• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warford leaving via FA

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent RG Larry Warford expects to test the open market.

Warford had a bounce back year after an injury filled 2015, missing just one game and grading as a top-25 guard at PFF. He should draw interest from multiple teams this offseason. Detroit has Laken Tomlinson as Warford's potential replacement.

Wonder if Joe Dahl can replace him?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT was a RG most of his time at Duke. He might do better on the other side. He's not going anywhere, whether he's a starter or reserve. He will be in Detroit.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent RG Larry Warford expects to test the open market.

Warford had a bounce back year after an injury filled 2015, missing just one game and grading as a top-25 guard at PFF. He should draw interest from multiple teams this offseason. Detroit has Laken Tomlinson as Warford's potential replacement.

Wonder if Joe Dahl can replace him?

Not IMO. Dahl is a probably a better tackle then guard. He can fill in at Guard but he may be taking Reiffs spot. RR underacheived at RT IMO. He would be more likely to get a bigger contract elsewhere. Lucas played for him last game without even getting much work in and looked as good as RR versus a very good Seahawk D line.

LT was actually not horrible at RG when he filled in for Warford, hopefully we do better filling that spot. Hopefully, O-line gets addressed in FA or the draft again.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope warfords services are retained

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that dude was a top 25 guard to PFF. Not sure what kind of system they are using. I was watching that guy get owned quite a bit this season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that dude was a top 25 guard to PFF. Not sure what kind of system they are using. I was watching that guy get owned quite a bit this season.

PFF once claimed Ravioli was the best C in the NFL. So...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching a lot of OL film. One guy that's caught my eye is UofM Erik Magnuson (homer).

Very versatile guy. Played RG sophomore season and RT jr and sr seasons. Spoke of playing C, but saw any film on that. Mid round kid. Quick feet at point of attack, great punch and anchor. Very fluid on his cross steps and stuffed many twists. Pulls rather quickly and recognizes his target quick.

One knock on him, he mauls you at the line and when he pulls, but doesn't going to second level. (To the whistle)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure BQ lets both RR and Big Lar walk. Reiff could give great versatility if he could show to play G while being our swing tackle. $$ will prolly let him walk.

Warford can be inconsistent, but I could see BQ offer a contract to him and use Laken as a backup.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, where the hell have you been?:lol:
Kind of stopped posting and coming around because I got sick of a certain posters ridiculous behavior. Not sure if that poster is still around! The lions offensive line was surprisingly adequate this season and continuity and warford imo had a lot to do with that.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure BQ lets both RR and Big Lar walk. Reiff could give great versatility if he could show to play G while being our swing tackle. $$ will prolly let him walk.

Warford can be inconsistent, but I could see BQ offer a contract to him and use Laken as a backup.

I never want to see Laken in the starting lineup again. Sorry, dude is just shit.

I remember starting a thread with the immediate firing of Mayhew the second he traded down and got journeyman Manny Ramirez and this turd.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of stopped posting and coming around because I got sick of a certain posters ridiculous behavior. Not sure if that poster is still around! The lions offensive line was surprisingly adequate this season and continuity and warford imo had a lot to do with that.

OL was adequate in pass blocking but we were once again bottom 3 in rushing.

Might be more to do with the RB's and not the OL though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still here man, sorry.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still around and the Suh and Dolphins threads to be reminded of the loss of a great player doesn't happen every day now.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL was adequate in pass blocking but we were once again bottom 3 in rushing.

Might be more to do with the RB's and not the OL though.

There was no push and very few running lanes for RBs. Last couple of games with 2 different RTs we ran the ball better. Pass blocking was decent but it is not like Staff needed a whole lot of time to throw WR screens and 5 yard slants.