• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Want to be rated with bullshit's and dislike's

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was Michigan or any other team it would be the same. I'm hoping they expand the playoffs. Or put out a clear cut system in the off season. So we don't have this nonsense personally
If they expand the playoffs then you would have had bitching between OK, USC, Colorado, and Wisconsin over those last two spots.

And you end up with plenty of two loss, and even a 3 loss team possibly able to get in. There is no longer the edge on every single regular season game. It is living and dying off every game that makes this sport so unique at this level. I am NOT in favor of watering it down and removing that just so some team with 3 losses can feel like they belong for a minute. Sorry, just not buying into that.

As long as whatever system they come up with gives us at LEAST two of the most deserving teams fighting for a right to be called college football champions, it is more than adequate enough. The winner will still have to prove it against at least one solid challenge. That's better than we had pre BCS and better than what we had in the BCS.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't... USC was ranked higher to finish the season so they went to the Rose over Colorado. Very simple.
SC jumped in the rankings because of head to head wins over Washington and Colorado. It was H2H that gave them the higher ranking.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheRobotDevil is just insecure. There is no way that he doesn't understand the difference in records and resumes, or how the committee's job is to select the four best teams... In stead, he is simply posturing to ensure he can't be belittled after the Rose Bowl. If he talks up Penn St now - he will be covered if they lose.

I believe USC is better than Penn St. for what it's worth...

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheRobotDevil is just insecure. There is no way that he doesn't understand the difference in records and resumes, or how the committee's job is to select the four best teams... In stead, he is simply posturing to ensure he can't be belittled after the Rose Bowl. If he talks up Penn St now - he will be covered if they lose.

They didn't select the four best teams in 2014. I'm of the opinion, TCU would have won more convincingly in 2014.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@TheRobotDevil is waiting for the BS and Dislike ratings as promised by the thread :gaah:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That unranked team also beat the #3 team in the playoffs? That loss doesn't seem to hurt Clemson very much.
I would argue that Clemson isn't the second best team in the country, but that's a whole different topic isn't it? They only beat North Carolina State because NCS's kicker couldn't make a short FG and they had a couple of other head scratching barely won games against teams they should have blown out.

But you can't bring up the Pitt loss and ignore the other one. It wasn't just that one, it was that AND the blowout loss to Michigan.

You aren't one of the top 4 teams in the country when you get your barn doors blown off by another team that also isn't a top 4 team.

If people want to keep just looking at one point you can keep that this for days/weeks/years. When you look at the bigger picture and take ALL of the info into account this lineup of 4 was the correct decision. And putting in Penn State over either UW or OSU wouldn't have been a huge upset either. All 3 had problems.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC jumped in the rankings because of head to head wins over Washington and Colorado. It was H2H that gave them the higher ranking.
And if Colorado had 2 losses overall instead of 3, they would be going to the Rose Bowl. Having fewer losses means a lot.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4cefc52c42.jpg

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they expand the playoffs then you would have had bitching between OK, USC, Colorado, and Wisconsin over those last two spots.

And you end up with plenty of two loss, and even a 3 loss team possibly able to get in. There is no longer the edge on every single regular season game. It is living and dying off every game that makes this sport so unique at this level. I am NOT in favor of watering it down and removing that just so some team with 3 losses can feel like they belong for a minute. Sorry, just not buying into that.

As long as whatever system they come up with gives us at LEAST two of the most deserving teams fighting for a right to be called college football champions, it is more than adequate enough. The winner will still have to prove it against at least one solid challenge. That's better than we had pre BCS and better than what we had in the BCS.
If thats the case than this makes sense .Otherwise the playing field is swayed in favor of teams that can schedule.The regular season and CCG's being meaningless.And leaving teams out from the start

tOSU getting in just shows the warts of the current system. It gets fixed this way. Four 16 team conferences. CCGs are the first round of the playoffs and then go from there.

I mean really, tOSU isn't even the best team in their division. Now we are supposed to believe they are one of the top 4 in the country? LOL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep defending your scumbag hypocrite of a coach.

Urban-Meyer-Mugshot.png

While you make fun of ours for blowing up on the sideline.

How have I defended him, by stating the fact AH was playing for Tom Brady's team when he turned into a killer? Keep telling yourself otherwise though.

RTRdian

Broken Filter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That unranked team also beat the #3 team in the playoffs? That loss doesn't seem to hurt Clemson very much.

Because that was their only loss. Penn States two losses and one being to Pitt kicked em in the nuts. If they had one less they would be there.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats the case than this makes sense .Otherwise the playing field is swayed in favor of teams that can schedule.The regular season and CCG's being meaningless.And leaving teams out from the start
Please explain why Penn St's losses shouldn't count.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have I defended him, by stating the fact AH was playing for Tom Brady's team when he turned into a killer? Keep telling yourself otherwise though.
He played him despite possible assault chargers at Florida. The writing was on the wall. Stop being a blind homer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played him despite possible assault chargers at Florida. The writing was on the wall. Stop being a blind homer.

You calling anyone a blind homer is hilarious. And I have never defended any of Meyer's actions.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this result does NOT show that either OOC or CCG are meaningless.

OSU is in because OOC matters. Period. Without beating Oklahoma they are not in the final 4.
UW is in because blowing out a team in the CCG mattered. Without that they are not in the final 4.

You can't both not have a quality OOC win AND not be a conf champ. And you cannot just be a conf champ and get in while having any sort of losing blemish on your record.

What the committee said very clearly is keep making your best case because we WILL put your entire body of work under a microscope and any one thing could be the reason you are out. So go make a good schedule and play well doing it or risk having to watch others play in that final 4.

You cannot look at it objectively and come up with a different conclusion.

And FWIW, I'm sitting here telling you having Ohio State in was the correct decision while my son is currently sitting on the Penn State campus. I very much would have LOVED to see them in. So I'm simply calling it like I see it as I always do.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell tOSU fans their team shouldn't be in the playoffs. :pound:

jimmies be appropriately rustled.

Let's think about this for minute and break it down in ACC terms.

Say Florida St went 7-1 and Clemson goes 7-1, but FSU beats Clemson (Clemson loses to Louisville) and then FSU wins the CONFERENCE tiebreaker because of H2H. Then FSU wins the title over Va Tech but goes 11-2 because they lost to Florida (Penn St lost to Pitt). Clemson goes 11-1 and beats Oklahoma (Ohio St beat Oklahoma on the road).

One team has 1 loss, 1 team has 2 losses.. But more importantly, the 1 loss team has a top 10 win on the road. FSU even being FSU is not ranked higher than Clemson in the BCS era. It's about how many losses you have and who you lose to/beat as well.

Bottom line is one team won their OOC game and one team has 1 loss instead of 2.

H2H only matters if you have the same record in which it would go to the team that won the H2H.

PSU 11-2
OSU 11-1

If you want to be pissed, then you should be pissed at losing to Pitt.