• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors and Cavaliers, 2014-15 NBA Championship

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Shootaround: How the West Was Won

The above article is a good read.

Here are this series' first 4 scheduled games:

June 4, 6:00 pst, Cavs at Warriors ABC

June 7, 5:00 pst, Cavs at Warriors ABC

June 9, 6:00 pst, Warriors at Cavs ABC

June 11, 6:00 pst, Warriors at Cavs ABC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting footnote: Steph Curry will become the first NBA first-team player to face all of the other first teamers (Gasol, A. Davis, Harden, L. James) in the post-season.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both NBA and ABC want to move the Finals schedule, but they can't due to international TV contract. Both teams need this long break to recover. The best will come out on top.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the long break helps the Warriors more than the Cavs for a couple reasons:

1) I think the Cavs were riding some serious momentum. They're playing well, but the long layoff might help slow some of their production.

2) Warriors coaching staff has a better chance to prepare and install things that will help. I think the coaching staff of the Warriors is light years ahead of the Cavs. Giving Kerr, Gentry and Adams a week to game plan should work in our favor.

3) The Warriors have looked a little run down at times. Add that Klay and Steph's recent injuries and the break comes at a nice time. Bogut and Iguodala definitely could use the rest. Draymond has been playing big minutes.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting footnote: Steph Curry will become the first NBA first-team player to face all of the other first teamers (Gasol, A. Davis, Harden, L. James) in the post-season.

That's an impressive gauntlet to have to run through.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Klay and Steph took big-time hits/falls. I slightly fell on my ribs/belly at v-ball on Wednesday and now my back on that side is killing me. Our best two players need to recover, so I'm glad it's gonna be a while.

This finals is a toss-up, if you ask me. I know we had the much better record during the season, but that's over and done now. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised, though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the long break helps the Warriors more than the Cavs for a couple reasons:

1) I think the Cavs were riding some serious momentum. They're playing well, but the long layoff might help slow some of their production.

2) Warriors coaching staff has a better chance to prepare and install things that will help. I think the coaching staff of the Warriors is light years ahead of the Cavs. Giving Kerr, Gentry and Adams a week to game plan should work in our favor.

3) The Warriors have looked a little run down at times. Add that Klay and Steph's recent injuries and the break comes at a nice time. Bogut and Iguodala definitely could use the rest. Draymond has been playing big minutes.

This. But the pressure is on the Warriors to start off. They must win the first two or lose HC. The Cavs would have simply lost two road games if they lose the first two. They are not expected to win, the Dubs are.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The week off should help...but he could end up missing a game or 2....
....hopefully none though.

:hope:

I feel pessimistic about this because that looked brutal. The amount of force must've been great because you had a flying knee from a 215 lb elite athlete who obviously jumps with a lot of power that squarely hit the head of a player who was leaning in to draw the foul. On top of that, there was no padding on either end. We're pretty much talking about bone on bone contact except that perhaps the cartilage of Klay's ear cushioned his head a little bit. His recovery time could be weeks instead of days. I hope I'm wrong.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how NFL players get concussions all the time, though they're wearing helmets. They take a knee to the head. I've said it once and will say it again; while the play was an accident, Klay took one of the most vicious hits to the head that I've seen in the NBA in a very long time.

Most of you probably know this, but it was Jerry West who insisted on drafting Klay out of Wash St., and who also insisted that we not do the trade of Klay for Kevin Love. Imagine how stagnant our offense would be with Love, versus our juggernaut offense that we have now.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to wish the Warriors the ultimate best in going after their dream starting Thursday at Oracle. I have been privileged to witness 5 49ers Titles...3 Giants WS Championships...and the Warriors 1975 NBA Championship.

The Warriors embark on #10 Championship in the Bay Area for me. BRING IT HOME BOYS !!!

Wow 10 Championships sure would be sweet.

You really don't realize how privileged you are until you look back and count all the memories and great times I have had here.

Go Warriors !!

Chase that dream ! Make it happen ! Good Luck !

:suds::clap::yes::yes::thrasher::whoo:

Rock the House !

:sadbron:>>>>>>>> I really don't know if we can stop Steph Curry and those bad ass Warriors.

on youtube...

Warriors , Come out to play-The Warriors (7/8 Movie Clip) (1979) HD

posted by MOVIECLIPS

Joe Walsh - In the City - Joe Walsh -

posted by

Forforus

Kurtis Blow - Basketball

posted by KrtisBlowVEVO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagined that if I asked everyone who they thought would win that they'd say "Warriors" since we're all Warrior fans. So, I'll ask that question, but at least also ask "in how many games" as well.

I say Warriors in 7 and that it will be one hell of a series, as are most 7 games series, but this being the Championships. Something tells me that "Warriors in 7" will be a pretty popular pick. Who knows, though. Maybe there's some reason why we won 67 games in the West and Cleveland only one 50-something in the weaker East. However, they did start off 19-20, trying to gel as a team with new star players, and they then made some really good pickups during the season. Honestly, I think that if Cleveland didn't have to work on Chemistry problems early on in the year and if they had all of the guys they have now (like with our team for the most part), that they'd have won 60+ games and would have been the possible #1 seed in the East.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr expects Klay Thompson to play in Game 1 of NBA Finals vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

Kerr expects that Thompson will be free of concussion symptoms by the first game. Yeah buddy!

Would y'all check the lady doing the audio on this report. Her name is Shelley Smith, but I'm guessing she may have cancer. I can see if she just really got a very, very short haircut or if she's just bald from the effects of chemo, but she's doing her report pretty much with no hair from what I could decipher.

Maybe not (or maybe so) the top story, but it did catch my eye.

Yes, she has breast cancer. Just googled it.

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay updates his status ... kind of
i

Warriors G Klay Thompson took in the Athletics' 3-0 win over the Yankees on Sunday in Oakland and collected a few autographs, bats and batting gloves. But the question on everyone's mind is will he practice on Monday as he recovers from concussion symptoms? "You'll find out tomorrow, my man," Thompson told a reporter.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 7, only because they are so bad at closing out games when they have the lead. I say they blow at least one.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great News....Klay gets cleared to play.

Tuesday(6/2)
Klay Thompson has completed the NBA's concussion protocol, clearing theGolden State Warriors guard to play in Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night against the Cleveland Cavaliers, the team said.

Thompson practiced Monday for the first time since he suffered a concussion in Game 5 of the Western Conference finals.

Asked in a SportsCenter interview after practice how he feels on a scale of 1 to 10, Thompson said: "About a 9.5. Actually, no, a 9. Couple more days to get completely right, and I expect to be fully healthy and compete on Thursday."