• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Want to be rated with bullshit's and dislike's

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously why would penn staters wanna be alabamas whipping boy? And more seriously you arent the best team in the B1G.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain why Penn St's losses shouldn't count.
I'm not looking at just losses.I am also looking at wins.PSU finished 11-2 Ohio State finished 11-1. The wins are the same and they are comparable.PSU went 9-1 OSU went 8-1 in conference play.They won the division and Conference.When teams are comparable which that is imo. H2H and Conference Championships should be the tie breaker. While people talk about SOS. That is ver subjective.We all know some teams are always going to be able to schedule teams others can not. And I think its pretty safe to say winning a conference is extremely difficult. That level of difficulty surpasses OOC imo. You may think I am trolling.But when it comes to the actual topic i am not. Like I said you could change the name. Its not Ohio State. Its the scenario. It just happened between Ohio State and Penn State. In in this case I think Penn State belongs in the play off. This season is definitely reason to go to at least 6 play off teams imo

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is USC one of the top for 4 teams? So, how is Washington in the playoff then?
I guess I shouldn't be surprised when people keep cherry picking small parts and trying to use it as the defacto answer to all of these tough choices, but here's yet another example of that.

I'll say this very slowly one more time -

You cannot BOTH be blown out (lost by 39 ffs) to a team not in the top 4 AND also lose to an unranked team and make bold claims that you belong in the playoffs. Those are real killers.

UW's one loss (by 13, not 39) along with their poor OOC were the reason they were downgraded to 4th and had to have such a good showing in their last few games to really tip the scale in their favor.

It really is simple.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking at just losses.I am also looking at wins.PSU finished 11-2 Ohio State finished 11-1. The wins are the same and they are comparable.PSU went 9-1 OSU went 8-1 in conference play.They won the division and Conference.When teams are comparable which that is imo. H2H and Conference Championships should be the tie breaker. While people talk about SOS. That is ver subjective.We all know some teams are always going to be able to schedule teams others can not. And I think its pretty safe to say winning a conference is extremely difficult. That level of difficulty surpasses OOC imo. You may think I am trolling.But when it comes to the actual topic i am not. Like I said you could change the name. Its not Ohio State. Its the scenario. It just happened between Ohio State and Penn State. In in this case I think Penn State belongs in the play off. This season is definitely reason to go to at least 6 play off teams imo
But the wins aren't the same - and that doesn't even begin to address the losses.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's think about this for minute and break it down in ACC terms.

Say Florida St went 7-1 and Clemson goes 7-1, but FSU beats Clemson (Clemson loses to Louisville) and then FSU wins the CONFERENCE tiebreaker because of H2H. Then FSU wins the title over Va Tech but goes 11-2 because they lost to Florida (Penn St lost to Pitt). Clemson goes 11-1 and beats Oklahoma (Ohio St beat Oklahoma on the road).

One team has 1 loss, 1 team has 2 losses.. But more importantly, the 1 loss team has a top 10 win on the road. FSU even being FSU is not ranked higher than Clemson in the BCS era. It's about how many losses you have and who you lose to/beat as well.

Bottom line is one team won their OOC game and one team has 1 loss instead of 2.

H2H only matters if you have the same record in which it would go to the team that won the H2H.

PSU 11-2
OSU 11-1

If you want to be pissed, then you should be pissed at losing to Pitt.

Junkie....sup dude!

btw....tldr. :D
Naw man. Though the thread evolved a bit back into the nuts and bolts of sos, this thread was really bout getting neg'd and pooped on for believing PSU had something to talk about.

And pissed? Never brah. This is the new and updated jonvi. jonvi2.0

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't select the four best teams in 2014. I'm of the opinion, TCU would have won more convincingly in 2014.
Nobody wanted to play them at the end of the year. Boykin had figured things out and the defense was typical Patterson. However, TCU 2010 was better IMO was better than Oregon...and maybe Auburn.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain why Penn St's losses shouldn't count.

They do count. They obviously count more than the H2H and conference Championship in the eyes of the committee. I happen to think the higher value should be the other way around.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington got hosed too tho.They won their division. And went 12-1.SOS is not a legitimate gauge. Winning a conference is far more difficult than beating Oklahoma in one game.
Which Ohio State proved your point correct.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wanted to play them at the end of the year. Boykin had figured things out and the defense was typical Patterson. However, TCU 2010 was better IMO was better than Oregon...and maybe Auburn.
They destroyed a very good Ole Miss team that probably could have beaten 2 of the 4 teams in the CFP that year.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they both won 11 games.And one of those losses was a head to head. What would you say is more difficult.Winning an OOC game or a conference?
Remember that OSU tied Penn St. And if Michigan doesn't lose a 2nd game - OSU goes. SO, it was the difficulty of the OOC that got Penn St. in the end. OSU won their OOC - Penn St didn't.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to be pissed, then you should be pissed at losing to Pitt.

And I am pissed SU lost to Pitt 76 - 61. Yeah.....football.

My boys would have been selected for one of those 5 - 7 bowl games ... :yes: ... had they beat pitt.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that OSU tied Penn St. And if Michigan doesn't lose a 2nd game - OSU goes. SO, it was the difficulty of the OOC that got Penn St. in the end. OSU won their OOC - Penn St didn't.
Yes if Michigan doesn't lose against OSU. Iowa had a more decisive victory against us. But you guys don't want to hear that.