• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors and Cavaliers, 2014-15 NBA Championship

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did I have time to write it? Most of it is copied from your post and from a previous post of mine which debunked the idea that I was laying all of the blame on Bogut. The fact that you suddenly don't have time to read it is sheer laziness on your part and a basic lack of the humility necessary to admit when you're wrong. But, we wouldn't expect anything less from someone who makes statements like "I've crushed you in every argument we've had", and then doesn't bother to back it up.

Yes, I did win, but it's just because the facts support me and not you. Bogut lack of scoring, which stemmed from his unwillingness to even shoot the ball when wide open, was hurting the team.

Facts do not support you because the Warriors won 67 games with Bogut averaging 6 points a game. That is the largest sample size other than your panic stances based on playoff losses. Other than that your arguments are invalid because of sample size. But you Win! Congrats Greg.

SAMPLE SIZE.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why did we beat Cleveland in Cleveland by 21, but only win by 11 at home? Maybe it was because James scored 40 in Oakland and only 22 in Cleveland. His stats are the biggest changes between games 4 and 5. No, it's no guarantee that the results will be duplicated EXACTLY, but it would be hard for me to stray from that type of success. Possibly Kerr wanted to throw them a curve ball and not come out with the same exact game plan...just like Blatt decided to bench Mosgov (for the most part) after a 28 game the game before.

Also, I made a mistake in my post above where I said "Also, those "ancillary" players for Cleveland shot terrible in game 3, the game when we doubled Lebron almost the whole game". "Game 3 should have read "game 4".

All I indicated was why the defense differed. Am I wrong on why?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Smith got hot in the first qtr and made some threes (3?), but he ended up shooting 5-15 from the floor.

-Why do you think that is? Because the defense stayed home against him. They didn't double Lebron in the second half and give JR open shots, which he was hitting in the first. How does this not make sense to you?"

But in game 4, they doubled James the entire game and those guys shot a combined 7 for 35. The Cavs shooters aren't shooting well for the whole series, really. James has done the greatest damage, even though his shooting percent has also been down.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Smith got hot in the first qtr and made some threes (3?), but he ended up shooting 5-15 from the floor.

-Why do you think that is? Because the defense stayed home against him. They didn't double Lebron in the second half and give JR open shots, which he was hitting in the first. How does this not make sense to you?"

But in game 4, they doubled James the entire game and those guys shot a combined 7 for 35. The Cavs shooters aren't shooting well for the whole series, really. James has done the greatest damage, even though his shooting percent has also been down.

Again, I'm not arguing the merits, I'm stating why.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts do not support you because the Warriors won 67 games with Bogut averaging 6 points a game. That is the largest sample size other than your panic stances based on playoff losses. Other than that your arguments are invalid because of sample size. But you Win! Congrats Greg.

SAMPLE SIZE.

But you're making the safe ASSUMPTION that it was BECAUSE OF BOGUT that we had that record. Why can't I make the assumption that if we had another center who made $15 million a year that we would have not only had a 67-15 record, but perhaps a better one? Like I said, Timofey Mosgov is Bogut's younger equivalent, who earns $4.65 Million per year. Mosgov is better than Bogut, in my opinion, from an overall standpoint as well as his upside.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sort of done with this for a while. Let's let it go, okay? You've crushed me in every argument we've ever had and I've FINALLY won one. It's like 110-1, your favor, okay?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sort of done with this for a while. Let's let it go, okay? You've crushed me in every argument we've ever had and I've FINALLY won one. It's like 110-1, your favor, okay?

This was a war of attrition Greg. We're one game away from the dream. Let's both enjoy that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that I never believed you when you said you were going to put me on ignore, don't you?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that I never believed you when you said you were going to put me on ignore, don't you?

I did put you on ignore, however when I did, it blocked all threads that you started as well. Since you start like 98% of them, it would have cut content considerably.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did put you on ignore, however when I did, it blocked all threads that you started as well. Since you start like 98% of them, it would have cut content considerably.

Serves you right!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down now 3 games to 2, James says "I like our chances." I wonder what he'd say if they were down 3-1? "I LOVE our chances".

James needs to learn something from Michael Jordan, the greatest player of all time. Don't brag and gyrate around the court in pre-game warmups. Just play the game and let others judge you. After this finals, Steph Curry will have half of the championships that James has.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down now 3 games to 2, James says "I like our chances." I wonder what he'd say if they were down 3-1? "I LOVE our chances".

James needs to learn something from Michael Jordan, the greatest player of all time. Don't brag and gyrate around the court in pre-game warmups. Just play the game and let others judge you. After this finals, Steph Curry will have half of the championships that James has.

Let's not forget though, James is the absolute best player since Jordan and it's not even close.

Is there any doubt that Cleveland wins this series in 6 with Love and Irving?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love had been regulated to a stretch 4, and without him in the lineup, you wouldn't have had Tristan Thompson's work thus far in the series. Irving is a much different story, even with the injury he had before this last season-ending one. He already had one game scoring in the 20s (easily) in game 1, so no doubt he was going to play a big part. But, if Cleveland would have played better, it would have caused the Warriors to play differently sooner. Curry would have been more aggressive sooner, like with his 37 pt outburst. Also, James would not be scoring 40 something for almost every game if Irving's in the game.

In the end, it's impossible to know, but we can look at their records during the regular season...or better yet, we can look at each team's record since Cleveland was 19-20 versus their competition (lesser) versus the Warriors record after the first 39 games versus their competition. The Warriors still have the better record and it's against better competition.

As for James being the best since Jordan? It's hard to choose between he and Bryant, so I'll give you that. I've just never heard of any player who boasts of himself the way James does. Remember how many championships he was going to win in Miami? As we all know now, it wasn't 6 or more, it was only two, though, sure, going to 5 straight championships is impressive. He is a force to be reckoned with, no doubt, but he's not at the point in his career to be bragging the way he does. His boast about why he's still confident says nothing about how he feels about his team, but himself, which is nothing but self-serving.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is it. Warriors on the doorstep of their first Championship since 1975. Game 6 in Cleveland where the fans will be up. Their superstar LeBron James will keep willing his team on ..The Warriors have to go in there and take the Title from the former MVP. The Warriors have come together as a team fully . Loose and confident and ready to go. Kerr seems to have figured out all the match ups. There is only one thing left to do. Go get it ! Go win a NBA Championship and erase 40 years of teams trying but always seemed to be made fun of. The Warriors have been looking for respect ...the fans are hungry for it two. This is it...go win it !

on youtube...

HOOSERS - State Championship Pregame words & prayer

posted by MrGeorgeE3

This song was the one Joe Montana pulled out and played in the locker room before the 1981 Superbowl in Detroit vs. The Bengals to get his club pointed to the Dynasty it became. This is the song. This is it.

Kenny Loggins - This is it (1979)

posted by soulbrothanumbahone

Good Luck to the Golden State Warriors tonight.

Go Warriors !!

:suds::clap::yes::yes::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::rockon:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping we don't have to go to a game 7. While I'm confident that we'll win one of the next two games, my nerves would like it if we just take it in Cleveland tonight. Home court advantage really has not meant anything thus far in the series. We smeared them in the last game in Cleveland, winning by 21. Meanwhile, 1 of the 2 Cleveland wins has been on our home court. We might as well get it done tonight. It's going to be a rough and tumble game tonight. We've got to be both mentally and physically ready for a war.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11380120_445787932261991_94844820_n.jpg

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBAtime Finals Game 6

Halftime

Warriors 45

Cavs 43

Wow another heavyweight fight as the Warriors pound the Cavs in the 1st quarter 28-15 and it looked like the Warriors were gonna run away and taste the pie. The Cavs responded in the 2nd quarter as they matched up and caught up outscoring the Warriors 28-17.
Steph has 11 points...Iguodola has 10..Green with 9.

LeBron only has 15 which is a good sign. He is going to have to go for 25 to 30 in the next half to beat the Warriors.

What else can happen in this series Just incredible basketball..a celebration of the game on center stage.

Who wants it more in the 2nd half ? Wooooo ! This is a ballgame. A classic for years to come.

Warriors got the lead which is good. Can they wear the Cavs down again in the 2nd half and bring the Title home?

Stay tuned..must see entertainment at the highest level. Fun ..intense game.

Go Warriors !!