• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors are winning the title

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, 2 rings kinda counts as significantly better...

just sayin'...:D

Kobe's an all time great for sure

But i have a hard time believing the Lakers win LESS if Lebron and Kobe swapped places

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

Not even in the same stratosphere.....Kobe did ONE thing better, and not significantly better

What's that one thing? Win?

I'm assuming that's what you're going for. Kobe was also a better defender. Better scorer. Better ball-handler.

Much better competitor.

LeBron was born with the better body. That has gone a long way towards narrowing the gap. His freakish athleticism and size has always allowed him to do things that no other man simply could ever do. By default that certainly makes him a better shot blocker. Better rebounder. Impossible to defend on a fast break.

That goes part and parcel with the fact that the body and athleticism he was born with that nobody else has gives him a comparable advantage to what Russell and Chamberlain had back in their day. Were they that much better than everyone else or were they simply born with unmatchable physical gifts?

From a skills perspective? What's he better at? He's a better passer. What else?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm assuming that's what you're going for. Kobe was also a better defender. Better scorer. Better ball-handler.

Much better competitor.

LeBron was born with the better body. That has gone a long way towards narrowing the gap. His freakish athleticism and size has always allowed him to do things that no other man simply could ever do. By default that certainly makes him a better shot blocker. Better rebounder. Impossible to defend on a fast break.

That goes part and parcel with the fact that the body and athleticism he was born with that nobody else has gives him a comparable advantage to what Russell and Chamberlain had back in their day. Were they that much better than everyone else or were they simply born with unmatchable physical gifts?

From a skills perspective? What's he better at? He's a better passer. What else?

Yeah, Better defender........Stop

Lebron guards all 5 positions at an above average level, something Kobe never did

Lebron has been making players around him better his entire career, something Kobe never did

Lebron has gone to 7 straight Finals now

Kobe was a better scorer I guess

or maybe not if you go by the 25 PPG he averaged in his career to the 27 Lebron has averaged in his career

I know you hate Lebron, thats been on full display here for a couple of weeks

But try to tone down the silliness

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's an all time great for sure

But i have a hard time believing the Lakers win LESS if Lebron and Kobe swapped places

Why go into an unprobable hypothetical when we can look at what really has happened.

They don't need to swap places. LeBron has won less.

These are not 2000's Cavs anymore either. LeBron has been playing with SuperTeams for 7 straight years.

Kobe won two titles with Pau Gasol. Who at best would be the 4th best teammate LeBron has played with. Probably 5th.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Much better competitor.

What a retarded thought process. Without even commenting on the accuracy of your post, the logic behind it could be extrapolated out to determine that some theoretical 5'3" white guy from Oklahoma could be the best basketball player on Earth despite not making a college squad. Just a dumb fucking idea.

"Michael Phelps isn't actually the best swimmer, he's just got physical attributes that allow him to swim better than everyone else on the planet."

Jesus Christ, son, put down the freon.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why go into an unprobable hypothetical when we can look at what really has happened.

They don't need to swap places. LeBron has won less.

These are not 2000's Cavs anymore either. LeBron has been playing with SuperTeams for 7 straight years.

Kobe won two titles with Pau Gasol. Who at best would be the 4th best teammate LeBron has played with. Probably 5th.

Yeah, when you can come to grips with the fact that Lebron is the guy that makes it the Super Team......

Not the overrated Chris F*** Bosh

Not the back end of his career Dwayne Wade

Not the "Ive never played in one postseason game in my career" Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love

Its so funny that as soon as Lebron gets in town, all of a sudden its a "SuperTeam"

Isnt that funny?

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Better defender........Stop

Lebron guards all 5 positions at an above average level, something Kobe never did

Lebron has been making players around him better his entire career, something Kobe never did

Lebron has gone to 7 straight Finals now

I already said that LeBron's body has allowed him to do things nobody has ever done before. Being able to guard 5 positions. Do you think that's a skill or is that a factor of him being born with a 1 in a billion body/athleticism combo?

Again, if we want to simply ignore the gifts of birth and the freak advantages that provide over your competion, then Bill Russell is the best of all time and nobody else even belongs discussed.

I don't believe that. Nor does anybody else, I'd assume. So if we're making those allowances for Russell and how his physical advantages helped him, shouldn't we do the same for LeBron James?

And as far as "7 straight finals" my response to that is "who gives a shit?" Other than running into the tail end of the Pierce/Allen/KG Celtics, who has LeBron ever seen for real competition in the East to keep him from the Finals? The Pacers? Please.

Put the Spurs in the same conference and you can take your 7 straight trips to the finals and go pound sand. That is such a stupid, irrelevant, anomaly.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a retarded thought process. Without even commenting on the accuracy of your post, the logic behind it could be extrapolated out to determine that some theoretical 5'3" white guy from Oklahoma could be the best basketball player on Earth despite not making a college squad. Just a dumb fucking idea.

"Michael Phelps isn't actually the best swimmer, he's just got physical attributes that allow him to swim better than everyone else on the planet."

huh, never tried Freon...

izzit any good...?:lol:

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when you can come to grips with the fact that Lebron is the guy that makes it the Super Team......

Not the overrated Chris F*** Bosh

Not the back end of his career Dwayne Wade

Not the "Ive never played in one postseason game in my career" Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love

Its so funny that as soon as Lebron gets in town, all of a sudden its a "SuperTeam"

Isnt that funny?

I'm legitimately not sure if you're being serious right now.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said that LeBron's body has allowed him to do things nobody has ever done before. Being able to guard 5 positions. Do you think that's a skill or is that a factor of him being born with a 1 in a billion body/athleticism combo?

Again, if we want to simply ignore the gifts of birth and the freak advantages that provide over your competion, then Bill Russell is the best of all time and nobody else even belongs discussed.

I don't believe that. Nor does anybody else, I'd assume. So if we're making those allowances for Russell and how his physical advantages helped him, shouldn't we do the same for LeBron James?

And as far as "7 straight finals" my response to that is "who gives a shit?" Other than running into the tail end of the Pierce/Allen/KG Celtics, who has LeBron ever seen for real competition in the East to keep him from the Finals? The Pacers? Please.

Put the Spurs in the same conference and you can take your 7 straight trips to the finals and go pound sand. That is such a stupid, irrelevant, anomaly.

Bill Russell isnt in anyone's conversation because the competition in his day was very inferior to the freakish athletes that play today

It has nothing to do with his "body type"...I have no idea what kind of argument that is

People that follow the game, without a reserved hatred for Lebron, know that the GOAT conversation is down to Lebron and Jordan

All Time greats like Kobe and Bird and some others, are no longer in the conversation

So funny, a minute ago you were telling me not to use hypotheticals and lets "Go by whats actually happened"

Whats actually happened is that Lebron James has gone to 7 straight Finals, and has been far and away the greatest player and biggest reason on every single one of those teams

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, if that went over your head, I'll dumb it down for you.

5 rings

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm legitimately not sure if you're being serious right now.

No, Im serious, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving never played one postseason game in their careers before Lebron arrived

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell isnt in anyone's conversation because the competition in his day was very inferior to the freakish athletes that play today

It has nothing to do with his "body type"...I have no idea what kind of argument that is

People that follow the game, without a reserved hatred for Lebron, know that the GOAT conversation is down to Lebron and Jordan

All Time greats like Kobe and Bird and some others, are no longer in the conversation

So funny, a minute ago you were telling me not to use hypotheticals and lets "Go by whats actually happened"

Whats actually happened is that Lebron James has gone to 7 straight Finals, and has been far and away the greatest player and biggest reason on every single one of those teams

Ok.

You can have your 7 straight trips to the Finals.

I'll counter with 3 titles in 14 years (assuming the Cavs get mopped up by the Warriors like everyone expects).

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Im serious, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving never played one postseason game in their careers before Lebron arrived

How many playoff game have Anthony Davis or Karl Anthony Towns played?

Do they suck too?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

You can have your 7 straight trips to the Finals.

I'll counter with 3 titles in 14 years (assuming the Cavs get mopped up by the Warriors like everyone expects).

Like everyone expected last season

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many playoff game have Anthony Davis or Karl Anthony Towns played?

Do they suck too?

"Suck"?

Absolutely not, neither do Love or Irving

But i find it funny that if Lebron joins forces with any of them, or with Eric Snow and Delonte West

VWAAAALLA

In the Finals

Just like that

Amazing how that always seems to happen

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we're clear.

Chris Bosh is "overrated as fuck" and 29-31 year old Dwyane Wade was past his prime.

What does that make Pau Gasol and the two titles that 30 and 31 year old, "past his prime" Kobe won with him as his #2?

There is absolutely no consistency to what you're saying.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. You'll dumb it down for me. I've taken water shits with more cognitive abilities than you've got.

If you're going to be an uninformed asshole, can you at least try to be creative or at least marginally original?