• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Fans

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry or Thompson will be gone by trade deadline.

Have you ever posted anything correct here? I'm completely serious. This site is almost all very smart basketball people, so when you say really stupid shit, what do you think your audience is thinking? I'm genuinely curious, what is the goal here?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Durant left Westbrook carried this team on his back to the playoffs. I don't see what the issue for Curry is here.
So by your math...

KD

=

KD
Klay
Iggy
Livingston
Cook
Cousins

Gotcha

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever posted anything correct here? I'm completely serious. This site is almost all very smart basketball people, so when you say really stupid shit, what do you think your audience is thinking? I'm genuinely curious, what is the goal here?

What are they gonna do exactly? Stick around? They wont even be in the playoff race this year. They'll be lucky to even win 30 games. Time is money the GS ship has already sunk. Its rebuilding time. All they got left is crappy role player Green.. Gimme a break :L Curry is already 31. He doesn't have a whole lot of prime years left. "Smart basketball people" as you say should KNOW when a ship has already sunk. Guess you all aren't that smart

The west is stronger now. The Warriors have a ZERO chance of any real title future at this point with an aging, heavy mileage core nucleus that they have now. The run is over. Time to break it up.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they gonna do exactly? Stick around? They wont even be in the playoff race this year. They'll be lucky to even win 30 games. Time is money the GS ship has already sunk. Its rebuilding time. All they got left is crappy role player Green.. Gimme a break :L Curry is already 31. He doesn't have a whole lot of prime years left. "Smart basketball people" as you say should KNOW when a ship has already sunk. Guess you all aren't that smart

The west is stronger now. The Warriors have a ZERO chance of any real title future at this point with an aging, heavy mileage core nucleus that they have now. The run is over. Time to break it up.
I'm serious though. Don't you read what people write here? No one buys your stupid shit, and I genuinely don't understand what you are trying to do. You've never posted anything remotely correct.

All I'll say re the Warriors, is that this is obviously a rebuild year. They have a core of guys still in their prime and they will build on it for next year, with a nice high lottery pick and whoever they get for Russell.

So back to you...why do you post like this?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be an interesting theory except for one thing. If you was right which you're not, the Warriors wouldn't have resigned Thompson to a max contract knowing he wouldn't even be playing and then trading for Russell, so the obviously intend to build around the splash brothers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they aren’t. A contender?

LOL.

And you aren’t signing an elite wing. That ship has sailed.

I don’t particularly care what GS has done outside the last half decade. They have a great ownership group, a market that has proven attractive to FAs and a superstar that other stars like playing with.
You said they don't have a core to contend. An elite wing with Love, TT, Sexton and Garland could not contend in the East? Come on. Never said they'd sign an elite wing. Maybe they draft or trade for one, but not the point. You said the core is not there and that is false.

On to GS......They proved attractive to one FA, and he chose to leave. Who were the others? I guess Russell (but he only came because the elite FA left)...but is he long for GS since he plays the same position as the guy others want to play with?

Who is the last draft pick that has become more than a JAG that has you so convinced THIS group is better off?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't even have to tank on purpose, their best players are.out for months
Agreed....but now you will see them stay out longer than they would if they needed them to play, which is smart.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to ask where in the hell he expects to find an elite wing to sign
You can still ask.....never said they'd sign one but there is that draft event they hold every year and they allow trades.

will it be easy? Hell no. But also not the point. The point is they do have a core to compete.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even then they would not be title contenders
That would make them a mid seed playoff team
An elite wing, TT, Love, Garland and Sexton only makes them a 4-5 in the East? Come on.

want to say they can't find an elite wing? OK. It wont be easy. But absurd to think adding one and they couldn't be more than a 4-5 seed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they gonna do exactly? Stick around? They wont even be in the playoff race this year. They'll be lucky to even win 30 games. Time is money the GS ship has already sunk. Its rebuilding time. All they got left is crappy role player Green.. Gimme a break :L Curry is already 31. He doesn't have a whole, who lot of prime years left. "Smart basketball people" as you say should KNOW when a ship has already sunk. Guess you all aren't that smart

Wow. He asks you why you continue to post crap that is wrong and that no one here buys...and your move is to double down. :L

They lost KD was going to be out for the season anyway. They lost Klay for the season and Curry for 3 months. Klay and Dray are each 29 and Curry is 31.

Curry's game should age well since he's mainly a perimeter guy. I'm sure all 3 will benefit physically from not having to make another deep run (or any run at all).

As others have pointed out, they'll have a high draft pick, they'll almost certainly move D-Lo and maybe Dray at some point. They may even be able to package their pick with D-Lo and/or Dray.

In short, the Warriors are going to take some beatings this year. Teams aren't going to feel sorry for them and are going to want to make them pay for the past few years.

But next year, when they have Steph and Klay and whoever else they have picked up...they should be right back in the mix.

Maybe not the prohibitive favorites they have been, but definitely in the mix.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said they don't have a core to contend. An elite wing with Love, TT, Sexton and Garland could not contend in the East?

Depends on your definition of contend.

Contend for the playoffs...yes.

Contend for a title...not likely.

On to GS......They proved attractive to one FA, and he chose to leave. Who were the others? I guess Russell (but he only came because the elite FA left)...but is he long for GS since he plays the same position as the guy others want to play with?

The only way they could sign another elite FA was if an elite FA left. They didn't have the cap space otherwise.

So, they lost one elite FA and landed another shortly after in the same off-season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your definition of contend.

Contend for the playoffs...yes.

Contend for a title...not likely.

The only way they could sign another elite FA was if an elite FA left. They didn't have the cap space otherwise.

So, they lost one elite FA and landed another shortly after in the same off-season.
You get to be elite you must be among the best of the best, right? Like a PG, Kawhi, Lebron type.

TT, Love, Kawhi/PG/Lebron, Garland, Sexton could not content for a title?

And, get serious....GS lost an elite FA and acquired a very good FA but one who plays the same position as their best player. Durant = DLo?

So again I ask, other than Durant who are the elite FAs GS has signed (and Durant left first chance he could)? Also, when is the last time they drafted a player who is more than a JAG?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get to be elite you must be among the best of the best, right? Like a PG, Kawhi, Lebron type.

TT, Love, Kawhi/PG/Lebron, Garland, Sexton could not content for a title?

And, get serious....GS lost an elite FA and acquired a very good FA but one who plays the same position as their best player. Durant = DLo?

So again I ask, other than Durant who are the elite FAs GS has signed (and Durant left first chance he could)? Also, when is the last time they drafted a player who is more than a JAG?

Lol. Lebron, PG, Kawhi. Didn't realize we were talking fantasyland.

And of course, KD doesn't equal D-Lo. But it doesn't change the fact that they lost an elite FA and got another very good to elite FA. Who did the Cavs get when Lebron left? Other than Lebron returning...who have they ever gotten?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And of course, KD doesn't equal D-Lo. But it doesn't change the fact that they lost an elite FA and got another very good to elite FA. Who did the Cavs get when Lebron left? Other than Lebron returning...who have they ever gotten?
Yeah sounds like only about 4 people qualify for his argument

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice deflection, but it was said with an elite wing player the Cavs still could not succeed. How about you pick the elite wing for our purposes here. How many "elite" players are there?

and, yes, you said DLo = Durant.

Try and follow, though.....I never said the Cavs could acquire such a player through FA. Gonna need to get lucky in the draft or in a trade. No matter how you dance, deflect, distort, etc, wont take away how absurd it is to say that even with an elite wing they could not contend.

Pick your guy and we can see what we think, though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deflection, but it was said with an elite wing player the Cavs still could not succeed. How about you pick the elite wing for our purposes here. How many "elite" players are there?

and, yes, you said DLo = Durant.

Try and follow, though.....I never said the Cavs could acquire such a player through FA. Gonna need to get lucky in the draft or in a trade. No matter how you dance, deflect, distort, etc, wont take away how absurd it is to say that even with an elite wing they could not contend.

Pick your guy and we can see what we think, though.

I never said D-Lo equals Durant. I said they lost an elite FA and got another one. You can have 2 elite players and 1 is better than the other. MJ was better than Kobe, but both were elite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said they don't have a core to contend. An elite wing with Love, TT, Sexton and Garland could not contend in the East? Come on. Never said they'd sign an elite wing. Maybe they draft or trade for one, but not the point. You said the core is not there and that is false.

Who is the last draft pick that has become more than a JAG that has you so convinced THIS group is better off?

You and I have different definitions of contending.

Contending to me means they have a chance to win a title.

And no. Add Kawhi Leonard to that team and they don’t win a title. The East is not what it was 2 years ago. Maybe they win a playoff series, but they aren’t contenders. And since there are quite a few teams a player like Kawhi could join and make them legit contenders, no way a guy like him is picking Cleveland.

So like I said, Cleveland is not in the ballpark of being close. Because they don’t have a realistic pathway to get that guy. And even if they did, not sure the rest of the core is good enough. LeBron ain’t walking through that door.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said D-Lo equals Durant. I said they lost an elite FA and got another one. You can have 2 elite players and 1 is better than the other. MJ was better than Kobe, but both were elite.
Yes, and saying that implies they lost an elite player and brought in an elite player.

which elite wing do we want to add to the cavs to form our opinion if they could contend?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and saying that implies they lost an elite player and brought in an elite player.

which elite wing do we want to add to the cavs to form our opinion if they could contend?

Rick Barry