• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game as expected, but tbh, I feel better about this series for some reason. The reason is that it was an incredibly close game and I don't think the Warriors played nearly as well as they could have. They shot well from 3, but overall there are a lot of adjustments that can be made to make them more efficient.

The biggest concern will be how they address AD. I would imagine next game they start small with Looney off the bench. Draymond was guarding D-Lo all game, but realistically he should be the one guarding AD. I would like to see them start Kuminga and give him some run in this series. He wasn't needed or playable last series against the Kings, but this series is perfect for him. Let him guard D-Lo, put Draymond on AD. Also DDV has become almost unplayable in these playoffs. It's weird because he was so good throughout the regular season. He just looks lost right now on both ends of the court.

Kuminga being on the floor I think is the first big adjustment they should make.

As for Poole, you live and die with his production some times. But I will say I have NEVER seen him ever make a heat check 3. So when he does that it's effectively a turnover and momentum killer. It has to be stopped. His 3 at the end of the game was overall a poor shot. He doesn't have Steph range and that had no shot to go in. He has to get a better look or at the very least drive the ball to extend the game. It was only a 3 point game and if they could have gotten a 2 even in that spot, they would have had a timeout to advance the ball later.

Who are you starting Kuminga over? Looney? Can't imagine him jumping from no minutes to starting.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game as expected, but tbh, I feel better about this series for some reason. The reason is that it was an incredibly close game and I don't think the Warriors played nearly as well as they could have. They shot well from 3, but overall there are a lot of adjustments that can be made to make them more efficient.

The biggest concern will be how they address AD. I would imagine next game they start small with Looney off the bench. Draymond was guarding D-Lo all game, but realistically he should be the one guarding AD. I would like to see them start Kuminga and give him some run in this series. He wasn't needed or playable last series against the Kings, but this series is perfect for him. Let him guard D-Lo, put Draymond on AD. Also DDV has become almost unplayable in these playoffs. It's weird because he was so good throughout the regular season. He just looks lost right now on both ends of the court.

Kuminga being on the floor I think is the first big adjustment they should make.

As for Poole, you live and die with his production some times. But I will say I have NEVER seen him ever make a heat check 3. So when he does that it's effectively a turnover and momentum killer. It has to be stopped. His 3 at the end of the game was overall a poor shot. He doesn't have Steph range and that had no shot to go in. He has to get a better look or at the very least drive the ball to extend the game. It was only a 3 point game and if they could have gotten a 2 even in that spot, they would have had a timeout to advance the ball later.
If they keep playing Davis entire half’s don’t worry the problem will take care of itself.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you starting Kuminga over? Looney? Can't imagine him jumping from no minutes to starting.

Yes, he would start over Looney. There is no perfect solution here. There are going to be deficiencies all around, no matter how you try to match up. So there is give and take.

Kuminga over the course of the season has been an outstanding defender. The obvious problem becomes the rebounding. But on the flip side it also spreads the offense out and gives more spacing to a team that is essentially playing defense by overplaying the top and packing the paint with the rest of the players. The Lakers are completely sagging off Looney. Kuminga shot 37% from 3 on the year and he can also attack the basket down hill with authority. At worst it makes AD's job on defense tougher and playing him 44 minutes a night might actually break him.

What I would do is bring Looney off the bench to pair with Poole on the second unit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but his 7 offensive rebounds were a huge part in the Warriors effort last night. Not sure you want to restrict that (or put smaller guys on AD).
Once again i said dont start him not dont play him. What is so hard to comprehend?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is going 7.

I hate these fuckers.

But, people are all up in their feelings if they claim the Lakers are only here because they played a faux contender 1st round.

They have a good team.

But, I still lean Dubs in a highly contested 7 game series.
Can GS beat Lebron in a Game 7. I just don't see it. Pretty sure I picked them in 7 too lol.

We will probably see some adjustment from GS in G2. Going to a zone more and possibly Dray to center...not sure they make that move but we will see. Lebron will be ready for everything but I still feel GS will take game 2. They just can't let the Lakers get into the paint that easily bc eventually they will start hitting shots.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good game one win for the Lakers.

Thought for sure the Warriors would take care of business after coming back from 14 down.

Do the Warriors have anyone that can keep AD in check? He was a monster last night.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is going 7.

I hate these fuckers.

But, people are all up in their feelings if they claim the Lakers are only here because they played a faux contender 1st round.

They have a good team.

But, I still lean Dubs in a highly contested 7 game series.

Can't count the Warriors out until they're eliminated. This is going to be a great series.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gives me great optimism is the fact the Warriors actually played a good game, and the Lakers still won.

The Warriors took 53 shots from three and made 40% so shooting wasn't an issue for them. They also beat LA on the offensive boards and the turnovers were equal.

If the Lakers are going to lose this series, it'll be because of their fuck ups.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again i said dont start him not dont play him. What is so hard to comprehend?

But you are calling for fewer minutes for him, which means fewer rebounds. Green isn't going to hold defensively any better vs AD and will probably accumulate fouls faster than he did last night.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are calling for fewer minutes for him, which means fewer rebounds. Green isn't going to hold defensively any better vs AD and will probably accumulate fouls faster than he did last night.

Green would lose his shit being the primary defender on AD.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good game one win for the Lakers.

Thought for sure the Warriors would take care of business after coming back from 14 down.

Do the Warriors have anyone that can keep AD in check? He was a monster last night.

The only player left in the West that can keep AD in check is AD. Which games that happens is anyone's guess. They can blitz AD and force other players to beat them though, and I expect to see more of that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @trojanfan12 if you see those new hot mustard flavored Doritos?

Try them. Really good. Just like the spicy hot mustard that comes with chinese food.