• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that this year was the first one in LeBron's 20 year career that he didn't get a single vote for MVP

Only played 55 games so yeah.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game as expected, but tbh, I feel better about this series for some reason. The reason is that it was an incredibly close game and I don't think the Warriors played nearly as well as they could have. They shot well from 3, but overall there are a lot of adjustments that can be made to make them more efficient.

The biggest concern will be how they address AD. I would imagine next game they start small with Looney off the bench. Draymond was guarding D-Lo all game, but realistically he should be the one guarding AD. I would like to see them start Kuminga and give him some run in this series. He wasn't needed or playable last series against the Kings, but this series is perfect for him. Let him guard D-Lo, put Draymond on AD. Also DDV has become almost unplayable in these playoffs. It's weird because he was so good throughout the regular season. He just looks lost right now on both ends of the court.

Kuminga being on the floor I think is the first big adjustment they should make.

As for Poole, you live and die with his production some times. But I will say I have NEVER seen him ever make a heat check 3. So when he does that it's effectively a turnover and momentum killer. It has to be stopped. His 3 at the end of the game was overall a poor shot. He doesn't have Steph range and that had no shot to go in. He has to get a better look or at the very least drive the ball to extend the game. It was only a 3 point game and if they could have gotten a 2 even in that spot, they would have had a timeout to advance the ball later.

That's the problem though. No matter what adjustments they make, they still can't counter AD. Looney is too slow and everyone else is too small. Plus, the Lakers have a lot of length which the Warriors struggle with.

I think there are 2 adjustments they can make that could help. One would be to go to the zone defense earlier in the game and then switch in and out of it. That threw the Lakers offense off and allowed the big run that got the W's back in the game.

The other would be to keep pushing the pace and try to keep playing faster. Lebron and AD were both gassed. Also, attack the paint more. Maybe you can get AD in foul trouble or at the least, the Lakers rim protection drops off when AD is out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da fuq?

Come on, you can’t have Lebron with these guys.

Stop that shit.

Must be MJ fans or something. All the names make sense except for #1 and Randle doesn't make much sense either LOL

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should this be a technical?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game as expected, but tbh, I feel better about this series for some reason. The reason is that it was an incredibly close game and I don't think the Warriors played nearly as well as they could have. They shot well from 3, but overall there are a lot of adjustments that can be made to make them more efficient.

The biggest concern will be how they address AD. I would imagine next game they start small with Looney off the bench. Draymond was guarding D-Lo all game, but realistically he should be the one guarding AD. I would like to see them start Kuminga and give him some run in this series. He wasn't needed or playable last series against the Kings, but this series is perfect for him. Let him guard D-Lo, put Draymond on AD. Also DDV has become almost unplayable in these playoffs. It's weird because he was so good throughout the regular season. He just looks lost right now on both ends of the court.

Kuminga being on the floor I think is the first big adjustment they should make.

As for Poole, you live and die with his production some times. But I will say I have NEVER seen him ever make a heat check 3. So when he does that it's effectively a turnover and momentum killer. It has to be stopped. His 3 at the end of the game was overall a poor shot. He doesn't have Steph range and that had no shot to go in. He has to get a better look or at the very least drive the ball to extend the game. It was only a 3 point game and if they could have gotten a 2 even in that spot, they would have had a timeout to advance the ball later.

I definitely agree on Kuminga. I think they'll benefit from his size and athleticism. The Warriors need more from the young guys. When Moody gets minutes, you can see the difference in how he moves. He's a step quicker than the vets in chasing down loose balls and rebounds.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem though. No matter what adjustments they make, they still can't counter AD. Looney is too slow and everyone else is too small. Plus, the Lakers have a lot of length which the Warriors struggle with.

I think there are 2 adjustments they can make that could help. One would be to go to the zone defense earlier in the game and then switch in and out of it. That threw the Lakers offense off and allowed the big run that got the W's back in the game.

The other would be to keep pushing the pace and try to keep playing faster. Lebron and AD were both gassed. Also, attack the paint more. Maybe you can get AD in foul trouble or at the least, the Lakers rim protection drops off when AD is out.

Yeah it's going to be a matter of counters on counters this series. The teams both have their strengths and both have their weaknesses. It's a matter of who does the best hiding them.

If you give up size for shooting or better flow defensively, you lose out on rebounding. But then you have to hope that pans out for you offensively.

The Warriors I think will continue to push the pace and hope Ham just wears his guys out. Wiggins only played 34 minutes yesterday. He could easily ramp that up. Draymond was in foul trouble, which hurt his defensive aggressiveness. Lots of things both ways that can be done to extend this series out.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ham needs to give Bamba some PT.

SMH.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that this year was the first one in LeBron's 20 year career that he didn't get a single vote for MVP

Only played 55 games so yeah.

It's understandable IMO.

55 games played makes sense but there were also at least 5 guys more MVP-worthy this year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ham needs to give Bamba some PT.

SMH.

I loved that guy on my fantasy basketball team a couple years ago. He fills up the numbers in a lot of different stat categories. However, I have little clue about whether he's actually a good player.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that guy on my fantasy basketball team a couple years ago. He fills up the numbers in a lot of different stat categories. However, I have little clue about whether he's actually a good player.
He's good as a backup for 15mpg or so.

Better than Gabriel who is for some reason......one of Ham's trusted and fave guys.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good as a backup for 15mpg or so.

Better than Gabriel who is for some reason......one of Ham's trusted and fave guys.

Kerr spent all year playing Anthony Lamb over Moody. I don't think anybody really knows why.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr spent all year playing Anthony Lamb over Moody. I don't think anybody really knows why.
Kerr is a better coach than Ham.

There is reason I wanted a coach with some experience.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right this is where the lack of days off helps the Ws
Warriors aren’t exactly a young team either.

And it affects shooters more than a big man playing down low.

As much as Curry and Klay were running off screens last night, if that keeps up, it’s going to affect them too.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a graphic.....in reg season Poole was 29% on treys 30 feet and farther.

Curry was at 24%.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In playoffs.....Curry is at 44% (4 of 9).

Poole is 0% (0 for 3, small sample size)