• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Fans

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is closer to five players or more from being a championship team. Sounds like someone is on an acid trip. lol

I mean.

Give them a Clippers summer adding 2 great players and they are right there.

But that isn’t happening.

@dtgold88 is making 2 mistakes:

1) underrating LeBron’s impact- there is not a single player in the NBA today with the same impact LeBron had in 2018
2) underrating how much better the East is today vs. 2 years ago.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your math...

KD

=

KD
Klay
Iggy
Livingston
Cook
Cousins

Gotcha

Cousins never really played on the team so I wouldn't add him into the core. Cook was a bench player. Livingston was an important piece but by last year he was a shell of himself.

Steph shouldn't get hate bc this team is trash but he is a guy that needs everything working well around him to win. He isn't a guy like Lebron, RW, Harden or these other guys that can could take a team on his back almost every night and win games...he will never be that guy. I think that's what everyone means....either way hard to carry this team to victories.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow even for you this is beyond irrational. For THIS discussion the hypothetical was they have an elite wing.

In previous years when they had Lebron and he sat they would lose nearly every game (and that was WITH Kyrie). Those teams went to the Finals.

Maybe you aren't better than this.

LeBron wasn’t just an elite wing.

He was 1B in the GOAT conversation.

He has since faded.

That player does not exist today.

Even if he did, still probably would not be enough. Because the top of the East is a lot better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is closer to five players or more from being a championship team. Sounds like someone is on an acid trip. lol
This Cleveland team is probably more talented than their last Finals' team around Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins never really played on the team so I wouldn't add him into the core. Cook was a bench player. Livingston was an important piece but by last year he was a shell of himself.

Steph shouldn't get hate bc this team is trash but he is a guy that needs everything working well around him to win. He isn't a guy like Lebron, RW, Harden or these other guys that can could take a team on his back almost every night and win games...he will never be that guy. I think that's what everyone means....either way hard to carry this team to victories.

I agree with that.

Also why @lebron23james is an idiot for trying to equate Cleveland missing Love and Kyrie to GS missing Klay and Draymond.

Cleveland’s success was driven by LeBron. They weren’t winning a title without the other 2, but they were still damn good.

The Warriors were dependent on all 3 stars almost equally, but for very different things. Steph just got the most credit because his offensive skill set produced the elite numbers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cleveland team is probably more talented than their last Finals' team around Lebron.

Totally agree.

And yet still would not be a contender today.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, . Kevin Love does suck now. His body is best up, he is declining and over paid besides being past his prime

Just found this tidbit, but didn't verify.......

Thru Kevin Love’s first 5 games with the #Cavs this season he has: 86 PTS, 84 REB and 24 AST.

The only other player in NBA History to reach all 3 of those marks after his team’s first 5 games of a season was Wilt “The Stilt” Chamberlain in 1966 with the 76ers.

He added 29, 8 and 2 in game 6.

sucks?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t.

Wake me up when Cleveland signs a superstar wing.

4 years ago I said Kyrie was a selfish player that didn’t really make his teams that much better despite his other worldly talents. I was spot on right about him.

Love? Puts up great stats. Also has obvious flaws and is playing in an era that is a great fit for his offensive skill set and a very poor fit for his defensive skill set thus mitigating his total value.

If this roster truly is a player away from being a contender, then they should win 45 games this year.

They won’t get close to that.

Because TT and Love are good players posting great stats on a bad team. And Love never has been, and never will be a #2 on a championship caliber team.

Yeah they have a long way to go. I said this many times but they will have to build through the draft. The only way I could see them signing a big name player is if Garland and/or Sexton become a star and another star wants to play with them. Right now, the Cavs have a long way to go though to even make the playoffs.
Sexton is the bright spot and a young talent.
Garland has a LONG way to go.
I do like some of their role players but again most of them are young and one is hurt.
Liking this frontcourt but it isn't going to get them into the playoffs.

To get far in the playoffs or contend they would need to acquire a star AND most of these young players would have to improve a lot and one of them would have to blossom into a star.

So they would have a young player blossom into a star. They would acquire a star. Love could be a #3 option depending on what the other young players blossom into and they would have a pretty nice bench with young players as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron wasn’t just an elite wing.

He was 1B in the GOAT conversation.

He has since faded.

That player does not exist today.

Even if he did, still probably would not be enough. Because the top of the East is a lot better.
OK...your deflection is still strong. You add the elite wing you'd like to the Cavs team. Kawhi? PG? someone else?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found this tidbit, but didn't verify.......

Thru Kevin Love’s first 5 games with the #Cavs this season he has: 86 PTS, 84 REB and 24 AST.

The only other player in NBA History to reach all 3 of those marks after his team’s first 5 games of a season was Wilt “The Stilt” Chamberlain in 1966 with the 76ers.

He added 29, 8 and 2 in game 6.

sucks?

He is back to doing what he does best, but up empty gaudy stats for bad teams. I enjoyed it for years! I would also take him back for Wiggins right now......

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, . Kevin Love does suck now. His body is best up, he is declining and over paid besides being past his prime

He has never been a great defender but saying he sucks is beyond idiotic.

He is an elite rebounder, solid outside shooter that can get hot at times, a good passer...his weak spot has been his defense but that's exactly why he isn't a #1 or #2 on a championship team. Get stars around him and a nice fit...and he can be a very tough cover especially on nights like last night where he is making his 3 ball

He isn't carrying a below average team to the playoffs. He can put up great stats. Saying he sucks is just stupid though

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Lebron? Or another elite wing of your choosing?

Yeah...you aren't better than this.

I am not deflecting.

Add Kawhi to this team and they are not a title contender.

I said that pretty clearly.

Kawhi is great.

He is not 2016 LeBron.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they have a long way to go. I said this many times but they will have to build through the draft. The only way I could see them signing a big name player is if Garland and/or Sexton become a star and another star wants to play with them. Right now, the Cavs have a long way to go though to even make the playoffs.
Sexton is the bright spot and a young talent.
Garland has a LONG way to go.
I do like some of their role players but again most of them are young and one is hurt.
Liking this frontcourt but it isn't going to get them into the playoffs.

To get far in the playoffs or contend they would need to acquire a star AND most of these young players would have to improve a lot and one of them would have to blossom into a star.

So they would have a young player blossom into a star. They would acquire a star. Love could be a #3 option depending on what the other young players blossom into and they would have a pretty nice bench with young players as well.
Agree completely...but this discussion was if the Cavs could compete for a title if they did add an elite wing to the team.

I think the team is more talented than they were the last year they made the Finals (comparing this team to that one minus Lebron). Add an elite player to them (yeah...I get not happening) and they are a Finals' contender in the Easy IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not deflecting.

Add Kawhi to this team and they are not a title contender.

I said that pretty clearly.

Kawhi is great.

He is not 2016 LeBron.
But if he is 2018 Kawhi (and why wouldn't he be) they are as good as last year's East contenders.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has never been a great defender but saying he sucks is beyond idiotic.

He is an elite rebounder, solid outside shooter that can get hot at times, a good passer...his weak spot has been his defense but that's exactly why he isn't a #1 or #2 on a championship team. Get stars around him and a nice fit...and he can be a very tough cover especially on nights like last night where he is making his 3 ball

He isn't carrying a below average team to the playoffs. He can put up great stats. Saying he sucks is just stupid though
Mostly agree......though with Love as a #2 the only team that could beat them was one considered to be among the best ever. He is 2 years older, though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree completely...but this discussion was if the Cavs could compete for a title if they did add an elite wing to the team.

I think the team is more talented than they were the last year they made the Finals (comparing this team to that one minus Lebron). Add an elite player to them (yeah...I get not happening) and they are a Finals' contender in the Easy IMO.

There are different levels of elite and Lebron wasn't on the elite level, he was on tier higher than that...godly. So again, depends.

Either way they aren't adding a wing in FA. They have to either draft one or hope Windler or Porter Jr blossoms into that guy

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is back to doing what he does best, but up empty gaudy stats for bad teams. I enjoyed it for years! I would also take him back for Wiggins right now......
How are they empty since he accrues these numbers when games are in the balance?

we aren't talking the QB who throws for 200 yards in the 4th qtr. down by 4 TDs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree......though with Love as a #2 the only team that could beat them was one considered to be among the best ever. He is 2 years older, though.

But they had Lebron...again, that isn't an elite wing. We are talking about the #2 player of all-time. That is a legendary wing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are different levels of elite and Lebron wasn't on the elite level, he was on tier higher than that...godly. So again, depends.

Either way they aren't adding a wing in FA. They have to either draft one or hope Windler or Porter Jr blossoms into that guy
Cannot see it being Windler or Porter. 2018 Kawhi doesn't do it?