• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Want to be rated with bullshit's and dislike's

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because they are the team that benefitted. If it was another team it would be insert that teams name. I believe that's the point

I just hope all this nonsense doesn't continue every day until the Playoff gets here.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until they make a formula for winning your conference that also includes every single game you play in (won't happen), there is no way you can make that an automatic bid against other teams. UW didn't even play a team with a pulse in their OOC, but it had zero impact on going to the CCG. Out of conf games aren't even a tiebreaker at any point in the Pac12 rankings. They are completely irrelevant.

So making just winning the Pac be the only thing that gets you in ensures you never see another P5 team scheduling another P5 team out of conference again. Is that what you all want simply because Penn State got left out when the had two really bad losses on their resume?

No thank you. I'll pass.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You place too much importance on the CCG when the formula for going there ENTIRELY ignores the out of conference games. The playoff committee cannot ignore those games. You would be throwing out any chance of teams taking on tougher games if they don't count to getting into your CCG and that is all that is needed to get into the playoffs.

So no, you are entirely wrong sir.

All 3 of the teams fighting for those two spots had losses. Those losses had consequences. The one with the lest impactful loss was Ohio State and that, along with a win over Oklahoma in strong fashion, was enough to overcome the parts some of you are hung up on.

Good point. The h2h is still too much for me.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope all this nonsense doesn't continue every day until the Playoff gets here.
If it was Michigan or any other team it would be the same. I'm hoping they expand the playoffs. Or put out a clear cut system in the off season. So we don't have this nonsense personally

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU's actual season-long accomplishments on the field simply weren't as good as OSU's.

Our record was better, our wins were better, our SOS was better, our offense was better, our defense was better. One play does not make an entire season, and the committee gets that. Unfortunately the angry folks on here don't, hence why we have threads like this.
I'll add the most important part to the bolded that you left out, your loss was WAY better. Losing to a top 10 team by one fluke play on the road is the least damaging loss of any of the three teams. Penn State's two very bad losses were by far the worst and were far worse than both UW's loss to USC and Ohio States loss combined.

That was the killer for their resume.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will. Once someone gets a case of the butt-hurts, there's no way to get rid of it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, now I am going to root for you guys to win the whole thing because that meltdown will be even better than this one.

Okay, dammit, I want my hamburger steak. Quit blowing my notifications up, dammit!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn people sure are bitterly disappointed that Ohio State got into the Playoff.

:harbs3:
122c4acd1052fc28b2f55bbeef5236ff.jpg

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every team can schedule those games. And the H2H is too much for me.H2H is what put USC in the Rose.Why should the committee use H2H for one team and not the other?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact.

If this was any other sport not named college football, Penn State would be in the playoffs.

Penn State played Ohio State and Penn State won.

Penn State and Ohio State belong to the same conference. Penn State won that conference.

Penn State and Ohio State belong to the same division of said conference and Penn State won that division.

None of these things can be denied. These are all facts.

Except in college football, you don't get to earn your spot on the field. It gets given to you based on opinion.

Would an MLB team win its division with a 10-2 record if there was a 11-1 team in the division?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add the most important part to the bolded that you left out, your loss was WAY better. Losing to a top 10 team by one fluke play on the road is the least damaging loss of any of the three teams. Penn State's two very bad losses were by far the worst and were far worse than both UW's loss to USC and Ohio States loss combined.

That was the killer for their resume.
Spot on. Another thing I'm sure the committee took into consideration.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If head to head doesn't matter, don't play the damned game or at least turn the scoreboard off and call it a scrimmage.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, and again I think there would have been this same fight no matter which of the 3 were left out. They all had valid reasons to be in and yet one had to be left out. At the end of the day losing badly to Michigan and losing to Pitt were the albatross Penn State has to bear.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every team can schedule those games. And the H2H is too much for me.H2H is what put USC in the Rose.Why should the committee use H2H for one team and not the other?
They didn't... USC was ranked higher to finish the season so they went to the Rose over Colorado. Very simple.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough Ah didn't kill anyone until he became a teammate of Tom Brady's. But don't let that fact get in the way of your overly biased & idiotic posts.
Keep defending your scumbag hypocrite of a coach.

Urban-Meyer-Mugshot.png

While you make fun of ours for blowing up on the sideline.