's been very inconsistent.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was I disappointed losing in 5 to NY? Definitely but other than that I knew their ceiling was lower than most of the other playoff teams. One more year of a 1st round out and they are probably looking for another coach too.

Honestly, I think they overachieved a bit in the regular season this year which led to overinflated playoff expectations. They probably should have been closer to a 6 or 7 seed. But some other teams had injuries/underachieved.

Even if they have a 1st round exit next year, they should give the coach 1 more year, imo.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was last year a "catching lightning in a bottle" or is this year an anomaly that started bad and never really got better for him.

I don't think he's been horrible this year. But it seems like he's been very inconsistent.
He’s a better player without Steph on the floor. What they do is redundant and Steph is just better. It seems to me that they’re trying to jam a square peg in a round hole. The young man was wise to take the bag.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think they overachieved a bit in the regular season this year which led to overinflated playoff expectations. They probably should have been closer to a 6 or 7 seed. But some other teams had injuries/underachieved.

Even if they have a 1st round exit next year, they should give the coach 1 more year, imo.
Yep. I feel even more confident watching these playoffs that we can say the Heat were regular season underachievers. Additionally, Toronto really fell apart. I think the Hawks underachieved as well seen in them firing their coach midseason. My thing with the Cavs is that just because Mobley can play the 3, I think he becomes a superstar if they play him as a stretch 5. Cavs guys will disagree but I think next year’s lesson in the playoffs will be that they have to choose between Mobley and Allen.

Edit: d’uh. Forgot about the Nets falling apart before our eyes on what should have been the KD Kyrie show.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a better player without Steph on the floor. What they do is redundant and Steph is just better. It seems to me that they’re trying to jam a square peg in a round hole. The young man was wise to take the bag.

Good point. He may just need a change of scenery. He's talented, but it's hard for him to step into Steph's role when Steph is still in it and Poole isn't as good.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. He may just need a change of scenery. He's talented, but it's hard for him to step into Steph's role when Steph is still in it and Poole isn't as good.
There’s like a 10 point swing in his PPG per 36 with Steph on vs Steph off. And both guys represent a mouse in the house on defense and struggle to guard although I have to give Curry props on his improved defense through the years.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The punch probably didn't help, he may need to not be on a team with Draymond.

And it appears they made a mistake giving him the bag so soon, they took a chance.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The punch probably didn't help, he may need to not be on a team with Draymond.

And it appears they made a mistake giving him the bag so soon, they took a chance.
That was a tough call based on the huge strides he made last year. You fear if you don’t do it now, it’s even more down the line. Additionally, doing it last summer helped to give them a level of cost certainty as they try and navigate the cap. They slotted a nice cap number for a young player so he would be a piece that can be dealt to maximize what’s left of the Splash Brothers window.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a tough call based on the huge strides he made last year. You fear if you don’t do it now, it’s even more down the line. Additionally, doing it last summer helped to give them a level of cost certainty as they try and navigate the cap. They slotted a nice cap number for a young player so he would be a piece that can be dealt to maximize what’s left of the Splash Brothers window.
Exactly, that was the reasoning behind the gamble, it just looks like it didn't pay off.