• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Want to be rated with bullshit's and dislike's

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact.

If this was any other sport not named college football, Penn State would be in the playoffs.

Penn State played Ohio State and Penn State won.

Penn State and Ohio State belong to the same conference. Penn State won that conference.

Penn State and Ohio State belong to the same division of said conference and Penn State won that division.

None of these things can be denied. These are all facts.

Except in college football, you don't get to earn your spot on the field. It gets given to you based on opinion.
This is true its not that it is OSU. It is the committee and format that is flawed. And there are a few OSU posters that see this. Penn State did earn the spot. But the committee went popularity contest. Rather than what was decided on the field

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand, it's not that Ohio State is there that I see as the problem.

The fact that Ohio State is there and Penn State is not is the problem.

Ohio State fans have lost all rights to ever criticize the BCS for how they handle 2011 and LSU-Alabama.

It's not like Alabama replaced the team that beat them. The way Ohio State did.
giphy.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are only the B1G champion.

On second thought, maybe they aren't. This may be a situation like when teams have to forfeit wins and championships retroactively when the NCAA figures out they cheated 5 years later.

Does anyone know who will go down in the record book as the B1G Football Champion in 2016?

Read my # 76 comment. And to answer your odd question, Penn State's the '16 BigTen champ.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Ohio State is in because they beat Oklahoma in their OOC schedule. This shows that UW being in didn't kill the idea of playing tough teams OOC.

UW is in because they won their CCG and dominated in it. This shows that not everyone can just get in without even playing in their CCG.

Penn State is out despite winning their CCG because they got blown out in one game and lost another to an unranked team. This shows you aren't getting a free lunch for just winning a CCG, you have to actually still not get curb stomped along the way.

And Oklahoma wasn't even considered for both losing twice AND not having a CCG to add to their resume.

There was no perfect answer and there is no overall impact on the importance of either OOC strength, nor winning your conference. It will still be highly situational in future years and you better do what you can to put the best case forward if you want in to the playoffs.

Every team in deserved to be there for one reason or another and those left out have only themselves to blame, not the system or those voting on the final rankings. Period.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think OSU should be in the playoffs. Are they one of the 4 best teams? I think they are, but they did not win their conference or even their division. All the other teams in the playoff won their conference. Every other major sport (even in college) has a win and advance system in place. OSU didn’t win. PSU won the division and conference. Yes, they have 1 more loss, but the Championship and H2H make up for that in my opinion.

I saw this coming. The Committee was going to put the 4 teams (that they could make an argument for) to make the best ratings and set up the best possible match up for the final. Bama vs OSU/Clemson is what most people want to see. There was no way PSU was getting in and the Huskies were always going to be the #4 seed. How many viewers would they have lost if the final was PSU vs. Washington?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the point is, both got in, right?

The non-champion didn't get in while conference champion went to the NIT or something.

Swing and a miss there.
Nope, not at all. If the NCAA had a smaller field, Nova would've gotten in and Seton Hall wouldn't have. Conversely, if there was an 8 team playoff PSU would've gotten in. You're angry that OSU was given a higher ranking which allowed them to get into the playoff. Nova was given a far better seed than conference champ Seton Hall, a far bigger disparity than the one between OSU and PSU.

I hit it right on the head, you just can't handle that your angry little rant was proven wrong.

:shrug:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU getting in just shows the warts of the current system. It gets fixed this way. Four 16 team conferences. CCGs are the first round of the playoffs and then go from there.

I mean really, tOSU isn't even the best team in their division. Now we are supposed to believe they are one of the top 4 in the country? LOL.

RTRdian

Broken Filter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we gonna have to listen to people bitch about Ohio State in the Playoff until it gets here? Being upset w/ the Buckeyes makes no sense. What should they have done, declined the Playoff spot?

Like I said anyone here if their team was sitting where y'all are is a liar if they say they'd decline.

They made their choice so people need to work on sand removal (tater salad will be served after).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Ohio State is in because they beat Oklahoma in their OOC schedule. This shows that UW being in didn't kill the idea of playing tough teams OOC.

UW is in because they won their CCG and dominated in it. This shows that not everyone can just get in without even playing in their CCG.

Penn State is out despite winning their CCG because they got blown out in one game and lost another to an unranked team. This shows you aren't getting a free lunch for just winning a CCG, you have to actually still not get curb stomped along the way.

And Oklahoma wasn't even considered for both losing twice AND not having a CCG to add to their resume.

There was no perfect answer and there is no overall impact on the importance of either OOC strength, nor winning your conference. It will still be highly situational in future years and you better do what you can to put the best case forward if you want in to the playoffs.

Every team in deserved to be there for one reason or another and those left out have only themselves to blame, not the system or those voting on the final rankings. Period.
Could not have possibly put it better myself. :10:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this thread, seems that the ones really suffering from butthurt are the Ohio State fans who can't seem to grasp that some people would feel this way no matter who the two teams involved were.

Not everyone hates Ohio State, people.

You're not that important.

Had the roles been reversed and Ohio State won the game and the conference but Penn State got the nod, I'd be saying that Ohio State was the team that got screwed.

The funny thing about that, Ohio State fan, is.....

so would you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this thread, seems that the ones really suffering from butthurt are the Ohio State fans who can't seem to grasp that some people would feel this way no matter who the two teams involved were.

Not everyone hates Ohio State, people.

You're not that important.

Had the roles been reversed and Ohio State won the game and the conference but Penn State got the nod, I'd be saying that Ohio State was the team that got screwed.

The funny thing about that, Ohio State fan, is.....

so would you.

Wait a minute, you're bitching about Ohio State getting in & you say Ohio State fans are butthurt? That's nonsense.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, there have been several instances in the NCAA tournament where a non-conference champion was given a higher seed than the conference champion. Hell, just this last year Villanova won the national championship as a #2 seed despite Seton Hall winning the conference championship, and they only got a 6 seed.

But please, continue crying.
Good example. But...

difference is Seton Hall wasn't denied a chance to play for the natty after beating Nova in the Big East championship. While they lost to Gonzaga first round, they were still in the tourney and had a chance to win or lose it on the court. Penn State isn't provided with that chance in the CFP this year.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not at all. If the NCAA had a smaller field, Nova would've gotten in and Seton Hall wouldn't have. Conversely, if there was an 8 team playoff PSU would've gotten in. You're angry that OSU was given a higher ranking which allowed them to get into the playoff. Nova was given a far better seed than conference champ Seton Hall, a far bigger disparity than the one between OSU and PSU.

I hit it right on the head, you just can't handle that your angry little rant was proven wrong.

:shrug:

I guess you forgot that no way does Seton Hall get left out of the tourney because....

ever heard of automatic bids for conference champions?

Yeah, NCAA Basketball tourney has them.

Seton Hall as conference champion is in no matter their seeding because of that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think OSU should be in the playoffs. Are they one of the 4 best teams? I think they are, but they did not win their conference or even their division. All the other teams in the playoff won their conference. Every other major sport (even in college) has a win and advance system in place. OSU didn’t win. PSU won the division and conference. Yes, they have 1 more loss and the Championship and H2H make up for that in my opinion.

I saw this coming. The Committee was going to put the 4 teams (that they could make an argument for) to would make the best ratings and set up the best possible match up for the final. Bama vs OSU/Clemson is what most people want to see. There was no way PSU was getting in and the Huskies were always going to be the #4 seed. How many viewers would they have lost if the final was PSU vs. Washington?
They had one loss all season which came down to a botched punt. They deserve to be out in favor of a team that got blown out and lost a second game against an unranked team simply because that team beat them on that botched punt and won their CCG? It's at least a push at best.

They got it right. We can argue over the seeding of the top 4 maybe, but all 4 had the resume to be there for very different reasons. We have a committee exactly for this reason. It can't blindly be head to head or blindly conference champions only and it can't just put a team with a shit schedule in that ran the table. It requires logic and a deeper look.

This was the correct outcome and it's almost a universal acceptance of that across the landscape of college football experts.

Hell, those that don't believe Penn State should have been left out aren't even all in agreement that it should have been Ohio State left out. Many of those think it should have been UW left out. All it shows is how close the 3 were because each has a flaw in their argument to be there and each has similar claims to take those last two spots.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its almost as if the blind haters on here don't realize there is no rule that says the committee has to take a conference champion........... strange. :crazy::scratch:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That bold is paper thin. You don't just win a CCG. You get there by having the best record with consideration to h2h when records are tied. And then you must beat a team that got there with the same best record.

But ... an 8 team playoff ends this. With 8 teams, PSU is in and last year we would have seen a 13 - 0 Houston that was much better than last years 3 and 4 team that were drubbed by Clemson and Bama.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, you're bitching about Ohio State getting in & you say Ohio State fans are butthurt? That's nonsense.
I believe what he is saying. Is you could change the name to any other team in the same scenario.And it would be the same result. I don't care about Ohio State that's not relevant to me. They are not a rival and I have no reason to hate them. It's about a team that didn't win their division or conference championship. And lost a head to head game against a team the didn't get in. Based on a flawed system that needs to be revised. TBH this could be USC getting in under the same criteria. And I would say the same thing