• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it really wasn’t “fast”. It took place over 4.5-5 minutes. Better shot making from them and they win the game.
...or, the Lakers are more prepared for the zone and don't sub for Vando.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors going to have to play more zone on thurs so they don;t get killed in the paint ,which means longer shots and rebounds on missed shots and thats what the warriors like to set up their threes. Austin Reaves and probably Schroder are going to have to play a hell of a game and penetrate that defense. with drives to get AD and LeBron shots closer to the rim.
Huge confidence booster for the Lakers that three Warriors could shoot 6 threes a piece and the Lakers can still win. But also scary how quick a 14 point lead can disappear against those guys.
Warriors playing for their playoff lives next game. Lose that one and it's probably a done deal. Kinda tells me the Warriors are going to be tough to beat that night. Smart money was on the Lakers last night. Would be hard to bet against the Dubs in the next game

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....I'm already over it....and looking forward to Thursday.
Was only the 1st game. There's still a long way to go in this series.
Hope they change some of the strategy on a few things for game 2 (I'm sure Kerr will)

There will definitely be adjustments by both sides. Another story to unfold on Thursday... battle of the adjustments.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn the Warriors can erase a deficit fast. Thought that 2 minute stretch was going to cost the Lakers the game after they had controlled the 2nd half.

Ironically, it was the guy subbed in for Vando (DLo) that made the basket to take the lead back. Wish he wasn't such a liability defensively.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or, the Lakers are more prepared for the zone and don't sub for Vando.
Not sure how that can happen on a team that can’t shoot. They’re always going to be susceptible to zone.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is going 7.

I hate these fuckers.

But, people are all up in their feelings if they claim the Lakers are only here because they played a faux contender 1st round.

They have a good team.

But, I still lean Dubs in a highly contested 7 game series.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how that can happen on a team that can’t shoot. They’re always going to be susceptible to zone.

They were among the teams that faced the most zone this year. They'll have a plan. Whether or not it works? To be seen. Reaves will need to be more aggressive in his shot selection for sure. Maybe Beasley gets some minutes in that eventuality.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were among the teams that faced the most zone this year. They'll have a plan. Whether or not it works? To be seen. Reaves will need to be more aggressive in his shot selection for sure. Maybe Beasley gets some minutes in that eventuality.
That’s surprising to me because they looked like they were taken aback by the move last night and it led to a 4 minute long drought without a made field goal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s surprising to me because they looked like they were taken aback by the move last night and it led to a 4 minute long drought without a made field goal.

It did take them a few minutes to adjust to it, which led to that late run. When a game has been played one way the whole game, it can take a few trips to recognize the change in defense. Especially at the pace that game was played at.

The Warriors had 106 field goal attempts. The most they've had in a playoff game since 1991. The Lakers had 92.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many fouls do you expect the refs to call for GS when they are shooting 53 3's in a game?

Meanwhile, the Lakers have Davis eating down low and LeBron and Co driving the lanes.

Maybe the Warriors should stop shooting 53 3's in a game if they want more FT attempts.

The Warriors had 106 FGA's. 53 of them were 3's.

The Lakers had 92 FGA's. 25 of them were 3's.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rookie coach? They responded by subbing in DLo for Vando, which seemed to free up the Dubs' shooters more than add shooting for the Lakers. Didn't help that AD really should've had at least a few minutes on the bench to start the 4th; playing the whole 2nd half had him dragging late.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Draymond doesn't grab a single rebound? You do realize i never said don't play looney right? I said dont start him

Sure, but his 7 offensive rebounds were a huge part in the Warriors effort last night. Not sure you want to restrict that (or put smaller guys on AD).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,696.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night showed why I think the Lakers come out of the West. They’re the only squad that defends like a mother fuck and has real rim protection left in the West.
Very similar to the bubble Lakers after the trade deadline.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game as expected, but tbh, I feel better about this series for some reason. The reason is that it was an incredibly close game and I don't think the Warriors played nearly as well as they could have. They shot well from 3, but overall there are a lot of adjustments that can be made to make them more efficient.

The biggest concern will be how they address AD. I would imagine next game they start small with Looney off the bench. Draymond was guarding D-Lo all game, but realistically he should be the one guarding AD. I would like to see them start Kuminga and give him some run in this series. He wasn't needed or playable last series against the Kings, but this series is perfect for him. Let him guard D-Lo, put Draymond on AD. Also DDV has become almost unplayable in these playoffs. It's weird because he was so good throughout the regular season. He just looks lost right now on both ends of the court.

Kuminga being on the floor I think is the first big adjustment they should make.

As for Poole, you live and die with his production some times. But I will say I have NEVER seen him ever make a heat check 3. So when he does that it's effectively a turnover and momentum killer. It has to be stopped. His 3 at the end of the game was overall a poor shot. He doesn't have Steph range and that had no shot to go in. He has to get a better look or at the very least drive the ball to extend the game. It was only a 3 point game and if they could have gotten a 2 even in that spot, they would have had a timeout to advance the ball later.