• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Want to be rated with bullshit's and dislike's

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Ohio State proved your point correct.
With all the talk of resume and SOS. I think a lot of people look past the level of difficulty involved in winning a conference. I would say that surpasses the level of difficulty of winning an OOC game. And is a more reliable gauge as far as SOS. Due to a direct comparison

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. It is very obvious that it means more to the CFP committee than H2H and CC.
When combined with an overall better resume and better statistical metrics on both sides of the ball, yes it does.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they both won 11 games.And one of those losses was a head to head. What would you say is more difficult.Winning an OOC game or a conference?

PSU Lost to Pitt
Ohio St beatdown Oklahoma in Norman.

OSU 11-1
PSU 11-2

You are ignoring the loss to Pitt.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk of resume and SOS. I think a lot of people look past the level of difficulty involved in winning a conference. I would say that surpasses the level of difficulty of winning an OOC game. And is a more reliable gauge as far as SOS. Due to a direct comparison
Just look at Florida State and Pitt as examples. They had good OOC wins, why aren't they in the playoff?

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are eating your own tail. Penn St couldn't even win their OOC - but due to scheduling won the BIG... Which was harder for them?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that OSU tied Penn St. And if Michigan doesn't lose a 2nd game - OSU goes. SO, it was the difficulty of the OOC that got Penn St. in the end. OSU won their OOC - Penn St didn't.
OSU did not tie Penn State.Penn State won the head to head and division.Which shows how much more difficult it is to win a conference, Than an OOC game anyone can win or lose an OOC game.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU did not tie Penn State.Penn State won the head to head and division.Which shows how much more difficult it is to win a conference, Than an OOC game anyone can win or lose an OOC game.
Oh dear - it's called a tiebreaker - as in TIE breaker...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose 1 game in conference: OSU? Check. PSU? Check.
Beat Wisconsin: OSU? Check (on the road). PSU? Check (on a neutral field)
Be top 10 nationally on both sides of the ball: OSU? Check. PSU? No
Have a top 10 road win OOC: OSU? Check. PSU? No

There you have it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do count. They obviously count more than the H2H and conference Championship in the eyes of the committee. I happen to think the higher value should be the other way around.

H2H is a tiebreaker for if the teams have the same record. Over all - 1 team lost 1 game. The other lost 2 games.

Simple math really. One team won 92% of it's games, the other 85%

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at Florida State and Pitt as examples. They had good OOC wins, why aren't they in the playoff?
Conference play. Its a lot harder to navigate conference than a small sample size of OOC games. Why play the games if they don't mean anything.If you can schedule one game and claim resume anyway?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously why would penn staters wanna be alabamas whipping boy? And more seriously you arent the best team in the B1G.
Because getting curb stomped by USC isn't going to be much better? :noidea:

UW will be Bama's first feast of the playoffs and I still wouldn't trade it for any other lessor team in the Rose Bowl. It's the college football playoffs. It doesn't get any better than that. Hell of a recruiting boost and more exposure along with that outside chance some weird fluky shit happens and you actually win the damned thing.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H2H is a tiebreaker for if the teams have the same record. Over all - 1 team lost 1 game. The other lost 2 games.

Simple math really. One team won 92% of it's games, the other 85%
I cannot take a poster seriously with that Gronk avy. :tsk:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot take a poster seriously with that Gronk avy. :tsk:

I can't blame you at all. But it sounds like you have wondering eyes and something you might need to address.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose 1 game in conference: OSU? Check. PSU? Check.
Beat Wisconsin: OSU? Check (on the road). PSU? Check (on a neutral field)
Be top 10 nationally on both sides of the ball: OSU? Check. PSU? No
Have a top 10 road win OOC: OSU? Check. PSU? No

There you have it.
I could do the same thing in reverse to sway it the other way.Semantics are fun.But winning a conference is a lot harder.OSU couldn't accomplish that.Its far more difficult

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I shouldn't be surprised when people keep cherry picking small parts and trying to use it as the defacto answer to all of these tough choices, but here's yet another example of that.

I'll say this very slowly one more time -

You cannot BOTH be blown out (lost by 39 ffs) to a team not in the top 4 AND also lose to an unranked team and make bold claims that you belong in the playoffs. Those are real killers.

UW's one loss (by 13, not 39) along with their poor OOC were the reason they were downgraded to 4th and had to have such a good showing in their last few games to really tip the scale in their favor.

It really is simple.

You are just as guilty of cherry picking. Look at the qualifiers in your statement. UW did have a lame OOC schedule and did get blown out by a team not in the top 4 or even top 15. You can say it was ONLY by 13 points, but UW was blown out in that game.

I don't know what the answer is. IMO the H2H and Conference Championship mean more to me that the loss to Michigan and the OOC loss. However, when you put PSU in, UM can claim a 39 point H2H win.

Also, the way the committee can pick and choose whatever reasoning they want to use in any given year is BS. 2 years ago the Conference Champion Game win trumped Baylor & TCU not being in a championship game. This year that doesn't mean much.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOrry fellas. Maybe i need to take a week off.

@Rex Racer has this poster in his room and I lost a terrible Av bet because I apparently ran out of crack
No need for that -- kudos for the bet winner -- that's a tough one to top

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing because of their Big 12 like defensive performances against Louisville and Syracuse repsectively.