• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warning: HOT TAKE thread...where Simmons gonna go?

Where does Simmons play at the start of next season?

• Sixers

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Lakers

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Pelicans

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Thunder

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Warriors

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other team

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I have no idea where but it won't be Sixers

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when MSG Kings said Simmons was the league's top player.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the stats bear that out re Shaq? Was his 4th quarter/OT FT% better than his average?

And the receiver of the pass muffed it because he never considered that he would be getting a pass there

Regarding Shaq, I doubt it. Shaq probably just said that to make himself feel better. The truth is that shots before the 4th quarter matter, too.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^All of this^^^

It reminds me of Shaq's free throw struggles, but with one key difference...Shaq still wanted the ball late in games figuring he could score through the foul and missing wouldn't be as bad. Doing that was largely how he ultimately reached a point where, even though he never became a good free throw shooter, as he says..."I hit them when they mattered".

As you say, it's not his inability to shoot from the perimeter that is the problem, it's that he won't shoot at all. The guy is 6'11"...he needs to get his ass on the block, and try to score quick or score through the foul.

Him passing the ball when he had a dunk was one of the most cringe worthy things I've seen on a basketball court. Never thought I'd see an NBA player so afraid to shoot that he'd pass up a dunk attempt.

If I'm not mistaken, the defender closest to Simmons on that play was Trae Young.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Shaq, I doubt it. Shaq probably just said that to make himself feel better. The truth is that shots before the 4th quarter matter, too.
See above, DJ looked it up. He did shoot better later but not by a lot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three Trades involving Simmons I ran across.

1. Simmons for CJ McCollum

2. Simmons & Danny Green for Andrew Wiggins, Kelly Oubre Jr & a 2022 2nd rounder

3. Simmons, Tyrese Maxey, Danny Green, '21 & '22 first rounders for Bradley Beal & Davis Bertans

If any of this has been mentioned my bad. Didn't go back through any comments.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Ben now is confidence. He clearly has none. His inability to make FTs shattered his confidence, to the point where he wasn't even slamming dunks point blank at the rim and passing instead.

I agree that if he could make 70% of his FTs he would be a serviceable NBA player given all his other attributes, without developing a jump shot. But he'll never be a great player if he can't make FTs, he won't even be playable in the playoffs.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should dismiss 99% of the current talk about trading Simmons. He had a terrible series and everyone has that fresh in their memories. But he is hardly the first player to lose his confidence in the playoffs.

The notion that the Sixers will just dump him for loose change is ridiculous regardless of how most Sixers fans feel right now.
What Simmons did is a lot more than just a player having a bad series in my opinion. Let’s be real, the holes that became craters have been there all along. He has done nothing to improve his deficiencies, that is the most troubling part of the whole thing. I see no way he is in a Philly uniform mich longer. As for the fans, I don’t blame them. When the Lakers and Nets fell out they knew it was the best chance for a title they have had in forever. Those feelings won’t go away and if I’m in Sixers management I have to feel the same way, it was their title.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you're right. Which makes it even worse, imo.

I posted it earlier in the thread. He literally had a dunk at the rim, no one in front of him but Trae Young, and he passed that shit. That was the end of his Sixers career right there, though the final transaction may not happen for a bit.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted it earlier in the thread. He literally had a dunk at the rim, no one in front of him but Trae Young, and he passed that shit. That was the end of his Sixers career right there, though the final transaction may not happen for a bit.

Absolute insanity. It's like the proverbial elephant scared of the mouse.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got butt hurt when we laughed and poo-poo'd your trade suggestion to the Warriors. I remember because it really set you off. Now your ass is showing.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got butt hurt when we laughed and poo-poo'd your trade suggestion to the Warriors. I remember because it really set you off. Now your ass is showing.
Oh we're doing this now? OK, so first we'll remind everyone about that time you told us you were convicted of statutory r*pe for having sex with a 15 year old when you were 20. Didn't happen? Well we can both type whatever bullshit we want here, it's the internet. Doesn't make it so.

But here's a great chance for you to embarrass me, just show everyone here those posts and they can all have a good laugh.

You won't of course, they don't exist.

I mean, I get it Monty, people are tired of your act so when you pop into threads with racist and/or idiotic trolls and you are ignored it burns you up and you have to get crazier to get attention. Yesterday was fun, when you tried to get some action by saying the Hawks two white guys were why they were winning, and everyone ignored you.

But here I am, not ignoring you...so go on...find the posts and make me look bad.

You're a terrible liar Monty.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute insanity. It's like the proverbial elephant scared of the mouse.

To be clear Trae was not even that close. He literally needed to just jump straight up from where he was and slam that shit. And he passed it!

And don't think his teammates missed what happened!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare Simmons to this guy, tell me who will be better in two years

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we're doing this now? OK, so first we'll remind everyone about that time you told us you were convicted of statutory r*pe for having sex with a 15 year old when you were 20. Didn't happen? Well we can both type whatever bullshit we want here, it's the internet. Doesn't make it so.

But here's a great chance for you to embarrass me, just show everyone here those posts and they can all have a good laugh.

You won't of course, they don't exist.

I mean, I get it Monty, people are tired of your act so when you pop into threads with racist and/or idiotic trolls and you are ignored it burns you up and you have to get crazier to get attention. Yesterday was fun, when you tried to get some action by saying the Hawks two white guys were why they were winning, and everyone ignored you.

But here I am, not ignoring you...so go on...find the posts and make me look bad.

You're a terrible liar Monty.
Ha ha ha! That cracked me up. You know very well you were hyping Simmons and mocking everyone who told you what a fool you were.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha! That cracked me up. You know very well you were hyping Simmons and mocking everyone who told you what a fool you were.
Yes obviously, nice links by the way.