• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WC Round vs. Bengals

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stealing the WC Round thread from ATL in hopes of better luck this year... :heh:

(ignore the new avy... I lost a bet lol)

Injuries:
PIT... Obviously D-Will is the big name here. He's still listed as day-to-day. Hasn't tested the foot on the field yet, only in the training room. Martavis is dealing with a strained neck, but expected to suit up. JJ is also expected to play. No mention of AB's wrist so it must be a non-issue.

CIN... Dalton will likely suit up, but as a backup. His hand likely will not be ready by Saturday. This go-round we will see Eifert & Pacman Jones suiting up.

Analysis:
O... No secrets in this one... PIT's offense is, at the moment, looking very 1-dimensional without D-Will. They are preparing the tandem of Touissant & Todman, with W-Johnson as the emergency option. Haley will need to figure out a way to get the ground game established. That will put a lot of pressure on the O-line so hopefully they can rise to the task. If not, Haley could abandon the run game again like he did against BAL last January. In that event expect Cincy to role with nickel packages & drop the 2 safeties deep. You can guarantee that Cincy is going to gameplan against AB so they will need a lot of help from Bryant, Wheaton, DHB, & Miller. Bryant needs to "toughen up" as Ben put it. 2 catches for 6yds the past 2 weeks. I hope he accepts that challenge. If they can keep Ben upright and give him time, then the Cincy secondary will have their hands full. A-Vill & Gilbert are going to be tasked with a lot of 1-on-1 matchups so Wallace can get help inside. They have been doing a solid job with that, so let's hope for that to continue!

D... Handling McCarron won't be as easy as it sounds. He was able to carve up the Steeler secondary in garb time last time these teams faced off. But then again, who hasn't. I hope Butler commits to cover 2 earlier in this game. But with the safety blitzes he has been having success with we will see the cover 3. I only pray that someone keeps Blake off the field when they do that. Any time I see #41 out there i will be holding my breath. Maybe Butler is planning on unleashing Boykin this week as a surprise move. Doubtful, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. The pass rush has been doing well, albeit inconsistent.

Overall... I expect this team to play with a lot of passion this week. They seem to be highly motivated at the moment, so I don't expect to be disappointed. It's going to be another tough AFCN bout. There is a lot of bad blood between these 2 teams so we should see some fireworks Saturday night.

PIT 28 - CIN 20

GO STEELERS!!!!

terribletowel.gif

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about this game. I would love to see more of Boykin! I also think Big Ben & all receivers will have big games this weekend, esp. in the absence of D-Will. Of course, we'd all be excited to see him at full throttle. What exactly is his injury? Go Steelers!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about this game. I would love to see more of Boykin! I also think Big Ben & all receivers will have big games this weekend, esp. in the absence of D-Will. Of course, we'd all be excited to see him at full throttle. What exactly is his injury? Go Steelers!
According to Tomlin's presser it is a sprain or strain of sorts to the upper foot/ankle area. There wasn't any structural damage, just intense swelling. D-Will said he didn't think it was anything serious, just a minor strain.

There's a lot of optimism floating around that he will be ready to play Saturday night.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tomlin's presser it is a sprain or strain of sorts to the upper foot/ankle area. There wasn't any structural damage, just intense swelling. D-Will said he didn't think it was anything serious, just a minor strain.

There's a lot of optimism floating around that he will be ready to play Saturday night.
im thinking he wants to play at all costs .. lets face it if we dont win we are out ..i say put him in if he is able to play and worry about next week after we get the W...im only concerned about burfict intentionally hurting him and others

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im thinking he wants to play at all costs .. lets face it if we dont win we are out ..i say put him in if he is able to play and worry about next week after we get the W...im only concerned about burfict intentionally hurting him and others
Ugh just reading or hearing the name Burfict ignites a hate deep within.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals don't win playoff games. you guys are good.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nuthin is a given in the playoffs OD.. im very apprehensive

Our boys beat them in their house a few weeks back. They can do it again, unless they go flat like they did in Baltimore. Which I wouldn't expect, in the playoffs.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh just reading or hearing the name Burfict ignites a hate deep within.

They should set him up for a "kill Maschi" play (as described in my favorite sports book, Playing for Pizza).

Ben starts out under center, with fullback behind and a little off to one side. Ben drops back, while the FB stays in his crouch for a second or two.

Let Burfart come charging in unblocked. Then the FB lunges forward and upward, helmet-spearing the bastard right in the face mask.

Totally brutal, and even if it nets a 15-yarder, totally worth it. :evil:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should set him up for a "kill Maschi" play (as described in my favorite sports book, Playing for Pizza).

Ben starts out under center, with fullback behind and a little off to one side. Ben drops back, while the FB stays in his crouch for a second or two.

Let Burfart come charging in unblocked. Then the FB lunges forward and upward, helmet-spearing the bastard right in the face mask.

Totally brutal, and even if it nets a 15-yarder, totally worth it. :evil:
I would support this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stealing the WC Round thread from ATL in hopes of better luck this year... :heh:

(ignore the new avy... I lost a bet lol)

Injuries:
PIT... Obviously D-Will is the big name here. He's still listed as day-to-day. Hasn't tested the foot on the field yet, only in the training room. Martavis is dealing with a strained neck, but expected to suit up. JJ is also expected to play. No mention of AB's wrist so it must be a non-issue.

CIN... Dalton will likely suit up, but as a backup. His hand likely will not be ready by Saturday. This go-round we will see Eifert & Pacman Jones suiting up.

Analysis:
O... No secrets in this one... PIT's offense is, at the moment, looking very 1-dimensional without D-Will. They are preparing the tandem of Touissant & Todman, with W-Johnson as the emergency option. Haley will need to figure out a way to get the ground game established. That will put a lot of pressure on the O-line so hopefully they can rise to the task. If not, Haley could abandon the run game again like he did against BAL last January. In that event expect Cincy to role with nickel packages & drop the 2 safeties deep. You can guarantee that Cincy is going to gameplan against AB so they will need a lot of help from Bryant, Wheaton, DHB, & Miller. Bryant needs to "toughen up" as Ben put it. 2 catches for 6yds the past 2 weeks. I hope he accepts that challenge. If they can keep Ben upright and give him time, then the Cincy secondary will have their hands full. A-Vill & Gilbert are going to be tasked with a lot of 1-on-1 matchups so Wallace can get help inside. They have been doing a solid job with that, so let's hope for that to continue!

D... Handling McCarron won't be as easy as it sounds. He was able to carve up the Steeler secondary in garb time last time these teams faced off. But then again, who hasn't. I hope Butler commits to cover 2 earlier in this game. But with the safety blitzes he has been having success with we will see the cover 3. I only pray that someone keeps Blake off the field when they do that. Any time I see #41 out there i will be holding my breath. Maybe Butler is planning on unleashing Boykin this week as a surprise move. Doubtful, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. The pass rush has been doing well, albeit inconsistent.

Overall... I expect this team to play with a lot of passion this week. They seem to be highly motivated at the moment, so I don't expect to be disappointed. It's going to be another tough AFCN bout. There is a lot of bad blood between these 2 teams so we should see some fireworks Saturday night.

PIT 28 - CIN 20

GO STEELERS!!!!

View attachment 73960

I'm glad you did! I'm late to the party anyway.

My .02

OFC...I can't say it any better...but to emphasize it, Haley has to figure out a way to run the ball...15 to 20 touches by the RBs is good enough, but if they're in the 8 to 10 range combined that means he's put it all on Ben and I just don't like it. This is a one and done game...be aggressive but not predictable, don't give up any short fields.

DEF...It's on the front 7, they can't allow an inexperienced QB a lot of time and try to confused him with coverage...that soft zone stuff...I don't care much for that tactic in this game...mix it up some, man up and go after his ass...gotta make McCarron think and react quick enough to make a mistake or take some bad sacks...I actually like the SS or FS coming a few times, but at all times keep a man over top AJ. Tomlin is going to put #41 out there, but it will be a fairly short hook if he misses a tackle.

Outlook...As you mentioned...if the Steeler OTs play well man up, they can neutralize the disadvantage Wallace has with Atkins with OG help. Johnson is good, but not great...not the shortish, quick, strong type that will give a 6'9" LT a lot of problems. The most athletic guy is Dunlap but he doesn't dominate Gilbert...there's some IFs in my outlook, but I do like the vet QB over the guy with a handful of starts.

PIT 30-20...hope it's cleaner game this time.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw we got the Bengals I was high fivin every one. Now as the week goes on...

I worry about McCarron pulling a "Tebow" on the Steelers. This defense seems like it's either making game changing plays or getting lit up. Love me some Ben. But he's got to be more careful with the ball without being too conservative. I worry a couple of picks and a lacking running game coupled with TebowV2.0 will be a headache.

Concerns aside the Steelers are just the better team, or offense. And I still like them in this one.

Steelers 24
Bengals 13

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be a sweat BUT the Steelers will pull it out.
Damn EWA where have you been??? Feels likes its been months since I've seen you around?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn EWA where have you been??? Feels likes its been months since I've seen you around?

It has been months since I could post. My Kindle died in November, the second one this year and work would let me read threads but not post. Got a new tablet for Christmas, so I am back online again.