• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Fans

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I have different definitions of contending.

Contending to me means they have a chance to win a title.

And no. Add Kawhi Leonard to that team and they don’t win a title. The East is not what it was 2 years ago. Maybe they win a playoff series, but they aren’t contenders. And since there are quite a few teams a player like Kawhi could join and make them legit contenders, no way a guy like him is picking Cleveland.

So like I said, Cleveland is not in the ballpark of being close. Because they don’t have a realistic pathway to get that guy. And even if they did, not sure the rest of the core is good enough. LeBron ain’t walking through that door.
TT, Love, Kawhi, Sexton and Garland could not contend for a Finals' trip in the East?

Take Kawhi (as part of that Cavs' roster) and Lebron out of the equation and draft players from the Cavs and Lakers. AD goes first. How would you pick after that?

Bet if Lebron was picking Love, Sexton and TT are 3 of his next 4 choices.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and saying that implies they lost an elite player and brought in an elite player.

I didn't imply that they lost an elite FA and brought in another. I said that exactly. What I didn't say was that Durant = D-Lo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't imply that they lost an elite FA and brought in another. I said that exactly. What I didn't say was that Durant = D-Lo.

You kind of did - "So, they lost one elite FA and landed another shortly after in the same off-season."

Perhaps not Durant = DLo, but you did call D-Lo elite.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kind of did - "So, they lost one elite FA and landed another shortly after in the same off-season."

No, I kind of didn't. As I pointed out with the MJ/Kobe analogy. 1 elite player can be better than another elite player. Pretty sure everyone else was able to figure out that I wasn't saying Durant = D-Lo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I kind of didn't. As I pointed out with the MJ/Kobe analogy. 1 elite player can be better than another elite player. Pretty sure everyone else was able to figure out that I wasn't saying Durant = D-Lo.
Yeah...and as I said, maybe you didn't say Durant = D-Lo, but you DID call D-Lo elite which is absurd.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT, Love, Kawhi, Sexton and Garland could not contend for a Finals' trip in the East?

Take Kawhi (as part of that Cavs' roster) and Lebron out of the equation and draft players from the Cavs and Lakers. AD goes first. How would you pick after that?

Contend for a Finals trip?

What does that even mean?

I don’t think that group could beat Philly and Milwaukee. So no.

And they might not even be able to win a playoff series.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contend for a Finals trip?

What does that even mean?

I don’t think that group could beat Philly and Milwaukee. So no.

And they might not even be able to win a playoff series.
Contend for a Finals trip means they can contend to make it to the Finals. Seemed pretty self explanatory.

Feel free to answer the question....Cavs/Lakers in a draft minus Lebron. AD goes first. Then......?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Became a fan of all my teams when I was 8 and have stuck with them (except the Rams, fuck them).

Ha! I have you beat. I was 7! The first Niners game I watched was rough. Lost to the NY Giants by 40 or so points in the playoffs and Joe Montana was literally put in an ambulance. I'm convinced the New York Giants had a bounty on him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contend for a Finals trip means they can contend to make it to the Finals. Seemed pretty self explanatory.

Feel free to answer the question....Cavs/Lakers in a draft minus Lebron. AD goes first. Then......?

What?

Having AD and LeBron are kind of a big deal. 2 superstars. The Cavs have 0.

Even if they had the next 4 best players (don’t think that is true) it doesn’t matter.

And I don’t think the Lakers are the best team in the West. But they are contenders.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can still ask.....never said they'd sign one but there is that draft event they hold every year and they allow trades.

will it be easy? Hell no. But also not the point. The point is they do have a core to compete.
They don't have enough salary under the cap. in fact they have none whatsoever

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA definitely needs to come back to Seattle. The Sonics are still firmly ingrained in basketball history and fan consciousness, I believe. I'm not old enough to remember their last championship, but they had some fun teams in the '80s and '90s.

We have a NHL team coming. The area's big but it's not big enough to support 4 major sports teams (5 if you count the Sounders with MLS seriously on the rise now).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I have you beat. I was 7! The first Niners game I watched was rough. Lost to the NY Giants by 40 or so points in the playoffs and Joe Montana was literally put in an ambulance. I'm convinced the New York Giants had a bounty on him.
Also a little earlier for me. Almost 6 and went to see the 0-9 Browns beat the Bengals. Bro and dad insisted I keep going and we won the other 2 games I attended that year. Kept going until I left in 1985

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

Having AD and LeBron are kind of a big deal. 2 superstars. The Cavs have 0.

Even if they had the next 4 best players (don’t think that is true) it doesn’t matter.

And I don’t think the Lakers are the best team in the West. But they are contenders.
Love, while not AD, doesn't exactly suck. He is an excellent compliment to Lebron. As is TT (and TT allows Love to be the PF while AD has to play center more than he wants.

Doesn't matter? come on...you're smarter than that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have enough salary under the cap. in fact they have none whatsoever
Also not the point as this is a hypothetical. Could they acquire an elite wing now? Nope...but the idea if they had one they could not compete for a title is absurd.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love, while not AD, doesn't exactly suck. He is an excellent compliment to Lebron. As is TT (and TT allows Love to be the PF while AD has to play center more than he wants.

It doesn’t.

Wake me up when Cleveland signs a superstar wing.

4 years ago I said Kyrie was a selfish player that didn’t really make his teams that much better despite his other worldly talents. I was spot on right about him.

Love? Puts up great stats. Also has obvious flaws and is playing in an era that is a great fit for his offensive skill set and a very poor fit for his defensive skill set thus mitigating his total value.

If this roster truly is a player away from being a contender, then they should win 45 games this year.

They won’t get close to that.

Because TT and Love are good players posting great stats on a bad team. And Love never has been, and never will be a #2 on a championship caliber team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not the point as this is a hypothetical. Could they acquire an elite wing now? Nope...but the idea if they had one they could not compete for a title is absurd.
There is no hypothetical here. That is the acid in you talking. The season has started, there no elite players available and the Warriors are 30 million over the salary cap.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t.

4 years ago I said Kyrie was a selfish player that didn’t really make his teams that much better despite his other worldly talents. I was spot on right about him.

Love? Puts up great stats. Also has obvious flaws and is playing in an era that is a great fit for his offensive skill set and a very poor fit for his defensive skill set thus mitigating his total value.

If this roster truly is a player away from being a contender, then they should win 45 games this year.

Because TT and Love are good players posting great stats on a bad team. And Love never has been, and never will be a #2 on a championship caliber team.
Cleveland is closer to five players or more from being a championship team. Sounds like someone is on an acid trip. lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, . Kevin Love does suck now. His body is best up, he is declining and over paid besides being past his prime

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t.

Wow even for you this is beyond irrational. For THIS discussion the hypothetical was they have an elite wing.

In previous years when they had Lebron and he sat they would lose nearly every game (and that was WITH Kyrie). Those teams went to the Finals.

Maybe you aren't better than this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no hypothetical here. That is the acid in you talking. The season has started, there no elite players available and the Warriors are 30 million over the salary cap.
Occasionally we do, in fact, have hypothetical discussions and we were here. Stay focused.