• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Want to be rated with bullshit's and dislike's

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. Cancel the Playoff right now!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe what he is saying. Is you could change the name to any other team in the same scenario.And it would be the same result. I don't care about Ohio State that's not relevant to me. They are not a rival and I have no reason to hate them. It's about a team that didn't win their division or conference championship. And lost a head to head game against a team the didn't get in. Based on a flawed system that needs to be revised. TBH this could be USC getting in under the same criteria. And I would say the same thing

I'll say it again...being upset w/ Ohio State makes no sense. Your issues should be w/ the committee & nothing else.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you forgot that no way does Seton Hall get left out of the tourney because....

ever heard of automatic bids for conference champions?

Yeah, NCAA Basketball tourney has them.

Seton Hall as conference champion is in no matter their seeding because of that.
Well when you have a 64 team pool, you've got a hell of a lot more wiggle room for inclusion.

When you have 4 spots, it takes a lot more analysis than that. If there was a 4-team, hell if there was a 20-team playoff, Seton Hall wouldn't have made it without them having to contradict their original seed for them. That's because seasons are more than 1 game. Acting as if 1 play from 1 game is all you need to decide who had a better season is for ignorant people.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its almost as if the blind haters on here don't realize there is no rule that says the committee has to take a conference champion........... strange. :crazy::scratch:

Conference champion and h2h winner. :scratch: Yep.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, you're bitching about Ohio State getting in & you say Ohio State fans are butthurt? That's nonsense.

No, you are the ones butthurt.

Unable to accept the fact that some people have a difference of opinion to what the committee decided to do.

But continue thinking we're losing sleep over it.

It's lunch time, I'm having a hamburger steak.

And, will eat it with a smile on my face not giving a shit as I said my thoughts and now I'm hungry.

Hamburger steak > who got left out of the playoffs.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bold is paper thin. You don't just win a CCG. You get there by having the best record with consideration to h2h when records are tied. And then you must beat a team that got there with the same best record.

But ... an 8 team playoff ends this. With 8 teams, PSU is in and last year we would have seen a 13 - 0 Houston that was much better than last years 3 and 4 team that were drubbed by Clemson and Bama.
You place too much importance on the CCG when the formula for going there ENTIRELY ignores the out of conference games. The playoff committee cannot ignore those games. You would be throwing out any chance of teams taking on tougher games if they don't count to getting into your CCG and that is all that is needed to get into the playoffs.

So no, you are entirely wrong sir.

All 3 of the teams fighting for those two spots had losses. Those losses had consequences. The one with the lest impactful loss was Ohio State and that, along with a win over Oklahoma in strong fashion, was enough to overcome the parts some of you are hung up on.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. Cancel the Playoff right now!
I agree. Bama's got it won on paper and that is all the matters. Fuck playing the games. Games don't matter. We can play it out on paper or in the court of public opinion. Bama wins hands down! Can I get a second from the bammers?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were probably one of the little boys he diddled in the showers.. which is why you tell men on other teams to "prepare their anus".......... you found out you enjoy it.
Speaking of idiot ass Suckdick fans.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this thread, seems that the ones really suffering from butthurt are the Ohio State fans who can't seem to grasp that some people would feel this way no matter who the two teams involved were.

Not everyone hates Ohio State, people.

You're not that important.

Had the roles been reversed and Ohio State won the game and the conference but Penn State got the nod, I'd be saying that Ohio State was the team that got screwed.

The funny thing about that, Ohio State fan, is.....

so would you.

The conf champ got in last year.. how'd you like that game?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honesty though there was no wrong answer between Ohio State and Penn State. Both teams had their cases for the playoff and both deserved to go. The committee had to choose someone. I'm pretty sure I saw that the BCS would have had Ohio State playing in the national championship against Bama as well.

Conference championship auto bids with college footballs current set up could have some huge disadvantages. Had Virginia Tech pulled off the upset against Clemson did they deserve the playoffs? What about when Wisky won the B10 a few years ago at 7-5 or whatever their record was. You want that team in the playoffs? Also would leave it open for teams to take the last week or two off if they already had the division clinched.

Is it a perfect system? No, but acting like Penn State was somehow royally screwed is ridiculous. I'd say the same thing to anyone bitching had Ohio State been left out

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your issues should be w/ the committee
or their requirements...or their lack of requirements...or the fucking Gaylord Hotel!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference champion and h2h winner. :scratch: Yep.
CCG and H2H winner that got blown out and lost to an unranked team.

Stop being hung up on only the cherry picked parts of the story that makes a point that can't be made when looking at the whole picture.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this thread, seems that the ones really suffering from butthurt are the Ohio State fans who can't seem to grasp that some people would feel this way no matter who the two teams involved were.

Not everyone hates Ohio State, people.

You're not that important.

Had the roles been reversed and Ohio State won the game and the conference but Penn State got the nod, I'd be saying that Ohio State was the team that got screwed.

The funny thing about that, Ohio State fan, is.....

so would you.
And if PSU was 11-1 with 3 top 10 wins against one of the hardest schedules in the country while being top 10 in the nation both offensively and defensively, and OSU was 10-2 with a 39 point loss on our resume with our win against OSU coming at night, at home while we came off our bye and they came off a road night game against one of the most physical teams in the nation and only happened because of one fluke play while PSU dominated the rest of the game - Nope, I'd believe PSU is the overall better team for obvious reasons. I've said that now for weeks.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conf champ got in last year.. how'd you like that game?

I was dating a Bama fan at the time and she was in a happy as a horny prostitute at 1 am.

I loved that game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are the ones butthurt.

Unable to accept the fact that some people have a difference of opinion to what the committee decided to do.

But continue thinking we're losing sleep over it.

It's lunch time, I'm having a hamburger steak.

And, will eat it with a smile on my face not giving a shit as I said my thoughts and now I'm hungry.

Hamburger steak > who got left out of the playoffs.

Funny you keep saying Ohio State fans are butthurt when you're still bitching. And I have no problem w/ anyone that has an issue w/ Ohio State in the Playoff.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bold is paper thin. You don't just win a CCG. You get there by having the best record with consideration to h2h when records are tied. And then you must beat a team that got there with the same best record.

But ... an 8 team playoff ends this. With 8 teams, PSU is in and last year we would have seen a 13 - 0 Houston that was much better than last years 3 and 4 team that were drubbed by Clemson and Bama.
I agree and with the omission of a team. That won the same division and conference. With a resume that is closer than people are pretending.Being based on what is basically a judgement call. And scheduling which some teams hold an advantage in based on name.As well as a head to head win.Justifying the team they defeated on several direct results to get in. The NCAA needs to expand the playoffs or revise a clear system in the off season

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you keep saying Ohio State fans are butthurt when you're still bitching. And I have no problem w/ anyone that has an issue w/ Ohio State in the Playoff.
Only because they are the team that benefitted. If it was another team it would be insert that teams name. I believe that's the point. If it was Michigan would that change things?No

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCG and H2H winner that got blown out and lost to an unranked team.

Stop being hung up on only the cherry picked parts of the story that makes a point that can't be made when looking at the whole picture.
PSU's actual season-long accomplishments on the field simply weren't as good as OSU's.

Our record was better, our wins were better, our SOS was better, our offense was better, our defense was better. One play does not make an entire season, and the committee gets that. Unfortunately the angry folks on here don't, hence why we have threads like this.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, Cumstain and his team of lucky enablers asked PIBuckeye if they could perform their weekly bukkake ritual on them. Here is her response

stock-photo-funny-face-of-young-business-woman-open-mouth-teeth-emotional-portrait-isolated-234285847.jpg