• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictable they'd come out flat and AD wouldn't do much. The roller coaster continues with him. It's the same thing from the Memphis series.

Some of their defensive strategies were pretty poor tonight though. They had to have known the Warriors were gonna use JaMychael Green more this game after what he gave them last game, yet they seemed baffled by the difference with him out there. Reaves also got cooked by Thompson all game being left alone and having to chase him all game (part of the poor strategy decisions). They thew out some sloppy coaching in game 2 of the Memphis series too but learned from it. Maybe they can repeat the process.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a team sport. There will be multiple screens said every possession
Yeah that was a weird critique. Most people claim to be down on the iso ball and not running offenses with movement. I honestly see too much iso ball watching all the Embiid Harden iso. It pisses me off that they collectively learn this lesson repeatedly that the best Sixers are the Sixers that move the ball. When they do that they can get great matchups vs teams that switch everything.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the basketball that required skill. The Kobe waiving off a Karl Malone screen. Now it’s 7 or 8 screens in one possession. Thompson isn’t in the league without endless screens and picks

You're conflating skill with strategy.

There have always been a lot of picks in basketball. The pick and roll is probably the oldest play in basketball history.

Klays ability to shoot is a skill. Picks are the strategy that enables him use his skill most effectively.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictable they'd come out flat and AD wouldn't do much. The roller coaster continues with him. It's the same thing from the Memphis series.

Some of their defensive strategies were pretty poor tonight though. They had to have known the Warriors were gonna use JaMychael Green more this game after what he gave them last game, yet they seemed baffled by the difference with him out there. Reaves also got cooked by Thompson all game being left alone and having to chase him all game (part of the poor strategy decisions). They thew out some sloppy coaching in game 2 of the Memphis series too but learned from it. Maybe they can repeat the process.

Not to beat the same drum but this just goes to show if anyone gives Reaves a bag they're crazy.

He's a nice 10 mill a year guy. He's not someone who can help carry a team to a title

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!

Now that was a tale of 2 halves....and both went in the Dubs favor....especially that 2nd half.
In the battle of adjustments for game 2, GS won that going away.
Kerr easily outwitted Ham..and it wasn't even close.

That said....LA got the split in SF they needed.
Dubs just have to find a way to return the favor in SoCal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to beat the same drum but this just goes to show if anyone gives Reaves a bag they're crazy.

He's a nice 10 mill a year guy. He's not someone who can help carry a team to a title

Do not slander Basketball Jesus, Lord and Savior of the Roundball. It was just a bad game and I'm sure outside forces conspired against him

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few times I root for Doucheman in the playoffs... This shit ain't natural.

Hope a Nuggets/GS WCF happens so I could hate the Warriors again return to living a normal life. :clap:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not slander Basketball Jesus, Lord and Savior of the Roundball. It was just a bad game and I'm sure outside forces conspired against him

I hope Indiana gives him 30 mil a year

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're conflating skill with strategy.

There have always been a lot of picks in basketball. The pick and roll is probably the oldest play in basketball history.

Klays ability to shoot is a skill. Picks are the strategy that enables him use his skill most effectively.
Ehhh call it old school I’m just more impressed with beating the person in front of you over let’s get him a wide open shot. I can’t imagine someone walking on a court of pick up basketball asking for 4 or 5 screens. Then you get into how many of these are lilegal/moving screens and that’s a whole different topic entirely.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh call it old school I’m just more impressed with beating the person in front of you over let’s get him a wide open shot. I can’t imagine someone walking on a court of pick up basketball asking for 4 or 5 screens. Then you get into how many of these are lilegal/moving screens and that’s a whole different topic entirely.

The zone drastically changed how teams can defend players. You rarely see zones in pickup lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few times I root for Doucheman in the playoffs... This shit ain't natural.

Hope a Nuggets/GS WCF happens so I could hate the Warriors again return to living a normal life. :clap:
That was me last series.

Order has been restored.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying if your game is based off screens you are lesser of a player IMO. best players in history didnt rely off of screens and picks. jordan wouldnt have needed to push off byron russell if he had a screen set lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers shouldve used Beasley and a first to land another useful player for this rotation

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying if your game is based off screens you are lesser of a player IMO. best players in history didnt rely off of screens and picks. jordan wouldnt have needed to push off byron russell if he had a screen set lol

Klay will always be below the superstar players. I think everyone knows this already. He's never been the Warriors' number 1 guy. It's always been Curry. This is natural because Klay is not a creator.

However, his great skill is really, really good. I'm guessing that besides Curry, Klay is the only guy in NBA history who has shot above 41% on threes for his career while averaging at least 7 three point attempts per game.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet some of that might have sounded real good in your head before you decided to go ahead and actually post it.

:pound:

Happy Lebron James GIF by Uninterrupted
Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC
Michael Jordan Lol GIF
Best Friends GIF by ESPN
High Five Lets Go GIF by ESPN

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called it again. Now a split in LA, and they win 5 and 7

And let's give some flowers to my man Klay Thompson

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the basketball that required skill. The Kobe waiving off a Karl Malone screen. Now it’s 7 or 8 screens in one possession. Thompson isn’t in the league without endless screens and picks
Holy shit is this a stupid comment