• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football player issues.........Closer to the root

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins vs. Chiefs: Washington?s special teams sink to a new low - The Washington Post

The issues that currently beset this organization are deep. This report (if true) opens a entirely new set of questions concerning player perspectives, attitudes, and resentment relating to judgments made whatever their basis.

So, what are they actually saying.........It appears that some are saying that the guy in front of them didn't deserve to be there. If indeed they were starter worthy why were they not starting? How deep did the resentments go and grow as the team faltered? Did they discuss their viewpoints with their position coaches and HC. What action or inactions were the result of these discussions. Did some players retain their starter status because of the money paid them and not because they earned the start. Was the best team actually put on the field?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins vs. Chiefs: Washington?s special teams sink to a new low - The Washington Post

The issues that currently beset this organization are deep. This report (if true) opens a entirely new set of questions concerning player perspectives, attitudes, and resentment relating to judgments made whatever their basis.

So, what are they actually saying.........It appears that some are saying that the guy in front of them didn't deserve to be there. If indeed they were starter worthy why were they not starting? How deep did the resentments go and grow as the team faltered? Did they discuss their viewpoints with their position coaches and HC. What action or inactions were the result of these discussions. Did some players retain their starter status because of the money paid them and not because they earned the start. Was the best team actually put on the field?

I posted this article in another thread & I believe that you are somewhat missing the point. So what if a player believes that he should be starting on offense or defense? That is no excuse for not playing hard & being effective on special teams. Every player should be giving their all - especially the younger ones who have something to prove. They are not doing themselves any favors by pouting or dogging since they felt that they were disrespected.

It is this type of prima donna attitude that is a big part of the problem at Redskins park. I agree that there are some big coaching problems but players also need to be held accountable and - as I stated in the other thread - I would cut most of these guys if they continually displayed this type of attitude (unless they had huge upside or big contract both of which appear to be unlikely).

This team probably needs the opposite of what you appear to be advocating. They perhaps need someone who is less - not more - of a player's coach.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this article in another thread & I believe that you are somewhat missing the point. So what if a player believes that he should be starting on offense or defense? That is no excuse for not playing hard & being effective on special teams. Every player should be giving their all - especially the younger ones who have something to prove. They are not doing themselves any favors by pouting or dogging since they felt that they were disrespected.

It is this type of prima donna attitude that is a big part of the problem at Redskins park. I agree that there are some big coaching problems but players also need to be held accountable and - as I stated in the other thread - I would cut most of these guys if they continually displayed this type of attitude (unless they had huge upside or big contract both of which appear to be unlikely).

This team probably needs the opposite of what you appear to be advocating. They perhaps need someone who is less - not more - of a player's coach.

coaching issue on special teams plain and simple . frankly niles paul should close his mouth and fix himself

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You start if the coaches say you start. You may be more talented than another player; however, that doesn't mean you should start.

If you miss your assignments, that's mental. If you don't give 100% in practice, that's character. It goes beyond talent.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You start if the coaches say you start. You may be more talented than another player; however, that doesn't mean you should start.

If you miss your assignments, that's mental. If you don't give 100% in practice, that's character. It goes beyond talent.

Yep & I really doubt that there is all of this hidden talent on the Redskins. If it is there the difference is marginal and/or the talent is accompanied by a bunch of other mental & other issues (e.g. Davis). If this is true this also shows how stupid some of these players are to discount the importance of special teams. Good play on these units could have accounted for possibly a few more wins for this team this season & in the process some of these guys would be noticed & possibly move up the depth chart in the future.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find really funny is that they don't think coaches play the guys they feel give them the best chance for victory.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find really funny is that they don't think coaches play the guys they feel give them the best chance for victory.

these guys are like justuceo part dew

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It funny you mention Justus. Stymie reminds me of him. If I didn't know better........

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It funny you mention Justus. Stymie reminds me of him. If I didn't know better........

One player Justus always ragged on was Doughty. While he probably should be replaced at Safety (once they find a capable replacement) I give the guy huge props for his effort on D (one of the few guys who does not have tackling issues) and on special teams (where I am sure he has made mistakes but is probably the best of a poor group). I wish everyone on the team had his attitude. You certainly need talent, but teams also need guys like him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doughty is absolutely the type of player you want on your team. In fact, you would like to have 10 of him. He does what ever he is asked, he gives it his all. Is he a starting S talent? Probably not. But he still plays adequately. People calling for him to be cut have no clue what is needed when filling out a roster.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take all personal attacks as compliments.........they say more about you than myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One player Justus always ragged on was Doughty. While he probably should be replaced at Safety (once they find a capable replacement) I give the guy huge props for his effort on D (one of the few guys who does not have tackling issues) and on special teams (where I am sure he has made mistakes but is probably the best of a poor group). I wish everyone on the team had his attitude. You certainly need talent, but teams also need guys like him.

That is the reason I have always loved Reed. He doesn't have the speed others have. If he did he would be a great player but he gives maximum effort all the time. He is a football player, just not a fast one. If more players played like him the team would be better.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take all personal attacks as compliments.........they say more about you than myself.

I am not sure why your OP warranted a personal attack. I have nothing against you or anyone else on this forum. We all just sometimes see things differently. It is all good IMO since most of us are Redskins fans & want the same thing in the end.

HTTR