• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warning: HOT TAKE thread...where Simmons gonna go?

Where does Simmons play at the start of next season?

• Sixers

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Lakers

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Pelicans

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Thunder

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Warriors

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other team

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I have no idea where but it won't be Sixers

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons just finished , what ? 2nd in defensie player of the year? hes 24 and signed long term

hes not the first guy to shit himself in a playoff series.

I still think he has very very high value to many teams in the league.

He might get traded just because you have Embiid and Harris- the team construction was never great- but if they do trade him they will get a lot.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Nets traded Kyrie this offseason either.
The guy was beyond bad the last few games but you are correct. Kid is a 3X all star and 1st team all defense and no one questioned any of those awards when he received them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strangest one I remember was when Dodgers 2nd baseman Steve Sax suddenly couldn't accurately throw to 1st. Bizarre.
Sax is always the one who first comes to mind for me in a discussion of the yips. Next is Chuck Knoblauch.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a Ben for CJ trade idea today. Not a bad one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting and it's really not a bad idea I don't think.

Have heard rumors of CJ to cavs and I don't really get it (not that I'd mind having him). It's often for sexton (and maybe Love) and not sure why you'd deal a younger, cheaper player for just another small guard.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting and it's really not a bad idea I don't think.

Have heard rumors of CJ to cavs and I don't really get it (not that I'd mind having him). It's often for sexton (and maybe Love) and not sure why you'd deal a younger, cheaper player for just another small guard.

I think Portland needs to try to make a splashy move and Philly needs a scorer. It works imo

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Portland needs to try to make a splashy move and Philly needs a scorer. It works imo
The Portland trade for Lillard suggestion is ridiculous and would never happen unless Philly was to throw in a quite a bit more (and no a couple of low 1st rnd picks isn't nearly enough).........
........however the Portland trade involving CJ McCollum for Simmons makes a lot of sense for both teams. It would bring a defensive star to plug next to offensive HOF talent Lillard for Portland, and bring much needed all-star level scoring to Philly.

It will never happen. It makes too much sense!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sax is always the one who first comes to mind for me in a discussion of the yips. Next is Chuck Knoblauch.
Rick Ankiel always comes to mind for me. I was a big fan- I was a lefty pitcher in high school (and threw gas!) before I hurt my arm- so i always kind of liked lefty pitchers and watched them- and Ankiiel had just the nastiest curveball.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It works for Portland but I think it sucks for Philly. Simmons can be Draymond to Lillard's Steph so it works for the Blazers. But CJ McCollum has a nasty habit of not showing up in the playoffs. So not only are you trading an all star for a non-all star, you've getting a guy that's likely gonna no show when it matters most. You already have a guy no showing, might as well keep the one that has all star talents elsewhere.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It works for Portland but I think it sucks for Philly. Simmons can be Draymond to Lillard's Steph so it works for the Blazers. But CJ McCollum has a nasty habit of not showing up in the playoffs. So not only are you trading an all star for a non-all star, you've getting a guy that's likely gonna no show when it matters most. You already have a guy no showing, might as well keep the one that has all star talents elsewhere.

Ummm.

We are talking about Ben Simmons here. He who just had an all time bad playoff experience.

Also, I have no idea what you are talking about with CJ not showing up. He isn’t Dame, because well, Dame is amazing and always has the ball in the clutch.

CJ has been just fine in the playoffs averaging well over 20 PPG on 44% shooting since his first postseason appearance where he barely saw the court.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton and Love for Simmons.....

:noidea:

Was going to laugh this one off, but it's not bad. Might have to add a pick from Cleveland?

Is Simmons a good fit for Cleveland really? I suppose they could try the OKC role and rehab his image, then move him on for assets if he doesn't fit well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But CJ McCollum has a nasty habit of not showing up in the playoffs. So not only are you trading an all star for a non-all star, you've getting a guy that's likely gonna no show when it matters most.

CJ's career postseason stats: 20ppg on 43.9/38.4/77.3 shooting, 2.8 ast, 4.2 reb
regular season stats: 18.9ppg on 45.5/39.8/82.6 shooting, 4.7 ast, 3.9 reb

Not much difference really, other than Dame probably monopolizing the ball more in the postseason resulting in fewer assists.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj Bomb: Simmons' agent trying to get him dealt before next season. Sixers seemingly saying not so fast (probably to maintain his value). Woj reports the value is still "significant" despite his horrible playoff performance.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.

We are talking about Ben Simmons here. He who just had an all time bad playoff experience.

Also, I have no idea what you are talking about with CJ not showing up. He isn’t Dame, because well, Dame is amazing and always has the ball in the clutch.

CJ has been just fine in the playoffs averaging well over 20 PPG on 44% shooting since his first postseason appearance where he barely saw the court.

CJ's career postseason stats: 20ppg on 43.9/38.4/77.3 shooting, 2.8 ast, 4.2 reb
regular season stats: 18.9ppg on 45.5/39.8/82.6 shooting, 4.7 ast, 3.9 reb

Not much difference really, other than Dame probably monopolizing the ball more in the postseason resulting in fewer assists.

You're not going anywhere with CJ McCollum as your 2nd best player on a playoff team. It's a step down for Philly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton and Love for Simmons.....

:noidea:
Thinking if we had Simmons I kind of want Love to space the floor for him. Depending who we pick, I'd certainly think about Sexton, a future #1 and salary filler (Prince and/or Osman?)

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking if we had Simmons I kind of want Love to space the floor for him. Depending who we pick, I'd certainly think about Sexton, a future #1 and salary filler (Prince and/or Osman?)
It would definitely require both Cidi and Prince to balance the salaries. Not sure that the Sixers would prefer those two to Love though. That's basically a league average player (Prince) and a bad player who puts up empty stats on a bad team (Osman)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an interesting one might be Harrison Barnes, Marvin Bagley and Tyrese Haliburton for Simmons and Gary Clark.

Barnes is ready to produce right away and has NBA Finals experience. Haliburton was one of the best rookies in the NBA, very good playmaker, good defender with size and was a 40% 3 point shooter. Bagley is a low-buy option at this point, but still could turn out to be very good.

Simmons in that up tempo offense with Fox and Hield would be wild. Sacramento gets an Allstar caliber player back in a Luke Walton system that can emphasize his passing.