• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was Jordan a crybaby?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Was, is, will be.

He also lies. Issues with him there are.

Also GOAT, so we all can suck it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect for him bullying his teammates. Obviously, he was cool with stealing lunch money, but he gave guys a chance to keep it. You lose focus though, yoink.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
second only to phil jackson.
I lived in Chicago when the Bulls were running things. I like the NBA, but I couldn't stand the bunch of them. Didn't got to a single Bulls Game during their run. Finally went to a game after they broke 'em up.

True Story: Norm Van Lier was part of a Sunday Night Sports Show in Chicago, and they were talking about Phil Jackson whining about something. Norm said something like: Phil likes to talk about when he played for the Bulls. Let me tell you something, when he played for the Bulls, I was on the court, and he was at the end of the bench! lol.

Still makes me laugh thinking about that.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Chicago when the Bulls were running things. I like the NBA, but I couldn't stand the bunch of them. Didn't got to a single Bulls Game during their run. Finally went to a game after they broke 'em up.

True Story: Norm Van Lier was part of a Sunday Night Sports Show in Chicago, and they were talking about Phil Jackson whining about something. Norm said something like: Phil likes to talk about when he played for the Bulls. Let me tell you something, when he played for the Bulls, I was on the court, and he was at the end of the bench! lol.

Still makes me laugh thinking about that.

i was a lakers fan, and my opinion of jackson didn't change when he joined the lakers.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was a crybaby for trading Laron Profit (played 4 years in the league) for Brendan Haywood (14 years, 9 with the Wizards)? Seems like a smart trade to me.

Pretty sure Jordan didn’t know that when he traded a guy who was mean to him in practice.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Jordan didn’t know that when he traded a guy who was mean to him in practice.

Whatever the true reason for the trade was I don't care. I'll look at their career numbers instead. And Haywood had a much better career. Profit spent a year in Italy & 2 years in China before returning to the league for one more season. In 4 years he only played in 135 games starting 18. It turned out to be a smart trade.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the true reason for the trade was I don't care. I'll look at their career numbers instead. And Haywood had a much better career. Profit spent a year in Italy & 2 years in China before returning to the league for one more season. In 4 years he only played in 135 games starting 18. It turned out to be a smart trade.

What's that old saying about a blind squirrel?

Mike Garrett was a terrible AD. But he hired Pete Carroll.

Pete happened to be on campus one day because he has a daughter who was on the USC Women's Volleyball team. He was there for 1 of her games.

He ends up meeting with Mike Garrett, they talk and Garrett offers him the job.

He wasn't anywhere close to being on USC's radar.

Sometimes, you just get lucky. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that old saying about a blind squirrel?

Mike Garrett was a terrible AD. But he hired Pete Carroll.

Pete happened to be on campus one day because he has a daughter who was on the USC Women's Volleyball team. He was there for 1 of her games.

He ends up meeting with Mike Garrett, they talk and Garrett offers him the job.

He wasn't anywhere close to being on USC's radar.

Sometimes, you just get lucky. lol

Urban Meyer will be USC's next HC in 2022.

:urbs:

He's too young to never coach again.

But keep an eye out for N.D.'s # 1 lucky leprechaun Lou Holtz. He'll try to work his South Bend magic & lure the Urbanator with a pot of gold.

:lou:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer will be USC's next HC in 2022.

:urbs:

He's too young to never coach again.

But keep an eye out for N.D.'s # 1 lucky leprechaun Lou Holtz. He'll try to work his South Bend magic & lure the Urbanator with a pot of gold.

:lou:

lol

I don't see USC hiring Meyer. Despite all of the rumors re: interest between him and USC after last season...it turned out he was never even considered for the job.

I will say though, I'd have to think that this is it for Helton. He survived a 5-7 season, he survived all of the off-season rumors that he was gone, he survived bringing in the worst recruiting class in USC history and he was able to upgrade his coaching staff at every position.

If there isn't significant improvement, I think he'll be gone. But I'd be shocked if Meyer was his replacement.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I don't see USC hiring Meyer. Despite all of the rumors re: interest between him and USC after last season...it turned out he was never even considered for the job.

I will say though, I'd have to think that this is it for Helton. He survived a 5-7 season, he survived all of the off-season rumors that he was gone, he survived bringing in the worst recruiting class in USC history and he was able to upgrade his coaching staff at every position.

If there isn't significant improvement, I think he'll be gone. But I'd be shocked if Meyer was his replacement.

Okay I gotta another suggestion. When USC is looking for a new HC in 2 years how about this booger eater? He'll be looking for a job by then.

HfzeVnj.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I gotta another suggestion. When USC is looking for a new HC in 2 years how about this booger eater? He'll be looking for a job by then.

View attachment 243595

lol

He's not going anywhere, any time soon.

Michigan folks are taking his kool-aid in IV drips.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

He's not going anywhere, any time soon.

Michigan folks are taking his kool-aid in IV drips.

It took 5 years but I finally figured out something positive for Jimmy Jam since his glorious return to ann arbor.

He's never lost a spring game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took 5 years but I finally figured out something positive for Jimmy Jam since his glorious return to ann arbor.

He's never lost a spring game.

Or a sleepover.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was a crybaby for trading Laron Profit (played 4 years in the league) for Brendan Haywood (14 years, 9 with the Wizards)? Seems like a smart trade to me.

Well, it was Laron Profit + a 1st rounder for Haywood. Haywood definitely had the better career, but the Wizards probably still gave up too much for him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took me ten minutes to figure out LaRon Profit was a guys name.
Since they were talking about an NBA player that's not something I would brag about

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they were talking about an NBA player that's not something I would brag about

Yeah, I would never have even went to the NBA forum except it was on front page and I was curious. Was talking about jordan and business and his name is Profit. I was trying to figure out what a "LaRon" Profit was in basketball.