• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Fans

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they had Lebron...again, that isn't an elite wing. We are talking about the #2 player of all-time. That is a legendary wing.
Fair....and this team is more talented than the one he dragged to the Finals.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they empty since he accrues these numbers when games are in the balance?

we aren't talking the QB who throws for 200 yards in the 4th qtr. down by 4 TDs.

I will admit I assumed that Loves stats came with this attempts also increasing. Looking into it that I was wrong, Still only taking around 12 a game which is awesome. However, he is clearly the best player on the team as of right now. If he is the 1, your team is not winning a lot.

I am not one saying he is bad now, he is a similar player he has always been, although he has improved his passing. It it always nice when a player is still adding elements to his game past 30.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, one of the only watchable part of the Wolves for years(and Pek). There is a direct correlation between talk of his awesome stats and team losses though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit I assumed that Loves stats came with this attempts also increasing. Looking into it that I was wrong, Still only taking around 12 a game which is awesome. However, he is clearly the best player on the team as of right now. If he is the 1, your team is not winning a lot.

I am not one saying he is bad now, he is a similar player he has always been, although he has improved his passing. It it always nice when a player is still adding elements to his game past 30.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, one of the only watchable part of the Wolves for years(and Pek). There is a direct correlation between talk of his awesome stats and team losses though.
No doubt if he is your #1 you are not going very far. I wouldn't even rip his time in Minny which it seems you don't. As mentioned, to me, empty stats are when you put them up when the game is over.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he is 2018 Kawhi (and why wouldn't he be) they are as good as last year's East contenders.

Not even close.

Because Siakam, Lowry, Gasol, Green, FVV, Ibaka + are ALOT better than Cleveland’s current core.

Good news is that core minus Danny Green is still playing together. And they will get 45-50 wins. Meanwhile Cleveland will be lucky to get 35.

Are you actually suggesting Cleveland is as good as Toronto?

Are you really that much of a homer to believe that?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree......though with Love as a #2 the only team that could beat them was one considered to be among the best ever. He is 2 years older, though.

No.

A lot of teams could have beaten them.

They happened to all reside in the West.

The East was utter trash in 2018 compared to now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

A lot of teams could have beaten them.

They happened to all reside in the West.

The East was utter trash in 2018 compared to now.
could have...but also might have lost to cavs.

Extreme comment in 3...2....1?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close.

Because Siakam, Lowry, Gasol, Green, FVV, Ibaka + are ALOT better than Cleveland’s current core.

Good news is that core minus Danny Green is still playing together. And they will get 45-50 wins. Meanwhile Cleveland will be lucky to get 35.

Are you actually suggesting Cleveland is as good as Toronto?

Are you really that much of a homer to believe that?
Extreme comment came earlier than I thought. In fact, most of those guys were shell shocked against those Cavs teams...and this Cavs team is better (the core minus Lebron).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot see it being Windler or Porter. 2018 Kawhi doesn't do it?

No, he doesn't, imo.

Right now, through 6 games, Kawhi is putting up the best stats of his career. He's averaging 29.3ppg, 7.3rpg and 5.7apg.

Those are basically Lebrons career average numbers (27.2, 7.4, 7.3).

In fact, right now, through 6 games, Lebron is averaging 25.5, 8.0, 11.2, so he's very close to the career numbers Kawhi is putting up.

Last year, when Kawhi went crazy in the playoffs, he averaged 30.5ppg, 9.1rpg and 3.9apg.

Lebron's career playoff numbers are 28.9ppg, 8.9rpg and 7.1apg.

In his last year with the Cavs, Lebron averaged 34.0ppg, 9.1rpg and 9.0apg in the playoffs after playing in all 82 regular season games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he doesn't, imo.

Right now, through 6 games, Kawhi is putting up the best stats of his career. He's averaging 29.3ppg, 7.3rpg and 5.7apg.

Those are basically Lebrons career average numbers (27.2, 7.4, 7.3).

In fact, right now, through 6 games, Lebron is averaging 25.5, 8.0, 11.2, so he's very close to the career numbers Kawhi is putting up.

Last year, when Kawhi went crazy in the playoffs, he averaged 30.5ppg, 9.1rpg and 3.9apg.

Lebron's career playoff numbers are 28.9ppg, 8.9rpg and 7.1apg.

In his last year with the Cavs, Lebron averaged 34.0ppg, 9.1rpg and 9.0apg after playing in all 82 regular season games.
That's what I'm saying......with 2018 Kawhi on THIS Cavs team they contend in the East. Not like he was not elite in reg. season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot see it being Windler or Porter. 2018 Kawhi doesn't do it?

Haven't seen Windler play. I really like Porter Jr....but remember he is 19. It could be 3-4 years before we see what he can transform into.

With Kawhi they would be a playoff team in the East...wouldn't say contender.

Sure, fun team to watch in this hypothetical-no point in talking about conversation.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found this tidbit, but didn't verify.......

Thru Kevin Love’s first 5 games with the #Cavs this season he has: 86 PTS, 84 REB and 24 AST.

The only other player in NBA History to reach all 3 of those marks after his team’s first 5 games of a season was Wilt “The Stilt” Chamberlain in 1966 with the 76ers.

He added 29, 8 and 2 in game 6.

sucks?
I suppose I should have looked at his stats first, but he's too old to build around and injury prone.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean.

Give them a Clippers summer adding 2 great players and they are right there.

But that isn’t happening.

@dtgold88 is making 2 mistakes:

1) underrating LeBron’s impact- there is not a single player in the NBA today with the same impact LeBron had in 2018
2) underrating how much better the East is today vs. 2 years ago.
Sure not happening this year

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extreme comment came earlier than I thought. In fact, most of those guys were shell shocked against those Cavs teams...and this Cavs team is better (the core minus Lebron).

Extreme comment?

Aside from Lowry, Most of these guys weren’t on the Raptors or were not players. And those teams were scared of LeBron.

How much do you want to bet on who finishes with the better record?

I will even give you 10 games. Because it isn’t close.

Toronto’s current core is a lot better than Cleveland’s.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying......with 2018 Kawhi on THIS Cavs team they contend in the East. Not like he was not elite in reg. season.

You do realize that in the first line of @trojanfan12 post that you agreed with, he said that Kawhi would not make this Cleveland team a contender this year?

At least you are consistent.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen Windler play. I really like Porter Jr....but remember he is 19. It could be 3-4 years before we see what he can transform into.

With Kawhi they would be a playoff team in the East...wouldn't say contender.

Sure, fun team to watch in this hypothetical-no point in talking about conversation.
Can't deny we don't know and no way to prove it. But I do like my chances with TT, Love, Kawhi, Garland, Sexton, Clarkson, Nance, Osman, Porter and Windler (granted, who really know with the latter 3 as of now)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think @dtgold88 still thinks the Cavs had a good core in 2018.

They were a shit show beyond LeBron.

They made it to the Finals because:

A) LeBron was godlike
B) he rest of the East was awful. Either scared of LeBron or just learning how to win (PHI, MIL)

And even despite that, IMO the Cavs weren’t really title contenders. Because the only way they could have beaten GS is epic injury woes like they face currently.

And everyone knew it before the series started. Arguably the biggest mismatch in Finals history.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't deny we don't know and no way to prove it. But I do like my chances with TT, Love, Kawhi, Garland, Sexton, Clarkson, Nance, Osman, Porter and Windler (granted, who really know with the latter 3 as of now)

We absolutely can price that the Current Raptors minus Kawhi are better than the current Cavs.

Want to bet on that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extreme comment?

Aside from Lowry, Most of these guys weren’t on the Raptors or were not players. And those teams were scared of LeBron.

How much do you want to bet on who finishes with the better record?

I will even give you 10 games. Because it isn’t close.

Toronto’s current core is a lot better than Cleveland’s.
Thinking more about it I have to say you are right (still think a couple issues might be extreme). Also would point out Love and TT often had their way against those Toronto teams. Not just Lebron.

However, probably right they might not go as far as I was saying as Sexton/Garland too young. Kyrie was 5 years in when they started making runs with Lebron. Isn't to say either can be Kyrie.

Look at me owning off base comments (not directed at you).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) LeBron was godlike
B) he rest of the East was awful. Either scared of LeBron or just learning how to win (PHI, MIL)

And even despite that, IMO the Cavs weren’t really title contenders. Because the only way they could have beaten GS is epic injury woes like they face currently.

And everyone knew it before the series started. Arguably the biggest mismatch in Finals history.
all that said would like to have seen what they would have done if not for the JR brain fart in Game 1 if they pulled it out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) LeBron was godlike

I thought it was a given and everyone knew that LeBron carried that team on his back.