• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warford leaving via FA

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no push and very few running lanes for RBs. Last couple of games with 2 different RTs we ran the ball better. Pass blocking was decent but it is not like Staff needed a whole lot of time to throw WR screens and 5 yard slants.

A good RB doesn't need huge holes to run through in the NFL. Rarely does any RB get one anyways due to the sheer speed of the players on that level.

I watched Zenner miss quite a few holes he could of just easily slid over and got extra yardage on. That was just lack of vision and anticipation. I'm not hating on Zenner too much cause he was light years ahead of Washington. Not sure what the hell the coaches saw in Washington to give him that much run.

How many games of 8 carries for 22 yards did they have to see?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL was adequate in pass blocking but we were once again bottom 3 in rushing.

Might be more to do with the RB's and not the OL though.

I think a good oline creates a good RB more than a good RB creates for himself. But yeah Washington , Riddick and zenner aren't exactly elite rushing out of the backfield although when ZZ finally received playing time he was ok. I think that can be attributed to better vision than Washington. The holes were there, one player found them, the other did not.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good oline creates a good RB more than a good RB creates for himself. But yeah Washington , Riddick and zenner aren't exactly elite rushing out of the backfield although when ZZ finally received playing time he was ok. I think that can be attributed to better vision than Washington. The holes were there, one player found them, the other did not.

Agreed. AA looked good before getting hurt too. We actually ran for over 100 yards each of the first 2 games. We will need 1 more RB though. Not sure if Washington goes or Burton does.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good OL wouldn't hurt, but...

Our "best" running backs through the years:
Stewart (his best quality was he always fell forward)
Bryson (mediocre)
Smith (mediocre)
Best (solid for the first 3 games of every season)
Leshoure (stunk)
Bell (mediocre)
Bush (washed up fumble machine)
Riddick (good player, not a between the tackles guy)
Abdullah (4 TD against 5 fumbles in his young, injury-filled career)

Year - Team Rushing Rank, 50+ yard runs
01 - 28, 0
02 - 29, 1
03 - 32, 0
04 - 19, 1
05 - 26, 1
06 - 32, 1
07 - 31, 1
08 - 30, 1
09 - 24, 1
10 - 23, 0
11 - 29, 1
12 - 23, 1
13 - 17, 0
14 - 28, 1
15 - 32, 0
16 - 30, 0

The Lions have averaged the 27th ranked rushing attack for going on 2 decades. And they make a game altering rushing play roughly once every 2 seasons.

We need to try harder to find a talented every down back.

Even if our OL opened a hole and the back found that hole (Zenner is the classic Lions example) we don't have an RB with enough talent to create a huge play out of that hole. AA or Riddick can't share the load, let alone be every-down backs.

The Lions need to invest in a homerun-hitting, every-down RB. I like Warford but Warford can be adequately replaced. Swanson or Glasgow or Dahl can do the job. Elite RBs, on the other hand, don't grow on trees.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good OL wouldn't hurt, but...

Our "best" running backs through the years:
Stewart (his best quality was he always fell forward)
Bryson (mediocre)
Smith (mediocre)
Best (solid for the first 3 games of every season)
Leshoure (stunk)
Bell (mediocre)
Bush (washed up fumble machine)
Riddick (good player, not a between the tackles guy)
Abdullah (4 TD against 5 fumbles in his young, injury-filled career)

Year - Team Rushing Rank, 50+ yard runs
01 - 28, 0
02 - 29, 1
03 - 32, 0
04 - 19, 1
05 - 26, 1
06 - 32, 1
07 - 31, 1
08 - 30, 1
09 - 24, 1
10 - 23, 0
11 - 29, 1
12 - 23, 1
13 - 17, 0
14 - 28, 1
15 - 32, 0
16 - 30, 0

The Lions have averaged the 27th ranked rushing attack for going on 2 decades. And they make a game altering rushing play roughly once every 2 seasons.

We need to try harder to find a talented every down back.

Even if our OL opened a hole and the back found that hole (Zenner is the classic Lions example) we don't have an RB with enough talent to create a huge play out of that hole. AA or Riddick can't share the load, let alone be every-down backs.

The Lions need to invest in a homerun-hitting, every-down RB. I like Warford but Warford can be adequately replaced. Swanson or Glasgow or Dahl can do the job. Elite RBs, on the other hand, don't grow on trees.

I tend to look at Dallas in the respect. Demarco Murray was supposed to be a superstar. He goes to the Titans and becomes mediocre. Meanwhile, even Mcfadden looks as good as him behind that O-line.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to look at Dallas in the respect. Demarco Murray was supposed to be a superstar. He goes to the Titans and becomes mediocre. Meanwhile, even Mcfadden looks as good as him behind that O-line.

McFadden was a substantial drop off from Murray. DeMarco Murray had a bounce back season for the Titans. Murray stunk last season for the Eagles because Chip Kelly is a proven idiot.

OL is a big factor but you need to have a horse. Rolling out little scat-backs and hot garbage at RB is never gonna work long term.

Murray, Levian Bell, Zeke, David Johnson, AP, Hyde, Forte, Freeman, Miller, Blount... It doesn't have to be a first rounder but you have to upgrade continuously until you find an every down ball carrier with talent.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden was a substantial drop off from Murray. DeMarco Murray had a bounce back season for the Titans. Murray stunk last season for the Eagles because Chip Kelly is a proven idiot.

OL is a big factor but you need to have a horse. Rolling out little scat-backs and hot garbage at RB is never gonna work long term.

Murray, Levian Bell, Zeke, David Johnson, AP, Hyde, Forte, Freeman, Miller, Blount... It doesn't have to be a first rounder but you have to upgrade continuously until you find an every down ball carrier with talent.

Maybe, but you dont mortgage your whole franchise to do it. If you are expecting BQ to trade away all our picks to move up then you will most likely be disappointed.

Take a look at Kareem Hunt. He will available later in the draft.

Turn the sound off though:L

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at Kareem Hunt. He will available later in the draft.

Turn the sound off though:L

:agree:Totally on board with Kareem Hunt! I have liked him for a couple years now. I hope he runs slow at the combine cuz he has great football speed/quickness/toughness/balance. I can see some Marshawn Lynch in his style. Never fumbled in college (as of a while ago anyways)...

The music for all of these highlight videos is an abomination.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?
Didn't know 1300 yards, 9 TD's and 53 catches was mediocre.
Zenner 397 yards, 4 td's and 18 catches.
What does that make our leading rusher?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Warford - G - Lions
Free agent RT Larry Warford indicated he isn't interested in a hometown discount to stay in Detroit.

Warford is rightfully looking to get paid after a rock-solid season at right guard with the Lions. "I mean, I’ve got my family to think about too," said Warford, who is getting married this offseason. "Starting a family is awesome, and that factors in. Fuck the Lions." Still only 25 years old, Warford is likely to emerge from the free agency period as one of the highest paid guards in football.

Source: detroitlions.com

Wow. I guess here comes the outrage and accusations that he's just in it for the money. Bet he goes to Miami.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent RT Larry Warford indicated he isn't interested in a hometown discount to stay in Detroit.

Warford is rightfully looking to get paid after a rock-solid season at right guard with the Lions. "I mean, I’ve got my family to think about too," said Warford, who is getting married this offseason. "Starting a family is awesome, and that factors in. Fuck the Lions." Still only 25 years old, Warford is likely to emerge from the free agency period as one of the highest paid guards in football.

Wow. I guess here comes the outrage and accusations that he's just in it for the money. Bet he goes to Miami.

I am just shocked that his year was looked at as a success.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when BigLar used to post from the locker room at halftime?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should still make him an offer before FA starts 4 years 26 million top 15 guard money(for now)

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can go as long as we get to replace him with Zeitler from Cincy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should still make him an offer before FA starts 4 years 26 million top 15 guard money(for now)

He wants to test the market. No heart. Doesn't want to play here.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No outrage. He just is not that good. More than happy he does not want to play here. I dont want him back even for the vet minimum. Cant pass block for shit. Run blocking is hit or miss. Hell, Glasgow was better than him last year. Hope he takes Reiff with him too.

I prefer BQ drafts his own guys for the O-line.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No outrage. He just is not that good. More than happy he does not want to play here. I dont want him back even for the vet minimum. Cant pass block for shit. Run blocking is hit or miss. Hell, Glasgow was better than him last year. Hope he takes Reiff with him too.

I prefer BQ drafts his own guys for the O-line.

But because it's the Lions this has Jeff Hardings written all over it. Aaron Gibson was supposed to be an upgrade but he tested positive for Kentucky Fried Chicken and was out of the league.

Still, you can't let a guard hold you over a barrel unless it is a hall of fame OL. He can have 3-4 mil per season cuz he is solid or he can take a hike.